Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by HobbesIsReal
    Here is another one that works on WM05 devices, courtesy of rivaldo at the PPCSG.com forums:
    Anyone have a step-by-step for this hack using TotalCommander? I can't figure out how to add the "Settings" folder to the Inbox
    Quote Originally Posted by Tre-i-e-i-o
    Anyone have a step-by-step for this hack using TotalCommander? I can't figure out how to add the "Settings" folder to the Inbox
    I have no clue how in the world that would be done with total commander. I cant even get into the registry with total commander. But with PHM registry editer its pretty easy http://www.freewareppc.com/utilities...ryeditor.shtml
    Quote Originally Posted by Tem
    I have no clue how in the world that would be done with total commander. I cant even get into the registry with total commander. But with PHM registry editer its pretty easy http://www.freewareppc.com/utilities...ryeditor.shtml
    yeah i just gave up & downloaded phm...thanks!
    Remember not to reset your unit for some time after doing this, it will revert the changes. I waited about a day then reset it to see if the changes stuck, and they did.
  5.    #65  
    Or use a software soft reset utility as that apparently will save the Reg before rebooting it.
    I only waited about 2 min and soft reset...it saved the changes. I just didn't soft reset using the Reg Editor.
    I usually also wait just 2 minuets for the changes to be saved. So far its always worked.
    Great thread. Two questions:

1. Any way to disable the LED on the Treo 700w?

2. Any way to suppress all of the text message boxes related to connecting to EVDO. Like connection failed, disconnected, tried dialing, etc. Can't rememember all of them but they often pop up at annoying times. (Changing the items in the Notifications section of the Sounds Setting applet gets rid of some but not all of these annoying messages.)
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Hi all, here's one I'm wondering about. Is there any way to get rid of that verizon bar across the top of the today screen? Getting rid of it would also mean you have to move that location icon thingy and your bluetooth icon but it frees up a whole row for other information.
    Last edited by tank41; 01/16/2006 at 02:25 PM. Reason: misspelled word
    Which version of which registry editor are you all using? I tried REescoe but got an error about something in the root not being found. I know, I know...though shall not paraphrase error messages. I tried to install PHM .70 and nothing. ActiveSync came up briefly but never a prompt to install software. I soft reset the 700 and checked my laptop and can't find it installed anywhere. Very strange.
    I'm using PHM 0.70 but I'm on a 6700. RegKing, I think is another good free one.
    Is there a hack or config change to stop getting "notifications" for new email messages? Not the sounds or popup, but just the notification at the bottom on the screen that you have to clear. I have all those notifications turned off.

I get emails all the time. I don't need to constantly clear this notification just to see if there is a meaningful notification amongst the bunch.
    When in the camera function over the right hard button is "thumbnails" this button automatically takes me to the "My Pictures" folder on my phone. Is there a way to change this value to go automatically to my storage card?

Thanks for your help
    Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    Is anyone having problems syncing via usb? Is there a hack that could resolve this?
    Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    Is there a hack that could allow you to "tap and drag" to select multiple contacts in the contacts program then send sms or email to those contacts? You can do it in previous PPC versions, but not on the 700W. Any thoughts?
    Hey All -- first post here been lurking since the weekend. (when I purchased my 700w)
    I have applied a few of the hacks here and have to say they are some GREAT suggestions.
    But I am looking for one that might be the "Holy Grail" for improving web browsing.
    Does anyone know what the top and bottom bars are called in the registry?
    i.e. the top 'bar' that has the start icon 1x wireless signal strength.
    and the bottom 'bar' that has messaging and Menu when in the today screen.
    If we could figure out what those are and say decrease them by like 1/3 or even 1/2 you would gain a lot of screen real estate back.

So anyone know where these might be located in the registry?

--r00t
    try the new opera mobile browser, supposed to be MUCH better than IE. supports multiple pages, better viewing, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by race
    try the new opera mobile browser, supposed to be MUCH better than IE. supports multiple pages, better viewing, etc.
    I downloaded it and frankly, it sucks. It is MUCH slower loading pages and I can't figure out how to implement favorites. Plus, if you don't want to buy it, you only get a 45 day trial, and an annoying reminder pops up everytime you launch the app to tell you how long you have left in your trial. I'm going to give it a few more days but so far I really don't like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by race
    Yes but $29 for a mobile browser - even though I am anti IE ...
    I have more need to spend my $$ on some hardware accessories for my 700 first before spending money to replace something that is already on the device.

Sure down the road I'll probably get it - but for now if we could hack those bars the screen space recovered would benefit many features.

--r00t
    You don't need to hack them. just go into full screen mode.
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast