1.    #1  
    I read that the SMS thread capability was removed from the 700w and SMS messages are simply read in an "e-mail program" format. Do any heavy text message users find a problem with this removal of the SMS threading capability?
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    If your a heavy SMS user then yes this is a major setback from the T650
    I experience this when I send sms's to BB users. It's difficult to follow especially when there is a long time between sms's with the same person. It's OK but as damigs pointed out, a definite setback.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    On the Palm website they list SMS and MMS as two capabilities in addition to Email. I can't believe Palm would be bone-headed enough (close, but not quite enough) to drop SMS from one of their phones, even one aimed primarily at the corporate market. Of course I could be wrong and they could indeed be that bone-headed, but it looks like they kept SMS.
    Correct me if I am wrong, but it's my understanding that all of the MS phone platforms lack SMS threading. So it's not that Palm "allowed" it to happen, as much as it's part of their basic OS, no?
    It would be much easier with the threading capability that the 650 has...I loved the feature. Oh well...maybe they will allow it in the future.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    I certainly hope some 3rd party application comes out to help those heavy SMS users like myself. I have yet to jump ship but when I did play around with the PPC 6700 this was the major gripe I had
    Quote Originally Posted by dbdynsty25
    It would be much easier with the threading capability that the 650 has...I loved the feature. Oh well...maybe they will allow it in the future.
    The threaded SMS style on the 650 was one of the nicest SMS setups i've ever seen on a phone. Unfortunately, I dropped my 650 because of the Palm OS and lack of built in Wi-Fi. My company uses MSES so i couldnt do much with it. Now since Palm picked up Windows OS, i've ordered the 700. Much to my dismay, i read about the elimination of their text messaging software from the 650. What a huge HUGE HUGE dissappointment.

PS - I've been using an iPaq 6325 for several months, which is everything built into one (GSM, wi-fi, bluetooth). It runs on windows pocket pc software and uses the same SMS style that the treo now has. I dont mind telling you it blows majorly. Hopefully someone will come up with something soon.