Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    If anyone is interested HandySwitcher has been updated to support hardware keys (for better one hand operations).

While the menu is up you can use the D-Pad keys
    - up/down: to navigate through menu items
    - Select: to switch to the selected running programs
    - Right: to close the selected running program
    - Left: to close the menu (cancel).
    That is HUGE!!! Thank you very much.
  3.    #23  
    First of all... ...Welcome to TC!!!!!!!

I am glad the info in this thread helped!
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by HobbesIsReal View Post
    OFF TOPIC:
    EDIT: I just got confirmation today that Sprint will be releasing the EVDO upgrade next month.
    Just in case anyone was still hoping for the EVDO update for the 6600....it was officially cancelled around March.
  5. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    The messiah of lengthy posts.
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG View Post
    The messiah of lengthy posts.
    NRG....Some appreciate the info, as stated above several times over, and you apparently do not. If you personally are not interested in the info (no matter the topic)...skip it. That's a wonderful thing about forums....easy to scroll.

I guess I could have said only the following in the original post:
    If you want your WM device to be as one handed friendly as possible, use your hardware buttons and many of the software options available and make them work together. Look it up and search it out yourself. I hope this helps those who are new to WM!
    Last edited by HobbesIsReal; 09/10/2006 at 09:58 PM. Reason: spelling error
    In Blazer you could press the spacebar to jump to the address bar. Is there a button you can press for PIE to do the same thing?
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi View Post
    In Blazer you could press the spacebar to jump to the address bar. Is there a button you can press for PIE to do the same thing?
    Yes. When not in explorer, using option button+send opens explorer.

However, if already in PIE, the same combo of option+send takes you to the address bar.
    Daniel Levin
    levinda13@sbcglobal.net
    I learn something new on this phonbe every day.. and I've had it since January! I really thought I KNEW this phone.

When on a call, usually the call info is a white backround and takes up the whole screen. Turns out that if you push down on the d-pad, the call info becomes a small portion at the top of the screen and the rest of your normal today screen opens, which can be navigated. For example, you can look and edit items in Pocket Breeze while on the call. To get the whole call info screen back, just go up and click on that piece of real estate.

It is amazing how many of these little tricks are not documented anywhere!

I apoligize if I'm the only one who didn't know this.
    Daniel Levin
    levinda13@sbcglobal.net
    What button is "send"?
    Green button
    Daniel Levin
    levinda13@sbcglobal.net
    Ah ok, it doesn't work if in full screen mode, but if not in full screen mode it does work. What I wanted was a button press or combo that would drop down the address bar and jump to it while in full screen mode.
    Doesn't work for me. If I press option + send it just goes back to the Today screen. If I hold option and press send while in PIE it does nothing. Holding option and pressing send when it the Today screen brings me back to PIE.
    Not sure why it does not work for you. Holding option + send in PIE definitely takes me back up to the address bar. I myself goy this tip from this forum, so I know it works for others, as well.

Anyone else out there not able to do this?
    Daniel Levin
    levinda13@sbcglobal.net
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    AWESOME post.

Off topic: I'm originally from Vancouver too . You still out there?
  14.    #34  
    Yup....Vancouver, WA....not BC
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Hobbes, me too. I grew up in Cascade Park!
    Ah ok, it doesn't work if in full screen mode, but if not in full screen mode it does work. What I wanted was a button press or combo that would drop down the address bar and jump to it while in full screen mode.
    If in full screen, you have to add one key press. Hit the WM softkey to temportarily suspend full screen mode and then option + send.
    Daniel Levin
    levinda13@sbcglobal.net
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12