1.    #1  
    I was wondering if it is possible to Sync up with a Lotus Notes email Client? When you install the Sync software, it only gives the option with Microsoft Outlook 2002.
    I'm planning to continue syncing using either WirelessSync and SEVEN beta:
    http://www.seven.com/beta

I'm fairly certain the former will work (and will continue to trash email and calendar events) and hopefully SEVEN will work too. If the SEVEN client doesn't work yet, I can get to notes from their website and it is better than the Intellisync website.
    The sync software provided with the 700W Allows me to perform a wireless sync with notes. I believe its actually intellisync SW behind the scenes.
    Yes it works perfectly with Lotus Notes
    There's also mNotes from CommonTime. Lots of good reviews on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by olympus1
    Yes it works perfectly with Lotus Notes
    1)Are you syncing with notes through a corporate server edition or as an individual user?
    2) Are you using the webmail to sync?
    3) Do you also get your appts and contacts pushed wirelessly?

Which software are you using

many thanks!
    I also sync using the WirelessSync client with our Lotus Notes servers at work. Basically just installed the software from the VZW site onto my work machine and setup to monitor an individual user. When I go home in the evening, I just lock my machine and the e-mails are still sent to my Treo. I love it!! My boss complains that he doesn't know when I'm in the office cause I keep up with everything even on my days off. Now of course he is looking at getting a Treo and wants me to hook him up.
    WS was working on my Treo as well. It continued to molest mail items resulting in "intentional tampering may have occurred" messages. Intellisync hasn't fixed that yet.

I swapped out my device (Storage Card recognition problem confirmed by Palm) and decided to just use SEVEN for a while. I prefer SEVEN operationally (no molestation occurs) but they have their own calendar database so I'm unable to see the entire day's schedule on the Today screen. The memory drain with SEVEN is not as bad as WS but is still there.

There is no perfect solution for Notes.
    Global Posts
    125 Global Posts
    There are several oiptions, most of which are already mentioned:
    1) Intellisync (but there are some gothchas. Doesn't work with all Notes versions, no wireless option)
    2) Easysynch (Expensive, no wireless option)
    3) Seven - has some great features, but (it's been a year since I beta'd on a Palm) it doesn't support native Palm databases. It's 'self encapsolated'. Wireless only
    4) Cadenza mNotes - Wireless, wired, ... synch. Supports native Palm databases. Some people have had problems with a memory leak that causes you to reset once a day or so
    5) ianywhere Pylon Anywhere - Like Cadenza supports desktop and wireless synch. Requires server for wireless (no Business Connect option to external server like Seven, you have to set up your own server, which could be your computer) Supports native Palm databases.
    Quote Originally Posted by jimn367
    1) Intellisync (but there are some gothchas. Doesn't work with all Notes versions, no wireless option)
    Wireless Intellisync=Verizon Wireless Sync
    Quote Originally Posted by jimn367
    3) Seven - has some great features, but (it's been a year since I beta'd on a Palm) it doesn't support native Palm databases. It's 'self encapsolated'. Wireless only
    4) Cadenza mNotes - Wireless, wired, ... synch. Supports native Palm databases. Some people have had problems with a memory leak that causes you to reset once a day or so
    5) ianywhere Pylon Anywhere - Like Cadenza supports desktop and wireless synch. Requires server for wireless (no Business Connect option to external server like Seven, you have to set up your own server, which could be your computer) Supports native Palm databases.
    This is a Treo 700w thread. We don't care about native Palm databases on these devices. Maybe you meant to say "Pocket Outlook" databases.
    Quote Originally Posted by gpstoloff
    There's also mNotes from CommonTime. Lots of good reviews on it.
    Hi. I am in the research phase of purchasing a Palm Treo 700W. My only obstacle is how it sync's with Notes Calendar, which is more important to me than my email. I have heard about mNotes before and I wanted to read some threads and find out how people have been syncing their Notes Calendar with a Treo/Windows Mobile device. In all the replies I have read, I can't determine if anyone here syncs their calendar with Notes on their 700w. If you do sync the calendar can you let me know what software you use, and if it is any good. I really want this phone but it makes no sense to have it if I can't get the primary use out of it which is my scheduling/calendar for work.

I am also a bit confused because some replies said that syncing with Notes is standard with the phone? (intellisync software) Does this mean that if I view my schedule from my phone I am viewing it through Microsoft Outlook? If I make a change to my schedule then I am making a change to Outlook and through the sync device it is putting the information into my Notes Calendar?

Wow, sorry for all the questions but I am confused and don't want to ask someone at the Verizon store 'cause they will just "yes" me until I buy the phone.

So, thanks for all the help on this - any info you can give me will be greatly appreciated!!

--byt0r (& the snow dog)
    Global Posts
    125 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Beryl
    Wireless Intellisync=Verizon Wireless Sync
    I didn't know that.

I knew you could 'wireless synch' by doing an activesync OTA, which is slow and in my case would require a VPN and secureID everytime.

Quote Originally Posted by Beryl
    We don't care about native Palm databases on these devices. Maybe you meant to say "Pocket Outlook" databases.
    But someone else might if they are searching the forums. Actually I just saw Lotus Notes and forgot where I was at...

The memory leak I was referring to was mNotes on PPCs doing desktop syncs.

I believe all of these solutions synch with the native PIM databases on PPC devices. At least when I was playing with them on my PPC phone they did.

I only highlighted this because SEVEN is a 'stand-alone' on Palm devices. While it offers a well integrated experience, it limits use of the standard PIM applications.
    Global Posts
    125 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by byt0r
    I am also a bit confused because some replies said that syncing with Notes is standard with the phone? (intellisync software) Does this mean that if I view my schedule from my phone I am viewing it through Microsoft Outlook?
    While viewing on your phone you are viewing your calendar on Pocket Outlook (unless you choose to use Agendus or Pocket Informant,...)

NOW not wanting to really confuse you, if you have MS Office 2k3 or better you can download a Lotus Notes connector from Microsoft and then you can use Outlook on your desktop as well. It will connect to the Domino server using the Notes application.

Quote Originally Posted by byt0r
    If I make a change to my schedule then I am making a change to Outlook and through the sync device it is putting the information into my Notes Calendar?
    Yes, but that will depend on your synchronization settings. I believe some of the options mentioned allow you to tailor what gets sync'd. You can choose to only sync new mail,...