1.    #1  
    I've owned the Treo 600 & 650 & my initial impression of the Treo 700W is very favorable.

As opposed to some of the posts contained in the 700W forum, I find the 700W very intuitive to use with many great features that I have just begun to explore & utilize.

After synching with my "Outlook" contacts, that contain almost 2,000 entries, the lookup and dialing-out, as you simply start inputting a name, is much better in my opinion, than on my Treo 650. The Voice Dial works impressively.

The voice mail function with the icons for saving,deleting, etc...are very convenient.

The EVDO provides for very fast email transmission & web browsing.

The slightly smaller size than than the Treo 650 makes one handed operation a little bit easier.

All In All, Palm has a real winner in the 700W in my opinion. The build quality & feel is exceptional!

The more I use the 700W the more impressed I become.

TA Jones
    how did you get email to work with outlook? I have aol imap.

Thanks!
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    I just got mine today also, first time treo owner. I like it so far, i just need to find some other good stuff to put on it =).
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashenor
    I just got mine today also, first time treo owner. I like it so far, i just need to find some other good stuff to put on it =).
    curious, is it an application like a GPS or games? or are you looking for other types of software? what do you mean by good stuff? does it not do what you want it to do out of the box?

regards
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    I am looking for some games and other software for it. No its awsome out of the box, the net is very snapping coming for a sidekick II. I hope a program comes out to make AIM as easy to use as it was on the sidekick and not auto log you off.

I am just looking for some fun stuff for it. I am a bit of a noob with adding programs to it i want to get the siriusCE working on it and a shoutcast player. Failed at installing both so far but thats me not the programs =).

I need to find a good mortgage calculator also.

I am very interested in a GPS setup for it, have only read a bit about the Tom Tom setup so far, but i would like to get something in the next month since i drive a lot for work that would make it very nice.
    For GPS, you can install Mapopolis v4.64, and download a demo map to see if you like it or not.

There are a lot of free mortgage calculator around, check www.pocketpcfreewares.com, or www.handango.com of you want to buy one.

There are too many good games in PPC, unfortunated, most of them are hard-coded for 240*320 or 480*640.
    Treo 750 unbranded T-mobile, HTC WIZARD 8125 T-MOBILE (broken), Treo 650 T-mobile 1.43/1.14 OS 5.4.8 Garnet (sold).
    Dell X50v, X30 624Mhz and HP ipaq h2210 h1945.

Treo 750 hacks thread.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Ya i notice that anyone know of a few good games for this screensize?

Thanks
    Over in the brand new WM Apps forum I have two threads that will point you more WM software than you can handle......you will need to verify that they are WM05 compatible and square screen compatible:

Software Coupon / Sales Thread

Software For PPC

Software Choices for WM03 & WM05
    I need a good IRC client any suggestions?
    Does the 700 have streaming Internet audio like the 650 with PocketTunes Deluxe?
    Yep. I'm streaming using WM10 just fine. I'll probably try out GSPlayer and Betaplayer also.
    MobiTV! When are we going to get it?
    Like mine also but few issues:

1. Can't get wireless email sync to work - using aol imap
    2. Lacks PIM power like 650 has.

The phone end of it really rocks though - solid calls!
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    I had a BB 7130e for 14 days and all it did was crash and reboot! So after a memory wipe and an hour on the phone with the tech, it still did it! I went down to Verizon today and turned it in for a 700w. Unreal! like a VW to a Rolls Royce! The web is lighting compared to the BB. Can't wait to learn how everything works!