Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
  1.    #141  
    I should have my 3.0 sometime this week...man I am heading out on a road trip tomorrow morning that would be perfect to test it out on :

Email from Inav on 7/13:
    Your free v3 eligibility has been confirmed and your disk will be shipped by Friday or Monday via USPS first class mail.

Thank you.
    Customer Service
    www.inavcorp.com
    After reading all eight pages of this thread, is there a concensus on that the best BlueTooth Reciever is?

If so, what are the top three BlueTooth GPS Recievers?

Thnx
  3.    #143  
    Ver 3 arrived today (a week late)......haven't installed it yet. Give me a week and I will post some thoughts on the latest and greatest with iGuidance.

Incognito...first of wall, welcome to the forums!!!!! I really have been enjoying the iblue. Minus some of the isolated issues expressed in this thread, you will be happy with any of them. The big reason I like the iblue so much is it's sleep mode. I am horrible at remembering to turn off my BT GPS unit once I get to where I am going. I jump in the car the next morning only to see it still flashing. It can last a couple days in sleep mode. It wakes up really easy and nice too as soon as my phone calls for it.
    I have ver. 3 of iGuidance on a Treo 700W and so far it works pretty well. It doesn't scroll smoothly like TomTom (which uses interpolation I assume) but it gets the job done and is pretty accurate so far. It seems to be updating about once every second. I really like how maps are added, you can select one state at a time but view them as one large map in the program. Also, it takes up only about 2-3 MB of RAM on my 700W so I can listen to music through WMP while using iGuidance, something I cannot do with TomTom (which uses more RAM) because of the lack of RAM on the 700W. The only problem I have encountered so far is that the screen will not stay on unless I set it up under the Power Settings control panel. One thing it lacks is a multi-state viewing option for long trips (like TomTom).
    Newbie here, to both the 700W and GPS. I purchased the palm-branded gps bundle with TomTom software - I think I've seen a few others purchase this as well. I initially could not get it to successfully link up at all (No GPS message in TomTom even though 700W and GPS Receiver both showed that they were linked via Bluetooth), except for randomly.......but I think I figured that part out (unchecked Use Secure Connection check box in the COM port section). It seems to successfully link to TomTom now - except that whenever I turn the unit off and then on, the 700w doesn't re-sync it on BlueTooth. I've gotten it to do it automatically a couple times with a soft reset, but it doesn't work consistently. If I go into the Bluetooth icon, go to the device and hit Refresh, then suddenly it links up again and everything is fine.

My question is - does anyone else have this same problem? If so, is it normal? If it's not normal, does anyone know what would fix it?

Thank you - this forum has already been of immense help just reading through it all!!
    Quote Originally Posted by HobbesIsReal
    The big reason I like the iblue so much is it's sleep mode.
    The iTrek M3 has a sleep mode as well, and uses the SiRFIII chip. You'll like the new iGuidance, I've had it for 2 or 3 weeks now, (decided to try iGuidance after reading your comments at the top of the thread and was waiting for v3!).

I found you were right, I've dumped TomTom for iGuidance. They both have their good points interface wise, I could live with either, but iGuidance loads in 2 seconds whereas TomTom takes at a minimum 30 seconds, and the NAVTEQ maps are better. Those two reasons sealed it for me.
  7.    #147  
    Quote Originally Posted by buzzword
    The iTrek M3 has a sleep mode as well, and uses the SiRFIII chip.
    I still have the previous iTrek model that my wife now uses and I loved it. I just hadn't used the latest iTrek model so couldn't give any first hand comparison.
    Last edited by HobbesIsReal; 07/28/2006 at 08:30 PM.
  8.    #148  
    I love the new ver 3 for iGuidance!!!!!!!

I just updated the original post with an updated review and screenshots for the new Ver 3.
    Thanks Hobbes - good stuff as always.
  10.    #150  
    Me and some other TC members want to be able to add / import personal POIs into iGuidance ver 3. I emailed iNav and asked if this was possible:

Quote Originally Posted by HobbesIsReal
    I have the new ver 3 and love it! The interface is easy to nav and the detour option has already come in handy with accidents on freeways, construction, etc...

Just one question....is there any way to add my own personal POI. This would be an invaluable feature. I the DM for XXXXXXXX and would love to be able to add the store locations for retail chains we deal with.

I don't see an option for this in the program, but is there a file that I can edit to add personal POIs?

thank you
    Their answer:
    Quote Originally Posted by iNav_Tech_Support
    This is one of the top feature requested by endusers. However, current version of iguidance does not support that. All the existing POI's are provided by Navteq Corporation and incorporated into the map raw data. Hopefully, we will be able to provide this feature in the future.

Thank you and we apologize for the inconvenience.
    Support Team
    hobbes;

I've been quietly trying to track GPS chips over the last several months. It seems to me that the SirfIII chip has performed slightly better in tracking tests and the Nemerix chips like in the iblue have better battery life.

I've seen where people are saying the v4 firmware for the Nemerix chips when it comes out is supposed to improve tracking. But I can't figure out if this v4 is out yet, and if the iblue has it or not? Can you offer any advice?
  12.    #152  
    Quote Originally Posted by hotrod
    hobbes;

I've been quietly trying to track GPS chips over the last several months. It seems to me that the SirfIII chip has performed slightly better in tracking tests and the Nemerix chips like in the iblue have better battery life.
    This is true.....for me the increased battery life weighed more important than the difference of the chips sensitivy. I have never felt any dignificant drift with my positioning with the iBlue....at least nothing that will effect driving.

Now if I was geocaching, I would pay more attention and decide on those standards, but I don't, so I don't.

Quote Originally Posted by hotrod
    I've seen where people are saying the v4 firmware for the Nemerix chips when it comes out is supposed to improve tracking. But I can't figure out if this v4 is out yet, and if the iblue has it or not? Can you offer any advice?
    Yes I have heard this too, but have not followed up on it at all. The two best places to go are http://www.semsons.com/ and http://www.gpspassion.com/ which may have an update already posted on it or you could ask it in their forums which are usually pretty active. Between the two you should have your answers. Let me know what you find out.
    I found your post and it looks like I'm having the same problem that you had. I'm using i-Guidance v3 on a treo 700w. I had it working for about an hour and then it stoped. Did yours every have a question mark (?) next to it under the Devices tab? I'm guessing that it's a hardware problem..

Thanks for any input.

Quote Originally Posted by cognetic
    Is it just me and this i-Blue or are others having problems with BT GPS on the 700w in terms of pairing stability and connecting with the BT GPS device?

I'm in a quandry... I need a working solution ASAP!! Like by tomorrow...

Does anyone have a working BT GPS device on a Treo 700w to recommend?
    If not, then how about a tethered one (Holux)?
    I just ordered my iBlue and Iguidance. It should be here today. It is supposed to have v4 of the firmware. I'll keep you posted how it goes. I'm very excited.
    Well i got it 2 days ago and I love the bluetooth gps. Iguidance is awesome too. The maps seem much more up to day than TomTom5.

But I do have a couple of problems/quirks.
    1. I can't keep my Treo700w on while using Inav. I've checked the screen and power settings and it still turns off after 1 min, with or without external power.

2. Since the 4 hardware buttons are pretty much tied to phone, start, ok, and power there is really only one hardware button (the side button) that I can program as hotkeys.

3. I've noticed some problems getting my iguidance to recognize my iBlue gps. It will never auto-detect it. I have to manually hit tools-Gps settings-port- and choose my port 8 that I'm using. The iBlue GPS demo program I got from Semson's will scan an detect my iBlue. (even though it is not Square screen aware).

I've been in contact with iNav support, but I have not received any answers that have solved my problems yet. So I thought I'd post here while I'm waiting.
  16.    #156  
    Maybe someone that actually owns a 700w can answer 1 & 2 for you better than me.

As for 3.....iGuidance will always ask you what BT unit you want it use. Don't know why, but it has always done that across several phone including the PPC-6600, 6700, i730, i830, etc... After the click okay to the distraction warning, you need to tap the BT device that is your GPS unit. But you seem to saying that it will not even give that option in startup? I haven't heard anyone having this problem. I assume you tried to pair it with the 700 itself. When you manually start the auto detect search, it never finds it and then only works after you manually enter in the port and baud rate?
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Has anyone used TomTom, iGuidance, or CoPilot when boating, hiking, etc.? I would love a GPS program that could be used for more that just in the car. With the lightweight BT GPS receiver, it make sense to use it in other ways. Thanks for any info.
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Also, has anyone been able to get a BT GPS receiver and a BT headset to work at the same time on a treo 700w. Thanks.
    The problem with TomTom, iGuidance is that they are street softwares, so when you are not on the street, they just display you out in the middle of nowhere, and tell you to return to the street.

I have my Plantronics 320 and my iBlue paired at the same time with my 700w. The problem is that most of the time it doesn't have enough memory to keep INav running and answer or dial a phone call at the same time. A major thorn in my side.
  20.    #160  
    That's not a problem, that is what it does. They are driving GPS navigation programs.

There are loads of geocaching, topographical, outdoors in woods type of GPS programs as well.....but they don't do very good with getting you where need to go downtown.
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast