Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I credited the three of you in that article as well.
    Palm Pilot-->Handspring Visor-->Treo 300-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700p+E62-->Treo700p+Curve (8300)-->Curve (8330)
    Quote Originally Posted by tomvb2000 View Post
    I credited the three of you in that article as well.
    Nice wiki!

I didn't do anything but ask the question,
    but, thanks

I just happened upon this Thread again today,
    Trying to find info on different email apps/options.
    Still learning all I can about WM.
    As of yet, I still haven't owned a WM device.
    Waiting for the 750 or 8525 to drop.
    Then the fun will really start!
    Just call me Berd.
    I'm looking for the Windows Mobile equivalent of Adarian's extremely fine Expense Diary, so I can track my hotel, meals, taxi, etc. travel expenses on the road.

I'm like Berdink. I am eagerly waiting for the 750. I'm looking for the unlocked/unbranded version. Don't care about wifi. Have wifi on an SDA and a Dash, and don't use it at all.
    hello HobbesIsReal..

would just like to ask for new tips for either a palm OS or windows OS treo..

Your collection is really great..
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    This is a great post. I've been asking the same question all over the place regarding the key-guard of the 700wx and how it differs from the 700p. The 700p allows two options for disabling the touchscreen, one for during a call and the other for when incoming calls are received. This is listed on page 299 of the manual (http://www.palm.com/us/support/handb...psprint_UG.pdf)
    Unfortunately, the 700wx only seems to have one option which is disabling the touchscreen during a call. Page 290 of the manual (http://www.palm.com/us/support/handb...xsprint_UG.pdf)
    Is there any application that can be used to fix or work around this problem?
    I keep on answering my Treo before I take it out of my holster and its driving me crazy, especially because outside of that I think this is one of the best phones on the market.

Thanks
    Last edited by usernamer; 12/17/2006 at 03:01 PM. Reason: typo's
    how do I Disable the Touchscreen call answer function?

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=131454
    Thank you to HobbesIsReal and all the other contributors to this thread.

I feel like I've learned in a day what it would have taken me years to learn on my own by playing around. This has been an INCREDIBLY HELPFUL thread.

Wow!

chris
  7.    #47  
    I just updated the FAQ with Part One of my WM Guide. Here is what was added to the FAQ:

How To: Install, Uninstall, and Transfer Files on Windows Mobile
    If you are knew to the WM world it might be a little confusing at first with how to install / uninstall software or how to copy files to your phone (i.e. docs, MP3s, etc...). Here is a step by step geared for the beginer that will walk you through all of this:

How To: Install, Uninstall, and Transfer Files
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    I am trying to push the limits of my 700wx with registry tweaks: My setup is as follows
    > Increased FileSystem cache Currently set at 8192
    > Increased FileSystem filter cache Currently set at 8192
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\GDI\GLYPHCACHE\ currently set at: 20480

It seems to work faster, but is there any value to modifyig these registry settings?? Which is best to increase?
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Is there any way, or there a program to use, to disable the touchscreen when a call comes in? Everytime I pull out my 700wx from the holster, phone or bag the phone answers. I have the key guard on, I tried the screen guard program and a sliding keyguard program. They all don't work well. I am looking for something that requires a key sequence to answer the phone when I see who is calling. Is that to much to ask for?
    I installed Win 6 in my treo and messed up my contact - I have a back up using sprite software but its not working with Win 5. Do you know how to reinstall Win 5
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123