1.    #1  
    Attention: New Treo 700w owners

Please let us know about camera and picture quality with the 700w. Photos from both devices would be ideal for comparison. For me, this point will sway me whether to buy the 700w or 650. Even though I do not have either device, I am currently on Sprint and would need to move to Verizon for the 700w. The camera serves a visual to-do list. I generally take quick snapshot when shopping to help me remember what store had what and for what price. I am not an impulsive shopper and mull over big purchases.

The camera on the Treo will not serve as a SLR replacement. We already know that the 650 has a .3 m camera while the 700w has a 1.3m. In addition, the screen resolutions remain lower on the 700w (240x240). Give us your thoughts in practice, not on paper (by the specs).
    Last edited by neville310; 01/08/2006 at 01:46 PM.
    Blah. So it looks like the color saturation sucks. This is exactly what I've been preaching about for so long: more megapixels is only part (and, IMO, the least important part) of the equation. Good quality camera optics and digital processing is far more important. Once again, it looks like Palm is playing the MS game by caring more that the spec sheet looks impressive than they do about the end result.
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    i've had my 700w for all of one day and so far, i'm not impressed with the camera. it seems to take the same crappy pictures that my 600 did, just bigger. i too use the camera while shopping for big ticket items so i can remember where i saw something and how much it was. it will serve that purpose, and probably no other.

i'm also not liking how you can't easily move pictures from main memory to the SD card...you have to cut & paste the pictures from one folder into another.

luckily, the 700w is highly functional in other regards and to me, that makes up for a so-so camera.
    On the 700w, can you modify the picture on the fly? (i.e. on the 6600 you can do different modifications to the picture like crop or changing the contrast, add text to it, draw on it, prior to sending it in an email.)
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho
    On the 700w, can you modify the picture on the fly? (i.e. on the 6600 you can do different modifications to the picture like crop or changing the contrast, add text to it, draw on it, prior to sending it in an email.)
    you can crop and do an autocorrect for brightness & contrast, and you can rotate the picture. doesn't look like you can draw or add text to it.