1.    #1  
    Anyone else getting this? It's occurring when I'm trying to load mp3's onto my SD card, and it cannot convert a file. Active Sync then freezes forcing a soft reset. It's happened 4 times already...
    What other software have you loaded? I see this once in a while but usually it is related to bad older software.
    That is a blast from the past. I haven't seen this in quite a long time. I can't remember the causes off the top of my head, but gwes.exe is part of the GUI. Are you running any Today plug-ins?
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    I looked up GWES to see what it does
    "The Graphics, Windowing and Events Subsystem (GWES) is responsible for all graphical output and all interactions with the user.
    The drivers that reside in the GWES address space include display drivers, printer drivers, keyboard drivers, mouse drivers, and touch screen drivers."
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...chitecture.asp
    and
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...efunctions.asp
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    That is a blast from the past. I haven't seen this in quite a long time. I can't remember the causes off the top of my head, but gwes.exe is part of the GUI. Are you running any Today plug-ins?
    I haven't loaded anything at all just tried to load mp3s to the sd card (on my 700w right now btw) I am a wm5 newbie btw
    gwes.exe is part of the GUI, and caches graphics resources (icons etc), and can grow to several megabytes in size (e.g. 7+). What was your free memory like when this happened?

Surur
  7.    #7  
    It shows right now about 10 mb free. It only happens when I try to put songs on my sd card. This one thing is giving me problems, nothing else. It keeps freezing up my treo and my active sync. I'm not sure what it is. Anyone else having problems putting mp3s on an SD card
  8.    #8  
    This is still happening, driving me crazy! I try to load mp3s to my SD card, and after it loads 1 or 2 files the next file will lock up.

When I force close Active Sync the Treo will no longer read my SD card, no matter how many times I reinsert it.

Anyone have any ideas? HEEEEEEEEEEELP!!!!
    Yeah this is getting annoying now. The comments about MP3s -- that gives me a clue. I have a giant wad of MP3s on my SD card. I'm going to delete them all and see whether this makes the problem go away.
    For what it's worth I get this error from time to time and I have zero mp3 files on my SD card.

When I have gotten the error I believe it was I when I was doing something with the Today screen (changing a setting etc.)
    I'm running my next marathon for charity.

Click here and help me by donating online.
    Based on the Microsoft blog linked above, it seems that gwes.exe doesn't have anything to do with MP3s. I'm going to stop playing with the Today screen for a while and see what happens. I don't want to do the reset unless I have to.