1.    #1  
    Hello,

I have the 700, nice phone, a couple questions if anyone can help.

1. Does anyone know of a good way to check yahoo email? You can go to an actual website. Looks and feels good (although large and difficult to move around) BUT, you can't reply to an email. I loved the the Sprint interface with the "portals" to email and messenger. This doesn't have it.

2. If I could take one feature of the 650, that would be the contacts and phone logging. Does anyone know how to keep private contacts like on the 650 where they require a password to view? And, does anyone know how to delete all call history? It will delete all the calls made but then keeps this little history log and the shortest time you can set it for is to purge 1 time a week.

Thanks ahead.

eric
  2.    #2  
    I notice a lot of reads here.

Doesn't anyone use yahoo on their treo for email and or messenger? It is virtually unusable when attempting to do yahoo email. You can read but cant reply.

Appreciate some help.
    Eric

Quote Originally Posted by kirkeric
    Hello,

I have the 700, nice phone, a couple questions if anyone can help.

1. Does anyone know of a good way to check yahoo email? You can go to an actual website. Looks and feels good (although large and difficult to move around) BUT, you can't reply to an email. I loved the the Sprint interface with the "portals" to email and messenger. This doesn't have it.

2. If I could take one feature of the 650, that would be the contacts and phone logging. Does anyone know how to keep private contacts like on the 650 where they require a password to view? And, does anyone know how to delete all call history? It will delete all the calls made but then keeps this little history log and the shortest time you can set it for is to purge 1 time a week.

Thanks ahead.

eric
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    I use yahoo...well, my addresses are actually @ameritech.net, but that is Yahoo. I get them to work perfectly. Are you using one of their free accounts?
    I don't think the free accounts have POP3 access available. I believe you have to pay them for their premium service to get access the way you're trying to. There is an app floating around on SourceForge called YPOPs. I'm not sure exactly how it works but I think it's more for your desktop.
    It is for your desktop. Here is the link:

http://www.ypopsemail.com/

Another app from Sourceforge is Mr Postman....this is the one I use. For details on how I use it:

http://discuss.treocentral.com/showthread.php?t=103554

I hope this helps.
  6.    #6  
    Actually I wasnt really looking for the pop thing because of the fees but if anyone had sprint, there was a portal and using your browser you could launch yahoo email and messenger. This is all msn stuff.

Any other ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Silver5
    I use yahoo...well, my addresses are actually @ameritech.net, but that is Yahoo. I get them to work perfectly. Are you using one of their free accounts?
    Quote Originally Posted by kirkeric
    1. Does anyone know of a good way to check yahoo email? You can go to an actual website. Looks and feels good (although large and difficult to move around) BUT, you can't reply to an email.
    There are about a dozen portals you set up for your home page. I like +Startpage but haven't tried it on my 700w yet. It has a link to Yahoo mail as well.
  8.    #8  
    Appreciate the feedback. Can you provide just a tad more info on this? When you say on my home page, do you mean like a favorite(s) internet link? If so, what is the link name (any one that works)? I can tell you that the www.yahoo.com.mobile (or something like that) offers nothing.

Appreciate your help.

Eric

Quote Originally Posted by Beryl
    There are about a dozen portals you set up for your home page. I like +Startpage but haven't tried it on my 700w yet. It has a link to Yahoo mail as well.
    Check out www.myway.com too. Great non-pop-up portal that allows free pop3 checking. Never received any spam here either, unlike Yahoo.
  10.    #10  
    Appreciate the link. I have enough email accounts. Just wanted to find a way to continue to access my old yahoo. Gmail works wonderful though.

Eric

Quote Originally Posted by netfreedom
    Check out www.myway.com too. Great non-pop-up portal that allows free pop3 checking. Never received any spam here either, unlike Yahoo.
    The home page is the default page that comes up when you start PIE. You can set that to be any portal page you want. There are a lot of portals out there and most have links to the major free email sites (Yahoo, Hotmail, etc.).
  12.    #12  
    I think we are talking past each other here. I changed that default page immediately to MSNBC but even the default page did not have the portal links that sometimes come standard to such things as yahoo, weather, etc.

I guess what I am asking is just for the actual written portal link for me to type in the address bar that will have the PDA version of most common emails, etc.

So, are we talking URLs here or "installations" for portals?

Thanks,

Eric

Quote Originally Posted by Beryl
    The home page is the default page that comes up when you start PIE. You can set that to be any portal page you want. There are a lot of portals out there and most have links to the major free email sites (Yahoo, Hotmail, etc.).