Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tre-i-e-i-o
    I downloaded it and frankly, it sucks. It is MUCH slower loading pages and I can't figure out how to implement favorites. Plus, if you don't want to buy it, you only get a 45 day trial, and an annoying reminder pops up everytime you launch the app to tell you how long you have left in your trial. I'm going to give it a few more days but so far I really don't like it.
    I agree. The browser is very slow at loading pages, even with EVDO.
    Quote Originally Posted by dimented
    You don't need to hack them. just go into full screen mode.
    Yup - your correct my bad on that one - guess I didn't play around with it long enough.

Thanks dimented ..
    Anytime
    Hey all, I've been lurking on this board since I got my PPC-6700 on Monday, you guys have great stuff and have provided a ton of good hints, thanks. I have three questions though that I was hoping you could help with: first, when my device resumes from on-standby (the power button that doesn't really turn it off) I do not have access to the menus on the the top or bottom for a few seconds including the close button and the start menu, and sometimes tapping on the screen doesn't respond either for 4-5 seconds. i have SPB pocket plus installed, and I think it may be the problem. Has anyone experienced similar issues or is it a problem unique to my device? even if it does register on the very first tap, it will go will not respond for the next few seconds. this happens if the device puts itself into on-standby or if i do it manually. second, is there a way to force buttons (the note button and the IE button on the side) to be press-and-hold? currently i cannot set that in the "buttons" settings panel. third, I hate it that the transcriber or keyboard or whatever I select pops up when ever I goto a text field. I would like to set it so I have to access it manually every manually (usually I'll use the slide out keyboard anyways). even closing it after it opens for the first sometimes makes it stay closed sometimes not... in fact even opening the keyboard isn't guaranteed to close it. Is there any registry hack for this? thanks for any help you can provide!
    As far as the lag time goes this is a new version of the OS on a converged device an stuff is bound to be less than smooth. You can try uninstalling and reinstalling, moving to internal, waiting for updated apps and updated ROMs.

The IE button pres and hold is button 4. The is no dual function for the voice record button but a button launcher might help that.

Third NullKeyBoard will stop the onscreen kb from popping out. Sorry you'd have to goggle it.
    Quote Originally Posted by HobbesIsReal
    I have done this on my PPC and it gave me back 15 mb of memory space! Here are the directions from a 6700 WM05 forum:

EDIT: there have been reports of this hack eventually causing PIE errors after 1-2 weeks on the 6700. This may be a unique problem with the 6700 and/or it's minicard or it maybe a WM05 issue. I have used this hack for a long time on my WM03 device and have never experienced any problems.

If it works on the 700w, then this could save you tons of room.
    What kinds of problems? I did it on my 700 and more and more it tries to open a web page but then just shuts down (pie, not the treo). It started with a few sites and now sometimes it won't even open my main page (vzw.msn.com).

I am going to change it back to the main memory to see if it makes a difference. Could it be that I also did the registry change to present pie as MSIE 6.0?
    hey all, i figured i'd post a follow up to my own post, in doing some other research on the net i was able to isolate the reason for the delay / lag when turning the device to full on from on-standby...i had a today plug-in (spb weather) installed to my memory card, which meant everytime it came back from standby it would have to load from the card...causing a delay / lag. apparently this is directly related to Today plug-ins, not other programs. hopefully this will help someone else with the same problem...

Tem, thanks for the nullkeyboard tip, that did the trick. I still would like to force the notes button to be "press-and-hold" rather than just "press" to activate the notes...i don't want to change what it loads, i just don't want to press it once by accident and trip it...
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Hi,
    I'm currently looking for Betatesters for the latest version of Tweaks2k2 where have been added some of the hacks listed here.

I'll take only two persons, of course, they need to know about how to edit the registry. Those selected will get a free copy of the program.

If anyone is interested, send me an email to ctitanic -at- tweaks2k2.com

Thanks in Advance...
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    I got all the betatesters that I need.
    Those who have not received any reply from me were not acepted at this time. Thanks anyway!
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Ok, I need somebody with a CDMA phone. Anyone interested?
    I used to using a WM2003 device and I recently changed over to a WM05 device and I was wondering is there any way to change the auto search (when dialing) feature to search the whole phone number for the characters I'm dialing...

Just to be clear what I mean is this:\
    In WM03 I would dial 1234 and it would display 514-123-4321
    In WM05 if I dial 1234 I get nothing. Instead I need to dial 514-123-4

Any ideas?

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jgomez
    What kinds of problems? I did it on my 700 and more and more it tries to open a web page but then just shuts down (pie, not the treo). It started with a few sites and now sometimes it won't even open my main page (vzw.msn.com).

I am going to change it back to the main memory to see if it makes a difference. Could it be that I also did the registry change to present pie as MSIE 6.0?

I am having the same results. Sometimes it wont even open up any web page. It started the moment I did the tweak so I changed it back. Is there any update that we can use to make it work? I really want to use the hack if we can get it to work.
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Guys, I got the betatesters with CDMA phones.
    Thanks!
    Does anyone know of a registry hack that allows alerts to be repeated, other than Reminders? Under Notifications Settings, you can currently only enable "Repeat" for Event type "Reminders." Is there a registry setting for this?
    CREDIT WHERE CREDIT IS DUE: I didn't find this, it's a posting from kapdori here: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=104271

Disable the "ding" sound when initiating a call and ending a call.

Unread Yesterday, 11:43 PM #12
    kapdori

I found the solution. Goto hkey_current_user\controlpanel\soundcategories\incall and change the initvol to 0. do the same for hkey_current_user\controlpanel\soundcategories\incallfeedback.
    Is there a way to change these registry settings through the command line so I can use it in scripts or external hooks from other programs? Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by HobbesIsReal
    I have done this on my PPC and it gave me back 15 mb of memory space! Here are the directions from a 6700 WM05 forum:

EDIT: there have been reports of this hack eventually causing PIE errors after 1-2 weeks on the 6700. This may be a unique problem with the 6700 and/or it's minicard or it maybe a WM05 issue. I have used this hack for a long time on my WM03 device and have never experienced any problems.

If it works on the 700w, then this could save you tons of room.

works great
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Tweaks2K2 version 3.19.0 available only at my site. 4 new hacks have been added. 3 of them relative to phone edition.

http://www.tweaks2k2.com/portal/stat...50224182009983
    Quote Originally Posted by ctitanic
    Tweaks2K2 version 3.19.0 available only at my site. 4 new hacks have been added. 3 of them relative to phone edition.

http://www.tweaks2k2.com/portal/stat...50224182009983
    ctitanic,

do you know if you will be working on a hack to allow any type of notification to be repeated, not just reminders? I really need to be able to allow repeating of text message notifications and don't want to by a 3rd-party app to do so.

Thanks.
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Any kind using a registry key Script, can be change to repeat it.
    Have you tried SPBPocket Plus?
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast