1.    #1  
    I've upgraded from my Treo 600 with snappermail to the 700w and I'm pretty confused. I was able to add 3 email accounts manually by going to messaging, Menu, Tools, New Account; and the 3 accounts all work. However, it seems as though to retrieve messages, I have to manually switch to each account, and then hit Menu, and then hit send/receive. Is this correct?

I've also noticed that in addition to the 3 accounts that I've set up, there is one called "Outlook E-Mail". I have no idea what email account this one is using, and I tried sending out of it but it doesn't work. I called Palm, but the guy that answered "hadn't been to training for the 700 yet" and recommended simply deleting the account. Does anyone know what this account is?

Finally, when I plug in the charger/sync chord, my computer is constantly making loud noises. It seems as though it's constantly syncing. I miss my 600, where I would have to push a button to sync. Is this possible?
    Quote Originally Posted by demichae
    I've upgraded from my Treo 600 with snappermail to the 700w and I'm pretty confused. I was able to add 3 email accounts manually by going to messaging, Menu, Tools, New Account; and the 3 accounts all work. However, it seems as though to retrieve messages, I have to manually switch to each account, and then hit Menu, and then hit send/receive. Is this correct?
    This might help:

Quote Originally Posted by HobbesIsReal
    If you are logging in you obviously have your account info entered in correctly.

Let's double check your settings for auto connecting to get your email......
    Go into Accounts.
    Tap on the comcast account.
    Hit next until you get to the last screen where it has the Finish button.
    Tap options.
    Check "Connect and check for messages every:" and then type in 10 minutes below that.
    Tap Next.
    Check "Outgoing email server requires authentication".
    Check "Require SSL Connection".
    I have "Only Display messages from the last ____ days" check and set to 4.
    Tap next.
    I have mine set to "Get Full copy of messages". That way I don't have to log on again to read the full thing.
    Tap Finish.

See if that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by demichae
    Finally, when I plug in the charger/sync chord, my computer is constantly making loud noises. It seems as though it's constantly syncing. I miss my 600, where I would have to push a button to sync. Is this possible?
    Yes it is very possible that is happening. There are three settings for Sync:

• Continously -- Whenever anything changes with any of the items you have selected to sync...email, contacts, Splash ID, tasks, favorites, files, etc...it will sync immediately.
    • On Connection -- Only when you set it in the cradle. This is is the one I use because there is always so much going on and being updated on my laptop that it was driving me crazy syncing every 45 seconds and slowing down my laptop.
    • Manually -- You have to start it, but either right clicking on the icon in the tray on your desktop, via the handheld, or from ActiveSync itself.

In order to change this setting to the one you want right click on ActiveSync in the tray on your desktop>>Click Open>>Schedule>>and select your setting.

I would also encourage you to to then click on Sync Options tab and unselect anything that you don't care about Syncing. For example, I so rarely use tasks that I have it unselected. This will speed up your sync time with only syncing the items that you really use.

I hope this helps.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks Hobbes; unfortunately the "Schedule" icon is not highlighted and I am unable to select it. I've uninstalled the application, re-installed it, still no luck. I don't like this phone too much.
    At the moment I would just chalk it up to being new to you. Give it a chance. Try to change the schedule when the phone is NOT connected and using ActiveSync. If the phone is actively syncing you will not be able to make any changes to ActiveSync's settings.
    Here's another question... For some reason the majority of my email say "Nil)" when they are downloaded into the inbox. I have double checked all the settings and have ensured that the entire message box is selected.

Anyone else having this trouble??

Man... this learning curve is pretty damn steep! :-)
    One of the things that really annoyed me about the PPC-6700 was that you couldn't rename an email account once you created it. You have to either delete it and recreate it with the name you want or try to hunt it down in the registry.
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    Quote Originally Posted by HobbesIsReal
    This might help:

Yes it is very possible that is happening. There are three settings for Sync:

• Continously -- Whenever anything changes with any of the items you have selected to sync...email, contacts, Splash ID, tasks, favorites, files, etc...it will sync immediately.
    • On Connection -- Only when you set it in the cradle. This is is the one I use because there is always so much going on and being updated on my laptop that it was driving me crazy syncing every 45 seconds and slowing down my laptop.
    • Manually -- You have to start it, but either right clicking on the icon in the tray on your desktop, via the handheld, or from ActiveSync itself.

In order to change this setting to the one you want right click on ActiveSync in the tray on your desktop>>Click Open>>Schedule>>and select your setting.

I would also encourage you to to then click on Sync Options tab and unselect anything that you don't care about Syncing. For example, I so rarely use tasks that I have it unselected. This will speed up your sync time with only syncing the items that you really use.

I hope this helps.

WOULD THESE SETTINGS FOR EMAIL BE THE SAME FOR AOL IMAP? THANKS!
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    These are not email settings but simply settings to control how, when, and how frequently your 700w syncs physically (or wirelessly if you set it up that way) with your Desktop or Laptop.