Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
  1.    #21  
    PIE: Remove Default Bookmarks
    [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\FavoritesEntries] Each sub key contains a url and icon information. To remove a bookmark, delete the corresponding key.
  2.    #22  
    I love this one and use it myself!

SIP: Suggest More Words
    [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Sip] DWORD Name: SuggWords Value: (Choose your preferred number of suggested words - See below) Default value is 4. You may choose 0 to 6.
  3.    #23  
    Again.....another one to save more room in your main memory.

Move "My Documents" to a SD Storage Card
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows CE Services]
    Mofify\Create the following:
    String Bane: FileSyncPath Value: \SD Card\My Documents
    Simply create a root folder on your storage card named: My Documents.

EDIT: I forgot to note on this one that you will need to do a search for "My Documents" in the Reg and change all of them to say "\Storage Card\My Documents\" followed by whatever subdirectory if already listed.
    Last edited by HobbesIsReal; 04/04/2006 at 03:16 PM.
  4.    #24  
    Change the Softkey Buttons (WM5)
    Create the following keys and Strings in the registry:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Today\Keys\112
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Today\Keys\113
    112 is the left key and 113 is the right. Now for each key create a new string named Open and set the target path.
  5.    #25  
    AM or PM displayed on Titlebar Clock
    Registry Edit
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\nls\overrides]

Create String: S1159
    Value = Am

Create String: S2359
    Value = Pm

Create String: STFmt
    Value = h:mm tM

Soft reset * All characters are case sensitive and must be entered as stated above.
  6.    #26  
    Change Start Menu Color
    The registry Binary Value key that controls the font color on the start menu is HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Color\39 and value for black is 00 00 00 00. Here are values for other colors: black = 00 00 00 00 red = FF 00 00 00 green = 00 FF 00 00 yellow = FF FF 00 00 blue = 00 00 FF 00 purple = FF 00 FF 00 White = FF FF FF 00
  7.    #27  
    The Pocket PC display the time in the title bar, the user can select Analog or Digital using tap&hold on the time. But some people also want the date to be easily available, this was actually available on Palm-size PC devices. Fortunately there is a tweak to display both the date and time instead of time only in the Pocket PC title bar :

Browse to
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shell\
    Create a binary value named "TBOpt" and set its value to "13 00 00 00".
    Save any unsaved document and reset your Pocket PC.
  8.    #28  
    This maybe a VERY important one to help manage memory issues and increase the amount of available RAM:

Customize startup programs
    In this registry key you can find all the items that appear in the 'New' menu on the Today screen:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shell\Extensions\NewMenu

These are the programs that automatically start when performing a soft reset:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shell\Start Items
  9.    #29  
    Is this one avialable on on the 700w? I know HTC makes it. If someone could check this out for me, I will post other HTC specific photo hacks that might help out:

To enable Editor options: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\ SOFTWARE\HTC\Album\ DisableEditor] "Disable" -> Set 0 to Enable and 1 to Disable
    Hobbes,

Do you know of any hack that would allow me to hide the softkey buttons? I find between the softkeys and the top bar, it leaves little room to show info.
  11.    #31  
    I don't have a WM05 device myself, or else I could probably figure it out myself. I haven't seen any posted yet, but I will keep an eye out for one.

Sorry I can't help out anymore.
  12.    #32  
    Just to re-enforce the two main guidlines of this thread and their importance...... 1) to have fun with this 2) To always have a current backup......here is an older post I think would be good to share here:

Quote Originally Posted by HobbesIsReal
    Just an example of why it is important to backup before playing with the registry.....my previous phone was defective...only in the fact that the keyboard lights are connected to the screen light. If the screen comes on, the keybaord lights come one. Only when the screen the light goes off, does my keyboard light go off. This is not a major issue, but could be fatal on a long day on the road when I really need that last hour of battery before getting back to the hotel.

I was just too lazy to return it this week, So I was playing in the registry to see if I could find a fix. Turning off the Keyboard lights did not work. Putting the keyboard light timer to 1 second did not work. so I started to try some other things....and killed all data entry with the phone, physical keyboard, software keyboard, graffiti, all of it. So I had no way of changing the registry back to enable them all again.

So I just restored from last nights Sprite .exe backup file and back in business.

Moral of the story......have fun with the registry and with the hacks in this thread....but be prepared if you screw it up!
    Last edited by HobbesIsReal; 01/10/2006 at 06:27 PM.
    is there anyway to take away the window that pops up saying dialing #777 on the 700w

it is extremely annoying. Thanks
  14.    #34  
    I believe there is, but I will have to dig it up again.....I actually used the hack to add the time I am connected with the Disconnect button added to the pop up window.
    Quote Originally Posted by HobbesIsReal
    Here is another one that works on WM05 devices, courtesy of rivaldo at the PPCSG.com forums:
    This one just doesn't work for me. I try it over and over, and after I soft reset, those keys just disappear and it keeps doing the message sent thing. Any ideas?
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    This is a great thread. Thanks for doing this!!! Hopefully it will become a Sticky.

Frank
    Quote Originally Posted by Olseman
    is there anyway to take away the window that pops up saying dialing #777 on the 700w

it is extremely annoying. Thanks
    Yes no need for a registry hack for that one. It is a notification that you can change.

In Settings > Sounds and Notifications > Notifications (Tab)

Event: Connection Established
    Disable checkbox to display message on screen.
  18.    #38  
    Thanks. That is new in WM05....in WM03 you need to get into the Reg to do that!
    Wow, this thread is great. Thanks to HobbesISReal and all other contributors. I am still trying to figure out the reg entry (if there is one) to remove/reduce the previously called contact when the phone/send button is pressed. If you have any thoughts, I'd greatly appreciate hearing them.
    Has anyone else had success doing the hack to make the Message Sent thingie go away? I just can't make it work no matter what I do, and I would love to get rid of it.
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast