Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast
    I have tried SPBPocket Plus before, with my XV6600, but I would like to not have to use a third-party app.

I am not familiar with a registry key script. Could you explain?
    Is there a hack that'll stop the EVDO function from going dormant? If someone can help me with that, I'd be eternally greatful! I need it to not go dormant when it's signed in because I use IM+, and I can't get incoming IMs when the EVDO function goes dormant. Once I jolt it out of dormancy, it sends all the incoming IMs at once or if it's not dormant, my IMs come in normally. Any help would be fantastic.

By dormancy I mean when the EVDO icon, when signed in, fades out a bit and isn't solid white. I think it's to preserve power, but I don't care. I want my IMs!
    Quote Originally Posted by SiskoKid
    Is there a hack that'll stop the EVDO function from going dormant? If someone can help me with that, I'd be eternally greatful! I need it to not go dormant when it's signed in because I use IM+, and I can't get incoming IMs when the EVDO function goes dormant. Once I jolt it out of dormancy, it sends all the incoming IMs at once or if it's not dormant, my IMs come in normally. Any help would be fantastic.

By dormancy I mean when the EVDO icon, when signed in, fades out a bit and isn't solid white. I think it's to preserve power, but I don't care. I want my IMs!
    Check out: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...highlight=evdo

-Chris
    That option doesn't really help me. I thank you for trying, but I'm curious if anyone knows a way to keep it always on as in never going dormant. The EVDO stays on as long as a program using it is on in the background.

Well, if anyone knows, I'd be totally in love with them FOREVER! DUN DUN DUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    funny, you're looking for exactly what they were worried that hack is. If you can find a program that ping some remote host, that you can leave open, that'd be great. Somes like you're looking for a potential battery drainer though.
    Quote Originally Posted by ctitanic
    Tweaks2K2 version 3.19.0 available only at my site. 4 new hacks have been added. 3 of them relative to phone edition.

http://www.tweaks2k2.com/portal/stat...50224182009983
    I installed 3.19.0 today on my Treo 700w, which came with MS Voice Command already installed. However, when I try to use the tweak for "Voice Command for Voice Dialing," it is grayed out and the help says that Voice Command must be installed in RAM or ROM for this to work. It is installed.
    Hello, I was wondering if there is a hack/registry setting that changes 1) the Messaging app that is the default for the left context button on the Today screen (I'd rather have it load a different app like IE), and 2)ability to turn off messaging alerts (Outlook/SMS)? Thanks!
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    I have resco explorer and I want to delete a few keys that have been leftover by software that I uninstalled and cant figure out a way to delete keys.
    Quote Originally Posted by f1realtor
    I have resco explorer and I want to delete a few keys that have been leftover by software that I uninstalled and cant figure out a way to delete keys.
    Dosent tap and hold give you a context menu to delete?
    Has anyone figured out how to re-enable the Dial up networking service through bluetooth that has been killed by Verizon. I am trying to use my Treo 700w as an Internet connection for my other PPC or my laptop. For the laptop I can use PDAnet desktop to do it, but I have to use the sync cable to get it to work.

I know Verizon does not want you doing this for their highspeed network, as a matter of fact it is against the user agreement, but on the 1x network they don't have a problem with it....

Please advise...

Kirko
    Im not sure if this one got mentioned:

Change radio on off sound
    HKEY\ControlPanel\PhoneExtendedFunction\CDMA\FlightModeOnOff

change Sound_on and Sound_Off to the name of the wave you want.
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tem
    Im not sure if this one got mentioned:

Change radio on off sound
    HKEY\ControlPanel\PhoneExtendedFunction\CDMA\FlightModeOnOff

change Sound_on and Sound_Off to the name of the wave you want.
    You mean to tell me there's no way built into the phone to change that?
    Quote Originally Posted by HobbesIsReal
    This works on both various WM03 and WM05 devices to turn off the blinking led lights:

Hkey_Local_Machine/Drivers/Builtin/AllLEDMgr

Change the Index value from 1 to 0

Soft reset if needed
    There is no AllLEDMgr key under Builtin on my 700w. I'll try adding it with PHM. Is this a binary or DWORD value?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleuth255
    There is no AllLEDMgr key under Builtin on my 700w. I'll try adding it with PHM. Is this a binary or DWORD value?
    DWORD value
    I added it and it seems to have no effect on the 700w. Even after a soft reset, the green LED still flashes. The new entry survived the reset too.
    I tried this, even though AllLEDMgr did not exist. The DWORD value was saved properly as Index and it didn't stop the green LED from flashing no matter if it was 0 or 1. I did notice that I can delete "Index" but not "AllLEDMgr" -- I get an error message, so the OS must be using it for something... but clearly not "Index".
    Palm Treo 700w, Motorola Q
    Fully Converged, Cell Phone Videos
    oops.... my bad. I misread the instructions. Under Builtin is a new key named AllLEDMgr. In this key is a DWORD value named "Index" that s/b 0.

I'm resetting my treo now...
    still no joy

edit:
    @sourmash:

I've got the exact same symptoms you have now. Can't remove the AllLEDMgr key. I wonder if there's an additional value besides the Index value that's required....
    Last edited by Sleuth255; 02/06/2006 at 08:31 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blario
    You mean to tell me there's no way built into the phone to change that?
    Nope
    Who knows the registry name/value pair to change the start menu's text color? I am able to change the main colors (top bar and command bar), but can't find where i can change the text color of the start menu. I have tried using MS Theme editor to do this, but it only allows you to change the Today screen text, etc. Unless I am overlooking something.
    Brian McGuire
    .../600/650/8700c/700w/Moto Q/700p/Nokia E62/700wx/8525/750c/BB Pearl/Blackjack/BB 8800/BB Curve & HTC Vox S710 >>iPhone
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast