Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I know it might be a little early on this, but I would be very interested in a comparison to the 700w's stability as compared to the 650. ( resets..freezes...etc )
    I just bought mine today, and after going through all the setups, it seems to be working just fine. I have not run into any of the problems that plagued the 650.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    lots of messing around and no resets or issues for me.
    same here.....so far its been flawless...posting on my treo 700w
    Ditto for me. It's nothing like the reset bugs of the 650 I experienced.
    mine seems to be running great now but i still don't get the memory i have loaded one program and have like 9mb left but 52.19 of storage does this mean you can have just a few programs
    Storage is the space where all your data and programs go. This is non-volatile memory just like an SD card; no battery and your data remains. However just like your PC, the smartphone has DRAM to execute programs. When you run a program it gets copied into protected memory (DRAM) and executes there. Again, just like a PC, the OS loooks after managing this DRAM memory space and you have no access to it.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    The only issue I've had is a few time I couldn't turn on the Treo 700 even though green phone light is still blinking. I had to do a soft reset. This also happened infrequently with my Treo 650.
    Two things bugged me about the 650.

One: Calls would go straight to voice mail for no paticular reason every once in awhile.
    Two: Phone would soft reset just.... because...

Haven't seen either one of these behaviours yet.
    ditto for me. ROCK SOLID is the only way I can describe it so far. Night and day from the 650
    "The only issue I've had is a few time I couldn't turn on the Treo 700 even though green phone light is still blinking. I had to do a soft reset. This also happened infrequently with my Treo 650."

I had the same experience this morning of not being able to turn on the unit until doing a soft reset. Other than that, this thing is FAST. Getting used to the new interface...so far I really like it. Not nearly as Buggy as the 650 which I promptly sold and went back to the rock-solid 600.
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    I had the same problem on my Samsung SCH 730, just pop out the SD card and the phone will turn on right away. Some cards freeze up the phones working windows. I switched to a SD Ultra and have not had the problem since. I am still awating the FED EX truck for my 700W, but this trick always worked for my Samsung...
    Quote Originally Posted by finadvsr
    "The only issue I've had is a few time I couldn't turn on the Treo 700 even though green phone light is still blinking. I had to do a soft reset. This also happened infrequently with my Treo 650."

I had the same experience this morning of not being able to turn on the unit until doing a soft reset. Other than that, this thing is FAST. Getting used to the new interface...so far I really like it. Not nearly as Buggy as the 650 which I promptly sold and went back to the rock-solid 600.
    Ditto on the locking up. Needed a soft rest to get it going again. Oddly enough, it was fine, on the charger when I last left it last night. This morning it was locked up and needed a rest.

Meat
    i have just charged mine all night and it would not power on today either soft reset fixed it
    Quote Originally Posted by xxfatalxx
    i have just charged mine all night and it would not power on today either soft reset fixed it

Me too.
    I'm sorry, but this is too funny. Load 15 or 20 programs and a couple of thousand contacts into the device, use it for a month, and THEN tell us how stable it is.

Note, I'm not saying it WILL be buggy, just that a day or two of use, probably with only the built in apps, is nowhere near enough information to make any judgements about it's stability.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    True....however some of us had soft reset issues with the 650 the moment it came out of the box....talk about lauphing out loud
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    So far out of 13 responses 6 have rock solid device and 7 have had to soft reset for power on. Not a great sign.
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb
    I'm sorry, but this is too funny. Load 15 or 20 programs and a couple of thousand contacts into the device, use it for a month, and THEN tell us how stable it is.

Note, I'm not saying it WILL be buggy, just that a day or two of use, probably with only the built in apps, is nowhere near enough information to make any judgements about it's stability.
    Come on, the 650 will reset virgin. So if the 700w doesn't, it is one up on the 650.
    I have had the 600, 650 and I breifly went over to the PPC-6601 (which was my only previous windows mobile experience)...I must say in the 1.5 years I used my windows device, it never soft reseted on its own that I can remember, rock solid....the difference of soft reset between the 650 and the 700w might be simily palm vs microsoft.....not to say microsoft is better, it just seemed more stable....please no flammers....I am so happy to be back in the Treo world
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast