Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 278910111213 LastLast
    Global Posts
    176 Global Posts
    wow, this is becoming the Piing contest of phones. Please people can't we all just get along?
    I own a Treo 750, have owned a Treo 680, 650, 600, blah blah, and have loved them all. And the iPhone or whatever it's going to be called after the Cisco Lawsuit is settled, is just as good of a phone, and who the heck knows, maybe it's better maybe it's not. Geez, it's obvious some of you have never owned an iPOD or a MAC, and some of you just don't get out, or get it. Just chill out, they are just phones with awesome features.
    This reminds me of a typical movie where the guy and the girl hate each other and say nasty things to each other and at the end they turn out to just have been in love all along
  2. PPI
    Quote Originally Posted by lowspeed View Post
    Anyone found a solution for this ?

It is the most annoying notification ever. (espacially when you have programs like IM+ try to reconnect multiple times)
    That is my biggest petpeve with this phone. The popup and and the im+ reconnect popup.
    any idea how to change the scroll bar colors? My today screen is nice and dark blue/back theme and my scroll bar, though its now skinny and small thanks to this thread, are still annoyingly stock!
    Quote Originally Posted by turbo4door View Post
    any idea how to change the scroll bar colors? My today screen is nice and dark blue/back theme and my scroll bar, though its now skinny and small thanks to this thread, are still annoyingly stock!
    UITweaker maybe?
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HobbesIsReal View Post
    This works on both various WM03 and WM05 devices to turn off the blinking led lights:

Hkey_Local_Machine/Drivers/Builtin/AllLEDMgr

Change the Index value from 1 to 0

Soft reset if needed

cant get to work for me cant find ( AllLedMgr ) I have The 700w
  6.    #226  
    This setting can very much be manufacture based if they even include it or not and/or if they modified it or or not. Palm did extensive modifications to the OS for the Treo. I do not have a Treo to find where they might of have put this setting or how they might have named a comparable setting in the reg.
    Is the PM free program compitable with tres750? thanks!
    Hi all,

I want to disable the silly sounds my 700 makes when I open the Start Menu, open Programs, etc... If this is available somewhere in the software could somebody please point it out because I've searched everywhere for it.

Otherwise, I gotta believe theres a registry key for it that I would be thrilled to discover and change myself if somebody could just point me to it.

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by jrobison View Post
    Hi all,

I want to disable the silly sounds my 700 makes when I open the Start Menu, open Programs, etc... If this is available somewhere in the software could somebody please point it out because I've searched everywhere for it.

Otherwise, I gotta believe theres a registry key for it that I would be thrilled to discover and change myself if somebody could just point me to it.

Thanks!
    I know how you feel. Those are $^&*$@ annoying! The only way I have been able to remove them is by going to Sounds tab in Sounds and Notifications and then unchecking Events. But I hope someone does come up with a reg hack for just the Start Menu stuff, since I rather have Events enabled.
    Quote Originally Posted by crazie.eddie View Post
    I know how you feel. Those are $^&*$@ annoying! The only way I have been able to remove them is by going to Sounds tab in Sounds and Notifications and then unchecking Events. But I hope someone does come up with a reg hack for just the Start Menu stuff, since I rather have Events enabled.
    I an efficient way to get rid of one particular sound is to identify and then create a silent file of the same name and replace it. This worked well for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by westronic View Post
    I an efficient way to get rid of one particular sound is to identify and then create a silent file of the same name and replace it. This worked well for me.
    Good idea. I found the 2 culprits:

Open menupop.wav
    Close hwandsw.wav

Unfortunately, I couldn't find them in the registry, so I did as you suggested and it worked. For those too lazy to create their own wave files with no sound, I created a zip file with it. Just replace the 2 included sound files with those found in the \Windows folder. Click yes when prompted to overwrite. I also included the original sound files, in case you want to replace them back.

Otherwise, to create your own wave file with no sound, just open up Sound Recorder, then click File, Save.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Quote Originally Posted by crazie.eddie View Post
    Good idea. I found the 2 culprits:

Open menupop.wav
    Close hwandsw.wav

Unfortunately, I couldn't find them in the registry, so I did as you suggested and it worked. For those too lazy to create their own wave files with no sound, I created a zip file with it. Just replace the 2 included sound files with those found in the \Windows folder. Click yes when prompted to overwrite. I also included the original sound files, in case you want to replace them back.

Otherwise, to create your own wave file with no sound, just open up Sound Recorder, then click File, Save.
    Thanks,

Just installed it and thats solved a little pet hate of mine. And you even copied the orginal files!
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
    That's a good little work around. I like it. I've gotta, however, that it must exist somewhere. There must be a registry value that is just begging to be set to zero. What an annoying "feature"!
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    The Pocket PC display the time in the title bar, the user can select Analog or Digital using tap&hold on the time. But some people also want the date to be easily available, this was actually available on Palm-size PC devices. Fortunately there is a tweak to display both the date and time instead of time only in the Pocket PC title bar :

Browse to
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shell\
    Create a binary value named "TBOpt" and set its value to "13 00 00 00".
    Save any unsaved document and reset your Pocket PC.
    this worked on my 700w but for some reason it doesnt show the year, it stops at 4/14/0
    Quote Originally Posted by vinceboii View Post
    this worked on my 700w but for some reason it doesnt show the year, it stops at 4/14/0
    do a search for a program / reg script called "datetime2"
    you simply click on it/import it and it does all the work. it adds the 2nd digit of the year and an ampm to the time. It solves the problem you have.
    Palm Pilot>Palm III>Palm Color>Palm m505>Palm T5>Treo700w>vzw Treo700wx>Maybe the next gen iPhone next.
    I am trying to do the voice commands for web sites trick posted here, but it does not work. It tells me there is no application associated with the file. I get the same message if I click on an internet shortcut in the Favorites folder.

I think this is because there is no file type associated with the url filetype in my registry. Unfortunately, since these are shortcuts, I cannot simply add the appropriate shell|open|command in the registry pointing at iexplore.exe (I've tried and it starts IE, but generates an error that the file/url is off the wrong type). The actual code on an XP box is rundll32.exe showdocvw.dll,OpenURL %l, but there is no "showdocvw.dll" in Windows Mobile 6 that I can find... :-(

Can someone for whom this does work and who has a regeditor let me know what the links for HKCR\.url points to (e.g., "urlfile") and then, in turn, what that (e.g., "urlfile") points to under Shell | Open | Command? I would greatly appreciate it....

Thanks,

Rich DeJordy
    Somewhat torn about upgrading to WM6 from WM5.... :-(
    I've been combing the thread for a hack to enable drag for PIE on the main screen like Opera Mobile but I couldn't find one. I swore I saw one on here or perhaps on another board. If anyone happens to know of it please point me in the right direction.

I'm also looking for a possible reg edit/hack to add on the navigation bar to the top of PIE again just like Opera Mobile. I like Opera but it tends to load things slower than PIE so I tend to switch back and forth from them.

-K
    This works on both various WM03 and WM05 devices to turn off the blinking led lights:

Hkey_Local_Machine/Drivers/Builtin/AllLEDMgr

Change the Index value from 1 to 0

Soft reset if needed
    I can get to the Builtin files but there is no AllLedMgr file. Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong? Thank you in advancded.
    I read through this thread and could not find this:

Is there a way to disable the notification that pops up when you make a phone call that says "unable to connect".
    I found a Hack for the battery notification that would allow you to change the battery percentage level that it would notify you at and also allow you to change the message. However, I had to do a hard reset to the phone and I would like to go back in and edit this information, but i have forgotten where it was located at. Anyone know where it is located at?
    I have Checked:
    Hkey_current_user/controlpanel/notifications
    That's where I thought it use to be, but It isn't there.

Help....anyone?
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 278910111213 LastLast