Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BrotherNov View Post
    Since I (and millions of other folks) live in an area without EVDO and without any plan to ever have it, I have to manually sync email and then manually turn off the data connection since it blocks incoming phone calls. If there was a hack out there to turn of the data connection after a sync, we could at least set it up to check email on some sort of schedule. Can a hack be built to do this? Any chance I'm just an ***** and theres already a checkbox or something that does this?
    I don't have EVDO where I live either, and I thought that having the data connection on like that would block my incoming calls too, but you don't actually have to manually disconnect. After something like 5 seconds of network inactivity the connection will become dormant (those little arrows in the top bar of the screen will go from white to grey). Even though it is still "connected" there isn't any activity, and the phone will work like normal. Right now I have my phone to check for new email every 60 minutes, and so if I get a call during the 30 seconds or so it takes to connect, download the emails, and disconnect, then it will go straight to voicemail, but the phone seems to be pretty efficient in managing when it is and isn't using the active connection, and I haven't had a need to manually disconnect it myself.
    Thanks, I'll try scheduled syncing again and test it with a landline. I suspect part of my problem is that frequently I need to do a soft reset before and after the sync to ensure that the sync works and then the phone works after the sync. It took me quite a while to get comfortable that I had my 650 working right, I'm sure I'll go through the same process with the 700wx.
    First off, AWESOME thread, great tips.

Three things I'm looking for:

One, when my wireless sync initiates it automatically takes me to it's screen. Anyone have a clue how to get it to run in the background instead?

Two, in the buttons settings you have the option to set the hard buttons to different things than default, but button 1 "Windows" and button 2 "OK" both do not have the 'press and hold' option, and button 3 "camera" does not have just the 'press' option. Does anyone know how to enable these buttons to have more functionality?

Third, there is a setting to change the orientation of the screen but when powered off (standby) then turned back on, it reorients to the orgional position. Any clue how to change this to stay?

Thanks!

Thanks again!
    Quote Originally Posted by buddjl View Post
    One, when my wireless sync initiates it automatically takes me to it's screen. Anyone have a clue how to get it to run in the background instead?
    What is "it's screen"? You mean when you have Exchange sync the AS program comes on? That shouldn't happen.
    Two, in the buttons settings you have the option to set the hard buttons to different things than default, but button 1 "Windows" and button 2 "OK" both do not have the 'press and hold' option, and button 3 "camera" does not have just the 'press' option. Does anyone know how to enable these buttons to have more functionality?
    Same as on any WM5 device: just use AE Button Plus.
    Third, there is a setting to change the orientation of the screen but when powered off (standby) then turned back on, it reorients to the orgional position. Any clue how to change this to stay?

Thanks!

Thanks again!
    once again, just use AE Button Plus. It has a screen rotate option that will keep even after a power off (but not a soft reset).

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    What is "it's screen"? You mean when you have Exchange sync the AS program comes on? That shouldn't happen.

Same as on any WM5 device: just use AE Button Plus.

once again, just use AE Button Plus. It has a screen rotate option that will keep even after a power off (but not a soft reset).
    Verizon Wireless Sync's Main Screen is what opens when it syncs. It might be only when I click Sync and not when it does it automatically but I haven't had time to check that.

Thanks for the heads up on AE Button Plus, I haven't heard of that one yet.
    Verizon Wireless Sync's Main Screen is what opens when it syncs. It might be only when I click Sync and not when it does it automatically but I haven't had time to check that.

Thanks for the heads up on AE Button Plus, I haven't heard of that one yet.
    Ah. Well I can't speak of Verizon's sync but I'd bet you wouldn't see it when it does it's thing.

AEB+ is an amazing app (only $7.99 too). It's more than a button/launcher too--has lots of built in functions.

The reg hack regarding changing the title and application of the WM 5.0 softkeys does not seem to work quite right on the 700w.

If I change to right softkey (key=113), it appears to begin using the hack after a reset, but then the normal "Menu" default quickly overrides whatever I set.

For the left softkey (key=112), behavior is different. It will save my setings, but instead of replacing "Messaging" with my selections, it adds my application as a menu choice above the "Messaging", which is still there.

I tried looking through the registry for entries that might control this overriding behavior on the Treo 700w (I assume the 700 wx is the same), which is apparently not present in other WM 5.0 devices.

Any ideas?
    Daniel Levin
    levinda13@sbcglobal.net
    Quote Originally Posted by levinda View Post

Any ideas?
    Yeah, it's related to the Palm .dll files that "mask" the soft keys. They need to be hacked directly, which may or may not be easy (it is certainly not obvious). They cannot be disabled directly as they are tied into the rest of the Palm Phone apps.

it's on the list of "to dos" for Treo hacks.

Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    Anyone know of a hack to change the default setting for the "folder" or "type" of attachment when attaching files through Outlook mail?

When you hit "insert file" to email, it takes a long time to draw up a list because the paramaters are so large. The default now is "all files" in "all folders." Sometimes it takes up to a minute for it to load it all.

Any way to change it to specify which folder we want as default, or a specific default file type?

Thanks Alot,
    you dislike cracks, yet you praise hacks? is this an oximoron?
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HobbesIsReal View Post
    This works on WM03 devices and have heard from friends that it works on their WM05 devices:

You can change the memory used to cache fonts glyphs, this allow you to use more memory to speed up the display.

Browse to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\GDI\GLYPHCACHE\
    You can change the "limit" value :

4096 : this will slow down the display, but use less memory (default setting on Palm-size PC)
    8192 : this is the default value on Pocket PC, average memory/performances
    16384 : this will speed up the display, but use more memory, twice the default Pocket PC value

Ok, I checked my settings (WX) and my default is 16384 so I didn't change anything. I would like to speed up my display. Actually, my real question is when I activate some programs (ie: mvoice) it takes 5 sec. or longer. Any ideas?
    Can anyone help me with a scroll bar issue on a treo 700 wx? I changed some of the settings in the registry to make my scroll bars a little bit thinner and now I have a scroll bar on the Today Screen. I cannot find which registry setting to change this. Does anyone know? Please help if you can.

Thank you
    The Today screen will automatically have a scrollbar if your Today plugins take up too much space. I had this issue with Pocket Breeze until I changed its settings to take up less room.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Quote Originally Posted by COPPERLAB View Post
    When in the camera function over the right hard button is "thumbnails" this button automatically takes me to the "My Pictures" folder on my phone. Is there a way to change this value to go automatically to my storage card?

Thanks for your help
    This one would be very helpful. Has anybody figured this one out?
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Is there any way to get the answer key on the touchscreen to be disabled when incoming calls are received?
    how do I Disable the Touchscreen call answer function?

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=131454
    I saw all the hacks and fixes about IE and the one for re-doing bookmarks is there a hack or fix for moving the favorites folder to sd card and have it still function properly.
    Can someone tell me how to delete sounds like bach sonata or bach partita or any songs in wm5. I don't care for such files that I don't use.
  18.    #218  
    You should find them in the Rings folder under Windows.
    Ok, so I have the 700w. I love it! One big problem though, my MMS size is limited for video, sound, and pic. This really ticks me off. I used to have the XV6700 and I could send anything 350Kb or less. Now I can only send 195Kb for video, pic, or sound. It's really annoying! Does anyone know of a hack or anything so that I can send MMS no matter what size the content is? I would really appreciate any help. Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by olympus1 View Post
    When you have a POP3 email account set to check mail every 10 minutes or so, if you are on a call during that timeframe you get an annoying pop-up saying "cannot connect"- is a registry hack or a setting perhaps I overlooked. I unerstand you cant coonect during the call, I just dont want the pop up

Anyone found a solution for this ?

It is the most annoying notification ever. (espacially when you have programs like IM+ try to reconnect multiple times)
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast