1.    #1  
    I switched from my 650 to the i730 and I am so used to WM now that I really like it. Am I going to miss the fine screen or anything else on the i730 to go to with the 700w?
    Any comments from anyone that came from the i730?

Thanks.......JD
    The screen isn't as nice as the 650 or the i730, but it really is better than I thought it would be. It's not as 'jaggy' as the 600 was. It is bright and shows text and pictures quite well. I'm very happy with it.
    Is it true the i730 has a VGA screen? If so, the 700w is a couple steps down screen-wise.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Global Posts
    879 Global Posts
    The i730 is 240x320
    Thanks Gex! For some reason on Handango it was listed as a VGA screen device under someone's "Themes".
    Last edited by The Phone Diva; 01/06/2006 at 04:16 AM.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  6.    #6  
    Is there anything the i730 does that I won't get with the 700w? Just wondering what I am going to miss, if anything.
    Built-in wi-fi(i730) as compared to wi-fi card support(700w). But the i730 uses WM2003, 700w uses WM5 so there are updated software features. The 700w also has a 1.3MP camera if you need that. Are these things enough to get you to move to the 700w though, you have to ask yourself.

8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Treo
    Built-in wi-fi(i730) as compared to wi-fi card support(700w). But the i730 uses WM2003, 700w uses WM5 so there are updated software features. The 700w also has a 1.3MP camera if you need that. Are these things enough to get you to move to the 700w though, you have to ask yourself.
    Well there is an upgrade coming out soon to WM5 for the i730. And to tell you the truth I have never used wi-fi yet anyway so that is not a big deal. I really miss a camera feature on the i730 though. I like seeing who is calling...:-) I like the bigger screen on the i730 but just don't like the form factor. Too big with the extended battery. I miss the form factor of my old 650 but I don't really miss POS. We are on an exchange server here at work and I love the seamless mail/calendar intergration with outlook. With wireless sync, I never have to dock the thing other than to charge it. I hope the 700w works as well as my i730.

Thanks.........JD
    Global Posts
    879 Global Posts
    i730 has a much faster processor: 520MHz (same model processor I think...just faster)
    The I730 battery sucks, the Treo 700 battery is great
    The I730 keyboard is useless i often ended up using the on-screen keyboard, the treo 700 keyboard is great.
    The I730 is not yet on WM5
    The I730 Screen res is 240x320 the treo is 240x240 so only the vertical size is different. Some applications like Solitaire are not good with the short screen.
    The I730 interface sucks, you have to go through several steps to dial a number out of your contacts, you then have to go through several steps if you need to push dtmf tones just to get the phone pad screen. The treo has an easy intuitive interface that even the average joe can use.

The I730 does have a faster processor and more memory for programs to run on. But i havent had any problems with it yet. You do feel the speed decrease when switching from a I730 to a Treo 700 but unless you are using a gps device or watching video i dont think it would be a big problem.

I am going to keep both until samsung releases WM5 for the 730 after that one of them is going on ebay either the treo or the samsung.
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    I have an i730 and I switched back to a treo -------> 600. WM03 was that bad. I hope WM5 is better.

There are a lot of people who love the i730. Lots also who don't.

http://www.pdaphonehome.com/forums/s...threadid=62311