Registry Edit
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\nls\overrides]

Create String: S1159
    Value = Am

Create String: S2359
    Value = Pm

Create String: STFmt
    Value = h:mm tM

Soft reset * All characters are case sensitive and must be entered as stated above.
    Added this one to my favorite tweaks list.

For those of you running Tweaks2k2 and having it display the date and time this tweak works perfectly with it. I've got the date, time, (thanks to Tweaks2k2) and now the AM/PM.
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorn
    I am, and each time I soft reset the device the new registry settings just disappear, and the message sent thing persists.
    Wait 5 minutes after you do the hack and then to the soft reset.
  3.    #163  
    Quote Originally Posted by HobbesIsReal
    Again.....another one to save more room in your main memory.

Move "My Documents" to a SD Storage Card
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows CE Services]
    Mofify\Create the following:
    String Bane: FileSyncPath Value: \SD Card\My Documents
    Simply create a root folder on your storage card named: My Documents.
    I forgot to note on this one that you will need to do a search for "My Documents" in the Reg and change all of them to say "\Storage Card\My Documents\" followed by whatever subdirectory if already listed.
  4.    #164  
    I don't have WM05 so I could not test it, but I just saw this one on the 6700 forum at PDAphoneHome:

No need to use 3rd party software to update your time...

why this option was hidden still amazes me....

DO NOT EDIT YOUR REGISTRY IF YOU DO NOT KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING....

Edit Regkey HKLM\SOFTWARE\OEM\PhoneSetting

Look for HiddenTimesyncPage and set the value to 0

(repeat for HiddenVoicePrivacyPage if you wish)

Now... When you got to Settings -> Phone -> Services you should see Time Synchronization (and Voice Privacy if you edited that key as well)
    Quote:
    "Pocket Internet Explorer Undercover as Internet Explorer 6.0!
    Disguise your version of Pocket Internet Explorer Internet Explorer 6.0 running on Windows XP!

Many web sites that require encryption (such as banks and online retailers) don't verify if your browser support high encryption, they just check the browser version.

This registry hack will make Pocket Internet Explorer identifies itself as Internet Explorer 6.0 running on Windows XP, which may let you connect to web site that check the browser version

NOTE - This hack will prevent web sites that provide Pocket PC specific content to be able to know you're actually using a Pocket PC.

Browse to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\
    Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\User Agent \
    Change the default value from "Mozilla/2.0" to "Mozilla/4.0".
    Change the "Version" value from "MSIE 3.02" to "MSIE 6.0".
    Change the "Platform" value from "Windows CE" to "Windows NT 5.1".
    Some web sites may just compare the user agent string, but if this is not enough, browse to the Post Platform\ sub key and delete the "240x320" value that specifies screen size.
    Pocket PC Registry Editors (Free!)
    For a free registry editor for the Pocket PC, take a look at the PHM Registry Editor at http://www.phm.lu/Products/PocketPC/RegEdit/, or make life easier and check out Tweaks2k2 (http://www.pc-counselor.8m.com/downloads.htm) - these will carry out the tweaks for you!"

i tried this on a WM03 (nextels i930) and it said i must have version 3.0 or better for a web browser. this was at citizens bank.com , just click login and you get the error. any ideas to fix this?
    Quote Originally Posted by hotmonkeyac
    another good hack, if anyone can figure it out....would be to make the keylock password that comes up default to use the number keys. as it is now, you have to hold the option key. since it is a number only program, it shouldn't even recognize letters when it's on the "simple 4 digit" option"
    Microsoft has fixed this in the Messaging and Security Feature Pack (MSFP).
    See: http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobi...5/default.mspx

After this update, my phone now defaults to numbers when it prompts me for the unlock password.

The downside is that the security feature pack allows my employer (who isn't paying for my phone) to enforce security policies since I synchronize my mail directly with the corporate exchange server. The result is that they chose to lock my device anytime it has not been used for 30 minutes. And the box is now grayed out such that I cannot turn off the auto-lock feature or change the timeout.

Hence, I came across this forum while searching for a registry setting to gain control of this setting again.

Anyone know of one?
    I don't think you should be able to change it. Even though your employer isn't paying for your device, you are directly accessing their resources and as long as you choose to do that, they have a right to enforce their rules. I wish I had something similar to MSFP with Lotus Notes but I fully expect my company to enforce similar restrictions. If I don't like that, I'd need to stick to a redirector solution.

I'm not trying to start an argument and sympathize with you but as an upline IT manager, I can see and fully support the other side of the coin.
    Does anyone know how to change the fact that whenever I add a new contact, it goes straight to "work" as opposed to home or mobile? Is there any way to change this behavior?
    Hi does anyone of a hack that would let you edit the lookup field lets say for example if you are abroad and you want to call the office that it woul let add the long distance numbers for example 001 52 instead of typing the whole number.

Thanks
  10. kac
    Quote Originally Posted by Flipperbw
    Does anyone know how to change the fact that whenever I add a new contact, it goes straight to "work" as opposed to home or mobile? Is there any way to change this behavior?
    I'd love to know how to do that. I want it to default to "Mobile"
    Quote Originally Posted by charames
    Microsoft has fixed this in the Messaging and Security Feature Pack (MSFP).
    See: http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobi...5/default.mspx

After this update, my phone now defaults to numbers when it prompts me for the unlock password.

The downside is that the security feature pack allows my employer (who isn't paying for my phone) to enforce security policies since I synchronize my mail directly with the corporate exchange server. The result is that they chose to lock my device anytime it has not been used for 30 minutes. And the box is now grayed out such that I cannot turn off the auto-lock feature or change the timeout.

Hence, I came across this forum while searching for a registry setting to gain control of this setting again.

Anyone know of one?

I figured it out!! I now have the ability, through a registry edit, to un-gray the checkbox such that I can choose my own settings again (and still synch with the corporate exchange server).
    Quote Originally Posted by charames
    I figured it out!! I now have the ability, through a registry edit, to un-gray the checkbox such that I can choose my own settings again (and still synch with the corporate exchange server).
    Dude, you can't post something like that without details! Please share!
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    Please let us all know how you did it. I have been looking for the hack for a long time ......
    Quote Originally Posted by surur
    In WM5 registry changes do not get committed to storage till after a while. This is keep devices from getting even more sluggish. If you soft reset using the reset button it does not commit recent changes at all. If you reset using the various reset utilities however it will commit your changes to storage. In short, if you reset using the reset button you will keep seeing your changes being undone.

Surur
    Can you define the "various reset utilities"?

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by cmajewsk
    Can you define the "various reset utilities"?

Thanks!
    Software that performs a reset. There are countless utilities which include this features.

Go the www.pocketgear.com and enter "soft reset" in the search bar and you'll see many of them.
    Click HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
    Click ControlPanel
    Click Phone
    [at this point, the buttom grey status bar should read \HKLM\ControlPanel\Phone'
    Click the bottom menu 'edit'
    Select new dword value

Change the value name to "Flags2" (no quotes).
    Select the 'hexidecimal' button.
    Type 10
    Click ok.
    You should now see in the 'name/data' section:

Flags2 16 (0x00010)

When done, reset the device.

(thanks jglev)[/QUOTE]

Ok, so I enabled the connections always on hack on my verizon 6700. now your duration/disconnect hack doesn't work. I want evdo to stay connected cuz I hate the fact that everytime I go to view a page it dials to connect, yet I would still like to be able to disconnect the connection at will. any ideas?
    update your phone with the new rom...that will give you a "always on" connection
    then do this reg hack.

The Vision duration registry edit from the 6600 works on the 6700. This edit allows you to see the duration of your Vision connection along with a button to disconnect it. You see it in the bubble that is displayed when you tap the Vision icon.

Click HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
    Click ControlPanel
    Click Phone
    [at this point, the buttom grey status bar should read \HKLM\ControlPanel\Phone'
    Click the bottom menu 'edit'
    Select new dword value

Change the value name to "Flags2" (no quotes).
    Select the 'hexidecimal' button.
    Type 10
    Click ok.
    You should now see in the 'name/data' section:

Flags2 16 (0x00010)
    When done, reset the device.
    I have the new rom. I downloaded it from Verizons site. It disables the Always ON. I changed it back within the registry but when you do this, the Disconnect Hack is disabled for some reason. How Many roms are there available for the 6700?
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Is there away to turn off the battery icon where the time is.
    Quote Originally Posted by jcramos View Post
    Is there away to turn off the battery icon where the time is.
    I'd like this one too.

CM