Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    First off...I would like to say Congrats to all new Treo 700w Owners!!! With me being a former Treo 600, 650 owner ( I own the PPC-6700 Now ), I know how it feels to wait for your next new device.

As a word of caution, be careful what you load on your phones! Loading non-compatible apps can greatly decrease your WM5 experience. Most PPC apps you find today are not Supported by WM5. There are a lot that do. The number of WM5 software betas grows every day. Below are two links from the PPC-6700 (another WM5 OS Phone) forum over at pdaphonehome.com that talks about app compatibility. I would recommend that you start here before adding new software to your new phone, crashing it, and then wanting to call it crap due to some bad software.

Third Party Programs That don't Work
    http://www.pdaphonehome.com/forums/s...threadid=56478

Third Party Programs That Work
    http://www.pdaphonehome.com/forums/s...threadid=56476

Good luck and enjoy your new toys!
    "When Palm announced today that its new smartphone would run an operating system from Microsoft, it was the equivalent of Coca-Cola agreeing to fill its bottles with Pepsi." ~David M. Ewalt, Forbes Magazine
    ----------------------------------------------------
    My Phone history.....
    This is what the Treo Central family is all about. . . .

Thanks, Fittske !!
    I took their hint earlier this morning and made the same threads in the WM Apps forum here at TC. =)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fittske
    First off...I would like to say Congrats to all new Treo 700w Owners!!! With me being a former Treo 600, 650 owner ( I own the PPC-6700 Now ), I know how it feels to wait for your next new device.

As a word of caution, be careful what you load on your phones! Loading non-compatible apps can greatly decrease your WM5 experience. Most PPC apps you find today are not Supported by WM5. There are a lot that do. The number of WM5 software betas grows every day. Below are two links from the PPC-6700 (another WM5 OS Phone) forum over at pdaphonehome.com that talks about app compatibility. I would recommend that you start here before adding new software to your new phone, crashing it, and then wanting to call it crap due to some bad software.

Third Party Programs That don't Work
    http://www.pdaphonehome.com/forums/s...threadid=56478

Third Party Programs That Work
    http://www.pdaphonehome.com/forums/s...threadid=56476

Good luck and enjoy your new toys!
    Good stuff, helped me scrub my download app list. I know some of these posts are dated, so there are probably updates to some of these apps.
    Brian McGuire
    .../600/650/8700c/700w/Moto Q/700p/Nokia E62/700wx/8525/750c/BB Pearl/Blackjack/BB 8800/BB Curve & HTC Vox S710 >>iPhone
    There are a couple of big categories that are worth avoiding or being aware of:

1. Today plugins - get plugins written for WM5. Older ones may run but they run slooooowly and drag your whole device down.
    2. You cannot replace device drivers - screen resolution, audio drivers, sms drivers and the like will crash WM5 so that you have to hard reset. Avoid the resolution switcher app Nyditot like the plague - I had this happen to me last night.
    Also keep in mind the Treo has a square screen which is something of a novelty in the PPC world and is not yet fully supported by many apps.
    Current: iPhone 3G
    Retired from active duty: Treo 800w, Sprint Touch, Mogul, Apache, Cingular Treo 650, HP iPaq 4350, T|T, M505 - Nokia 3650 - SE R520m, T610, T637, Moto P280, etc, etc...
    This might apply for any WM5 device, right? Thanks for the links!!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!