Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Zorn: I did it and it works. Are you on the 700w?
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

I am, and each time I soft reset the device the new registry settings just disappear, and the message sent thing persists.
  3.    #43  
    OH....now I know why. WM05 does new weird things with memory. Certain things it keeps a copy in storage AND a copy in Memory. I am not sure if WM05 does this with the registry for sure or not, but it acts like it does. So.....after you do a registry edit in WM05 and it directs you to do a soft reset, then wait a minute or two before reseting it so it has time to do whatever it does (sync RAM and storage????).

Whatever the reason this seems to work.
    Any way to adjust the storage/program memory setting? There's a slider in WM2003 but not in WM2005 on the Palm 700w. I have a 1GB SD card I use for storage and need to reallocate the 40 MB of onboard storage memory as program memory.
  5.    #45  
    To the best of my knowledge...which I could easily be wrong....this is one of the major changes with WM05. WM05 seperates the memories now. Unless (or until) someone comes out with a new utility that will not be possible. To better understand how WM03 and WM05 memories work, here is a pretty good overview:

http://www.pocketpcfaq.com/faqs/5.0/...management.htm
    In WM5 registry changes do not get committed to storage till after a while. This is keep devices from getting even more sluggish. If you soft reset using the reset button it does not commit recent changes at all. If you reset using the various reset utilities however it will commit your changes to storage. In short, if you reset using the reset button you will keep seeing your changes being undone.

Surur
    Don't know if this falls under the hack category - any way to automatically send an email without hitting send/receive? (IMAP)

On the Sprint 6700 emails sent in the exchange mail would send right away.

Also, has anyone succesfully hacked to keep the data connection on all the time? Any problems? Is VZW going to get upset at this?

Thanks Hobbes for all the hacks!
  8.    #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by surur
    In WM5 registry changes do not get committed to storage till after a while. This is keep devices from getting even more sluggish. If you soft reset using the reset button it does not commit recent changes at all. If you reset using the various reset utilities however it will commit your changes to storage. In short, if you reset using the reset button you will keep seeing your changes being undone.

Surur
    Thanks Suru...I added that to the original post.
    Last edited by HobbesIsReal; 01/10/2006 at 08:45 PM.
    Does anyone know how to disable the 'wireless sync' icon that takes up 1/3 of an inch on the bottom of the today screen. It is a shame to waste that whole line for a little logo that I have no use for, and it is the only program that I have that does not allow you toggle that icon on or off. Thanks in advance!!!
  10.    #50  
    Try going to Menu>Setting>Personal>Today>Items ....Then you will see a check list of everything you can check or uncheck to show on your Today screen. If you see it there, uncheck it and problem solved.
    WS won't be there. Once it is installed, you have to make it stop starting up after a reset. Under WM2003, "SyncClient" resided in \Windows\Startup but in WM5, I can't find it. I've been able to kill it with HandySwitcher though.
    Thanks for replying about the wireless sync icon. I don't want to kill the program though, as I need it running to get my email. I just wish to revove the icon. It will be located in some folder, but which one? A reg hack should work, but I can't find the logo...
  13.    #53  
    You checked the Today screen Items tab? Usually anything displayed on the today screen is located there for you organize and customize your today screen how you want it. I don't have a 700w device to confirm this, so I just wanted to make sure.
    Yes, I did. That tab does not allow any mods to the top or bottom info bars :-(
  15.    #55  
    Oh, it is one the info bars....you said the today screen. That would be a 700w specific reg hack.....if possible via the reg. I could probably figure it out, but I don't have one. Anyone else want to take a crack at this?
    WirelessJ - you were right in your first post. This requires a hack of some kind. WS does not show up in any of the Today screen options.
    Quote Originally Posted by akacaj
    Yes no need for a registry hack for that one. It is a notification that you can change.

In Settings > Sounds and Notifications > Notifications (Tab)

Event: Connection Established
    Disable checkbox to display message on screen.
    Thanks, it was very annoying for me as well.
    Brian McGuire
    .../600/650/8700c/700w/Moto Q/700p/Nokia E62/700wx/8525/750c/BB Pearl/Blackjack/BB 8800/BB Curve & HTC Vox S710 >>iPhone
    Hobbes, Happy 2000th post

Thanks for the flight mode reg edit

Quote Originally Posted by JesseNYC
    Wow, this thread is great. Thanks to HobbesISReal and all other contributors. I am still trying to figure out the reg entry (if there is one) to remove/reduce the previously called contact when the phone/send button is pressed. If you have any thoughts, I'd greatly appreciate hearing them.
    Ow I wish I wish I could do this. I looked all over the registry and could not find it.

Quote Originally Posted by HobbesIsReal
    Here is a follow up the Flight Mode post above:

You could also use this to Mute it, if you assigned to a silent sound file.
    You could also go HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\PhoneExtendFunction\CDMA\FilghtModeOnOff\EnableSound

Change from 1 to 0

Just a guess

Hey check it out

The PIE to IE 6 hack works great. Thanks for the confirmation gif WirelessJ
    Last edited by jamespaulritter; 01/11/2006 at 01:41 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by HobbesIsReal
    I have done this on my PPC and it gave me back 15 mb of memory space! Here are the directions from a 6700 WM05 forum:

EDIT: there have been reports of this hack eventually causing PIE errors after 1-2 weeks on the 6700. This may be a unique problem with the 6700 and/or it's minicard or it maybe a WM05 issue. I have used this hack for a long time on my WM03 device and have never experienced any problems.

If it works on the 700w, then this could save you tons of room.
    Was the memory that was freed up in STORAGE (ROM) or PROGRAM (RAM)? TIA.
  20.    #60  
    In WM03 it could be either....due to the sliding memory management. In WM05, which I do not have yet, it should clear up ROM. I don't know how WM05 handles PIE cache, so it may copy cache to RAM no matter where it is stores as they are now seperate.
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast