Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 LastLast
    in calendar- is there a way to change the suggestions it gives you- when you hit the bar its starts withj "meet with", call etc..
    I did the change to add the date to the top bar, not just the time, but there are 2 "problems" for me. First, the date is biggger (at least bolder) than the time, and I'd rather have it the other way around. Second, the second digit in the year gets cut off "presumably because that space is for the "OK" button to appear. How can I make the time be bigger and bolder than the date (and perhaps on top)?

Also, has anyone figured out a way to make the softkey bar thinner? It is essentially twice as thick as it needs to be. And while we're at it, anyone figure out how to remove the Verizon bar without removing contact lookup option?
    On my Sprint PPC 6600 WM03 the Green Led goes away if the Index is changed to 0 under this registry path:

Hkey_Local_Machine\Drivers\BuiltIn\NLEDMgr
    shdwtek, I took a look at my registry and couldn't find the key you referenced. Here is what I found:

And here is what was in the NLed folder:

Thanks for the suggestion. If I missed a post that answered the "turn off green blinking light of slow insanity" question, please post the link. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by HobbesIsReal
    Save 700K+ of memory by deleting the \Windows\PhoneOff.wav file (almost 800K) and copying \Windows\PhoneOn.wav file (17K) to \Windows\PhoneOff.wav
    cant find the folder with this info..i looked in the sound managment area and also in the registry with no luck......could you please be more specific....thanx
    Does anyone know if there's a registry hack or any other way to force the redial list to reset?

Clearing the call log leaves the redial list still intact, and I'm tired of seeing the list in my face.

I want the redial list to reset when I clear the call log, or some other method of resetting the list if anyone knows one.

Does anyone know where the redial list is kept? Is it a file or a series of registry entries?
    Quote Originally Posted by buzzword
    Does anyone know if there's a registry hack or any other way to force the redial list to reset?

Clearing the call log leaves the redial list still intact, and I'm tired of seeing the list in my face.

I want the redial list to reset when I clear the call log, or some other method of resetting the list if anyone knows one.

Does anyone know where the redial list is kept? Is it a file or a series of registry entries?
    Why do you alway see this list? Are you pressing the green phone button to turn the phone on?
    Quote Originally Posted by tsalonia
    Why do you alway see this list? Are you pressing the green phone button to turn the phone on?
    No, but I just don't need to see my last 10 calls whenever I do use the phone button. I mostly just call 1 or two numbers, so my list is full of numbers I've called once. I want it to clear (or have the option to clear) when I delete the call log, as it does with Windows Smartphone!
    Quote Originally Posted by WirelessJ
    Does anyone know how to disable the 'wireless sync' icon that takes up 1/3 of an inch on the bottom of the today screen. It is a shame to waste that whole line for a little logo that I have no use for, and it is the only program that I have that does not allow you toggle that icon on or off. Thanks in advance!!!
    did anyone find a hack for this yet? this icon is very annoying. it'd be a lot better if it was up by the bluetooth icon
    Is there WM5 registry documentation available from Microsoft that anyone knows of? Some sort of reference manual through MSDN or someplace on the web?
    another good hack, if anyone can figure it out....would be to make the keylock password that comes up default to use the number keys. as it is now, you have to hold the option key. since it is a number only program, it shouldn't even recognize letters when it's on the "simple 4 digit" option"
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymouse
    I did the change to add the date to the top bar, not just the time, but there are 2 "problems" for me. First, the date is biggger (at least bolder) than the time, and I'd rather have it the other way around. Second, the second digit in the year gets cut off "presumably because that space is for the "OK" button to appear. How can I make the time be bigger and bolder than the date (and perhaps on top)?

Also, has anyone figured out a way to make the softkey bar thinner? It is essentially twice as thick as it needs to be. And while we're at it, anyone figure out how to remove the Verizon bar without removing contact lookup option?
    I have the same exact problem. Can anyone help?
  13.    #153  
    ENABLE VOICE COMMAND THRU YOUR BT HEADSET

I just saw this hack for the Universal and for the Wizard. I thought I would post it here to see if anyone could get it to work in the Treo 700:

Enable MS Voice Command activation from BT headset

This is a great tip posted by rilot at xda-developers.com that works on both the Wizard and the JASJAR:

Install Voice Command to the default location.
    Fire up a registry editor
    Go to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\OEM\VoiceCommand
    Modify the string marked "path" from the default \Windows\SDDialer.exe to \Program Files\Voice Command\VoiceCMD.exe

Now, when you press your BT headset connect button, MS Voice command will fire up and take commands through the headset. It's reponses will be played through the headset too.

http://www.mobilegadgetnews.com/blog...p?showentry=78
  14.    #154  
    Registry hacks by description
    This is a nice link with a few hacks listed that include:

Eliminate Text Message Sent Notification
    Clearing Out Cyberon Voice Dial
    Relocate IE Cache, History and Cookies to Storage Card (WM5.0)
    Remap Left Today Screen Softkey (Calendar) (WM5.0)
    Speeding up Wmdows Mobile 5 (WM5.0)
    True VGA for Windows Mobile 5 (WM5.0)
    Changing IE scrolling default from link-by-link to page-by-page (WM5.0)

http://wiki.howardforums.com/pocketp...by_description
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    The voice command hack won't work. It works on the Universal and Wizard because they have a built-in voice dialing app. that works over BT already (like the Samsung i730), so the needed software to direct the audio to the headset when running a voice dialing app. is already there, and you just have to replace it with MS Voice Command. Maybe we should find what software/registry settings are on those devices that allow the voice dialing app to be directed to the BT headset when the button is pushed.
    Device: Sprint Touch
    Accessories: Jawbone 2, 6GB Sandisk miniSD
    Editor: www.mobilegadgetnews.com
    Does not work

Quote Originally Posted by HobbesIsReal
    ENABLE VOICE COMMAND THRU YOUR BT HEADSET

I just saw this hack for the Universal and for the Wizard. I thought I would post it here to see if anyone could get it to work in the Treo 700:
    There is not even the reg keys to try this.. I've been searching the reg for a similar value with no luck..
  18.    #158  
    Quote Originally Posted by smeg36
    The voice command hack won't work. It works on the Universal and Wizard because they have a built-in voice dialing app. that works over BT already (like the Samsung i730), so the needed software to direct the audio to the headset when running a voice dialing app. is already there, and you just have to replace it with MS Voice Command. Maybe we should find what software/registry settings are on those devices that allow the voice dialing app to be directed to the BT headset when the button is pushed.
    Thanks for the feedback, I thought this was the case, but wanted to share it just in case there was a chance it worked for you guys!
    Is there a registry hack for changing the default Calendar option to "free" from "busy" for appointments? I like to set reminders like "Call mom" on there but when it syncs up with my work acct, people who request my meeting attendance get a "busy" signal if I forget to set it to free.
    Hi! Great thread ^^ I've just gotten a JasJar/Universal, and many of the above mentioned suggestions (and also from here: http://wiki.xda-developers.com/index...5_Tweaks_Other ), have been very useful!

But I am looking for one more thing (also mentioned by many above posters!), my JasJar/Universal has about 300,000 pixels on it's display. About 50-60,000 of these are being used by constant menus (like the huge softkey-menu..) One "solution" proposed was to enable fullscreen in IE, but that doesn't help for all the other programs out there.

I'm also looking for a couple of tweaks for the included keyboard. I doubt anyone has anything but shift as shift and maybe the explorer-icon as "CTRL" would be highly appreciated.. (now need stylus to cut and paste..)

I realize this is off-topic, but here are some software tips that also expand the abilities of your PPC:

1) MagicButton. Genius program, freeware, gives you a taskbar on top, and the top-right [X] for all programs now means "close program", not the default "hide".. (!!) http://www.trancreative.com/mb.aspx

2) Linux is now running on the JasJar/Universal - if anyone's interested in that. It's still a beta, installs on an SD card and is loaded from WM5, where it "takes over" the PocketPC ("unloads" Windows) until you reset of course. Link to the project thread:
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/viewtopic.php?t=35972