Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    Can the 700W be used with a Mac?
    Check out MarkSpace.com. They provide software to sync Windows Mobile devices with Macs. They will support the Treo 700w (WM5) soon.
    Last edited by brmcguire; 01/05/2006 at 07:42 PM. Reason: typo
    Brian McGuire
    .../600/650/8700c/700w/Moto Q/700p/Nokia E62/700wx/8525/750c/BB Pearl/Blackjack/BB 8800/BB Curve & HTC Vox S710 >>iPhone
    Global Posts
    251 Global Posts
    As of now I don't think you can sync but missing sync is in the process of releasing its wm5 sync app. I used missing sync for my treo 600 (great app)
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    Thanks!!
    Quote Originally Posted by wig2ish
    Can the 700W be used with a Mac?
    isnt this one of the signs of the Apocalypse?

Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    I would go over to PDAphoneHome forums for the PPC-6600 and for the PPC-6700 and so a search or two. I know that there are several users of these WM devices that were MAC owners as well.

They also have a new Treo 700w forum, but as you can imagine not much there yet.
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HobbesIsReal
    I would go over to PDAphoneHome forums for the PPC-6600 and for the PPC-6700 and so a search or two. I know that there are several users of these WM devices that were MAC owners as well.

They also have a new Treo 700w forum, but as you can imagine not much there yet.
    The problem is that there is no sync support for WM5 directly on Macs - WM3 using Missing Sync works fairly well. The only thing one can do now is to subscribe to an Exchange host such as 1and1 or 4smartphone and wireless sync to it using your WM5 device. Then install and setup Entourage on the Mac to also sync with the same Exchange server. I do this now and it works pretty well. Changes propagate very nicely back and forth between the WM5 device and Entourage - but for Calendar and Contacts ONLY. Entourage will not sync Tasks or Notes(Memos) with Exchange. Hopefully that will change in the near future.

Frank