1.    #1  
    nobody . . . read: NO - FREAKIN' - BODY...

that designs, builds or sells palm hardware

or software

cares if you or anyone else can get their emails

when they are sent . . .

if you want that silly, useless function than go buy a well thought-out, tried and true, effectively simple one-trick-pony from that canadian company...they're mired in litigation right now but i'm sure they'd appreciate your business...

or go to the chatter developer's thread on this site and beg the every-man genius MARC BLANK to port CHATTER for your new treoW that was built without your email needs in mind...

it's f**ing ridiculous...just give us push email for god sake...holy s**t!...bill gates said last year (in response to the cult-like following for the idiotberry) that instant push email would be "ubiquitous" in the mobile market within the year...

sweet...here's the 700w...and it's got............simulated push via sms trigger...

yaaaaaaayyy!!!!!!!!

detroitkruk
    =========================================================
    the review of the 700w was awful. but it provided some good information.

get it?
    Dude - there are tons of options for push email.
    The SMS thing will work, like you said; there's the Verizon branded service of Intellisync, called Wireless Sync.

It all depends on what your email picture is - POP? IMAP? Exchange? Notes? Many choices out there in the world.....
    Dude, Goodlink is true push and it works beautifully on my Treo 700.
    Global Posts
    134 Global Posts
    Chill, detroitkruk, chill

AKU2.0 was released to all device manufacturers on 11-16-05. Push will be here soon. And as nrosser said, in the interim the SMS version on AUTD works well.
    Quote Originally Posted by HalM
    Chill, detroitkruk, chill

AKU2.0 was released to all device manufacturers on 11-16-05. Push will be here soon. And as nrosser said, in the interim the SMS version on AUTD works well.

i have been hearing the word soon from the day treo 90 came out. i think Palm and Windows simply dont get it.

Goodlink works only with corporate servers and cannot be used out of the box by individual users like u can with BB now
    again I say - for an individual user, you can use Wireless Sync Personal version - works just like the Blackberry Web Client does - same concept (there's a web site sitting in between your POP/IMAP server and your device, just like BWC).
    Dude.
    if i delete on handheld will it delete on mailbox, if sent from handheld will it show up in my Gmail account or outlook? Thats impossible
    Depends on what mail setup you're using - if you're using Exchange or Notes, all actions on the handheld (delete, reply, etc) will show back up exactly the same on the server. Can't answer for gmail or POP - I've only used Exchange with Wireless Sync.
    Quote Originally Posted by joshkerr
    Dude, Goodlink is true push and it works beautifully on my Treo 700.
    What version of Goodlink works on the 700w?
    what's the big deal with push email? If it is that critical, have all your email forwarded to your phone's email account and get it as an SMS. Better yet, you should be receiving calls for critcal issues that can't wait 10-20 min.

It makes much more sense to check you email when you actually have time to read it instead or constantly being interrupted. Check it every 5-10 min via auto sync and stop crying.

FYI... CDMA cannot receive calls while there is a data connection. GSM can but not while it's actively receiving info. One more thing to think about.
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.
    Quote Originally Posted by nonobeez
    what's the big deal with push email? If it is that critical, have all your email forwarded to your phone's email account and get it as an SMS. Better yet, you should be receiving calls for critcal issues that can't wait 10-20 min.

It makes much more sense to check you email when you actually have time to read it instead or constantly being interrupted. Check it every 5-10 min via auto sync and stop crying.

FYI... CDMA cannot receive calls while there is a data connection. GSM can but not while it's actively receiving info. One more thing to think about.
    push email is a big deal xxx xxxxxxxxx..if u get it by sms how do you propose to reply to it..in corporate meetings you would rather have important alerts sent to u thru push rather than thru a phone call and one cant keep auto syncing there..got it?
    Last edited by ronbo2000; 01/09/2006 at 01:34 AM. Reason: name calling
    Global Posts
    879 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nonobeez
    Please dont spread wrong information... i see this said so many times and am tired of correcting people.

With EVDO you CAN and WILL receive calls even if its actively receiving or sending data such as streaming video or audio.

If you are not in an EVDO service area and are forced to use 1xRTT then any active data session will cause the call to go to VM.
    and to further pile on the nonobeez bash-fest -

If push email isn't a big deal, why do you think millions of blackberry devices have been sold? It's the PUSH that gets people - the instant delivery of email to their hip. PUSH email is the main reason RIM has taken over that market completely. (but Microsoft will eventually kill them).
    'what's the big deal with push?' - puh-lease. Push is what it's all about!!
    Quote Originally Posted by athreya
    push email is a big deal xxx xxxxxxxxx..<snip>
    You can respond without name calling. Thank you.