Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Anyone heard about iGuidance working with the 700? That is the software I'm most interested in. I like the deals that Semsons has on it along with a few adapters.
  2.    #62  
    Yup...I just got their email this evening:

Hi:
    It's been tested that iGuidance v2.1.3 will not display properly on 240x240 screen (bottom of the menu screen will be chopped off).

If time permits, our programmers might consider adding 240x240 format support to our next map upgrade release (ETA: 3/2006).

Thank you.
    Support Team
    So it looks like it MIGHT be available in March.

This is what I wrote back to them:

Thank you for your reply. If it helps, here is a thread from TreoCentral that might give you a little bit of an idea of how popular iGuidance is among new Treo 700w owners:

http://discuss.treocentral.com/showt...7&page=1&pp=40

I hope we will be able to see an update in March.
    From iNav support:

Just talked to our programmers again. While they won't be making a patch for existing versions, they might try to add 240x240 screen format into our next map upgrade release (either with the 3/06 or 10/06 release).

Thank you.
    Support Team
    I believe "map upgrade" releases cost the upgrade price to existing owners unless they bought the software within 3-4 months of an upgrade release. I wish they could just do a temporary fix and add scroll bars to get us by until the next release. I'm going to start looking into other gps software solutions. I really love iGuidance but I need gps on my phone asap.
    Yup...if they are going to take three months...I'll have to look elsewhere. Their loss I guess.
  5.    #65  
    Last time the map upgrade price was about 65% of the full price. I think the full price is $120 and they sold it for $75. Which is too high IMHO.
    Looks like the TomTom now comes up for the Treo 700w in the Treo Central Store. Anyone try it yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott R
    It's claim to fame is that it has a mini-USB port which allows you to hook it up to a laptop or a Treo using a special cable instead of using BT. Why would you want to do that? For a Palm OS Treo 650, this would enable you to use the Treo's Bluetooth for a BT headset. For a WM5 Treo 700w, that shouldn't be a concern as you should be able to have multiple simultaneous BT connections. Still, it's a nice feature to have. The GPSlim236 also claims to support user-installable firmware updates, but I'm not sure if Holux has released any, so it could be a feature that's never taken advantage of.

Is that cable a charging cable also or just data?

I
    Last edited by vikingjunior; 01/16/2006 at 09:37 PM.
    Wow...did you really need to quote the whole post for that question? Makes for a hellova lot of pointless scrolling on the beloved Treo.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbdynsty25
    Wow...did you really need to quote the whole post for that question? Makes for a hellova lot of pointless scrolling on the beloved Treo.

Is that better?????
    Perfect.
    I still haven't tried out the cable and cradle, but I'm pretty sure that it charges both the Treo 650 and GPSlim236.
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott R
    I still haven't tried out the cable and cradle, but I'm pretty sure that it charges both the Treo 650 and GPSlim236.

Cradle??? I didn't know you had a cradle, I was just wondering if the cable going from the GPS reciever to the Treo was a charging cable like does it use up the Treo's power supply.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbdynsty25
    Looks like the TomTom now comes up for the Treo 700w in the Treo Central Store. Anyone try it yet?
    Looks like they took it off the site.
    Can anyone confirm that a BT Phone Headset can be used simultaneously while using a BT GPS unit?

All this reading about BT GPS has my psyched to purchase... Thinking about that Holux GPSlim236 or the i-Blue with Tom Tom...
    Quote Originally Posted by cognetic
    Can anyone confirm that a BT Phone Headset can be used simultaneously while using a BT GPS unit?

The T650 can only support 1 BT device at a time
    The Mapopolis/i.Trek combination works beautifully. It paired up and got a 3D fix shockingly fast with the 700w. It usually takes 5 minutes to get a fix with my XV6600.
    Last edited by Beryl; 01/25/2006 at 01:57 PM.
    My bad.. I meant to ask specifically for the Treo 700w... Can one use a BT GPS and BT ear-set for phone calls simultaneously?

Important for me in order to select a GPS unit... If I cannot use my BT phone ear-set then I will have to go for that Holux GPSlim236 with serial cable capability or BT option. Tethered headset is less desirable than tethered GPS for me when raod traveling...

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Katahdin
    TomTom support stinks! I can't activate mine because I previously had it activated on another phone and it won't allow me to activate my copy again. I sent them a message on Friday and still have not heard back.
    I have to disagree with you about their support. Prior to my 15 day return period for my 700w, I got the vx6700 to try out as well. The 700w is a nice phone but for me (I can't emphasize the FOR ME part enough), the xv6700 was a better choice, so I returned the 700w. I then tried to install TomTom Navigator 5 on the new xv6700 and ran into the same problem you did about already activating it on two devices. My first thought was "SH*T", their support is supposed to suck balls but I had no choice and I called them. I left my info with the rep that answered the phone and within 10 minutes I got a callback. All I had to do was fax them a copy of my receipt and 10 minutes later I got a call back with my new activation code that is good for another two devices.

Maybe I was lucky to get good support reps on the line but from my experience, that was pretty good support compared to other venders.

Meat
    Quote Originally Posted by davisdog
    The T650 can only support 1 BT device at a time
    Hmmm.... Well i had to register just to say something about the above.
    I have a Sprint Treo 650, I so far have 3 BT devices going at the same time. I use the I-blue BT GPS, BT Headset and BT Internet access via DUN all at the same time..
    Gotta love Bluetooth..
    The BT GPS limitation applies to GSM phones I believe. It was my understanding that mutliple "live" conenctions were possible in the BT 1.2 stack but not the 1.1 which is on the 650 line. All reports I have read have peeps closing their GPS program to answer a call and even sliding Treo a bit out of cradle to take the call and then after ending the call, sliding it back in and restarting the program.

http://www.treocentral.com/content/Stories/725-1.htm

"When I reviewed the Seidio G4850 Car Kit, the only issue I had with it was that you could not use a Bluetooth headset with a GSM Treo 650 that was in the cradle."