1.    #1  
    ! If Push' email is real,push like in BB? Does the'polling' happen in the background?

2. Can BT headsets play MP3 songs on the Treo?

3. How clumsy or otherwise is the wm5? Is one-handed operationtruly difficult?
    4.. Lastly Can Someone measure EVDO speeds?

Thanks in advance
    I have never used a bb but I have the 700. It has intellisync and it has an option for push email. It is very customizable and you can tell it how often to wireless sync email and everything else as well

no bt music. that will require a2dp which is not provided yet, as per my understanding. media player is pretty cool though.

one handed is definitely possible. There are more steps until you figure out the quick shortcuts. There's a learning curve but I've had it 12 hours and I'm already very fast with it. 2 words: voice command. Works really well.
    Voice command doesn't work over bluetooth but you can be a foot away from the phone and use voice command successfully. So, i put the bt headset on and use voice command while the phone is on the desk and it puts the call thru my headset; almost as good as bt voice command.

evdo is mega fast. it's just awesome. I'm surfing and checking email lightning fast and there's a google bar on the "today" view page that it defaults to. so you turn it on, type in the bar and you're googling.

Also, the letter recognizer is same as all other wm. it works much better than palm letter recognition and it's quick.

I love it. Only downside some people will say is that it's not as quick to navigate around as palm os but you have a lot more options and customizability.

WM is complex and very powerful. MS word, excel, internet explorer, voice command, etc. It's like a mini laptop. In another form factor, such as the ppc 6700, it would never be even close to one handed. Treo 700 has taken a powerful, not phone oriented OS like wm 5.0 and integrated with a one-handed, phone first hardware so it's the best of both worlds.
    Global Posts
    747 Global Posts
    you've just sold me cobra kai
    now let's make a baby!
  4.    #4  
    you are only one saying 'push' email works ! Others on this forum are saying. Direct Push' doesn't work. BB's push system is God's own email system.
    Car you describe a little more about the 700's email?

Also Can you hear andsend voice notes over email?will it play back like any other attachment- ?
    Read the TC review before you're "sold." It's considerably less positive about some aspects, and is based on far more than 1 day's experience.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
  6.    #6  
    l am yet to see a positive, positive review of the 700
    I read on Yahoo where EVDO does NOT support simultaneous voice and data. I thought it did?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/pcworld/2006...pcworld/124223
    Nope - that is true 3G currently available only if you live in Japan or Korea. You do get the benefit of interruptible data; when a call comes in whrn you are on the net using EvDO, the call will make it thru interrupting the data connection. 1xRTT cannot do this.
    Global Posts
    974 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Poryphyron
    Nope - that is true 3G currently available only if you live in Japan or Korea. You do get the benefit of interruptible data; when a call comes in whrn you are on the net using EvDO, the call will make it thru interrupting the data connection. 1xRTT cannot do this.
    I guess interruptible data is better than nothing. Still, I'm not sure I understand why you couldn't have true simultaneous voice/data with EV-DO?? When you're in an EV-DO area, the data uses it and voice falls back to 1x, so why can't both happen at the same time?
    Yep, interruptible data is better at least. Right now I don't like to set things like Express and Versamail to do automatic checks that often because they inevitably are trying to synch when someone tries to call me. So at least that'll work. But I'd really like to be able to take a support call and remote into someone's server at the same time.

I guess that makes the new 700w/p a little less entising to me.
  11.    #11  
    Can any one of those who actually own the new Treo tell us about-the 'push' email, EvDO speeds and music over BT?
    Why not search for info on push email on the forums? Go to some of the PPC specific forums and you will find vendors who do this and if you have access to your exchange server at work you can have the push set up (or it your IT guy is your friend). I get EVDO of 2 mb speed in a lot of areas but I think you wil find anything above a certain speed is just faster then the processor can utiize or render thus the potential bottleneck. BT music over the headset is not available for any of the devices so far but this appears to be a problem that will be remedied in an update. Voice Command works like a charm and I do get it to work with my Discovery 640 earpiece.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    Why not search for info on push email on the forums? Go to some of the PPC specific forums and you will find vendors who do this and if you have access to your exchange server at work you can have the push set up (or it your IT guy is your friend). I get EVDO of 2 mb speed in a lot of areas but I think you wil find anything above a certain speed is just faster then the processor can utiize or render thus the potential bottleneck. BT music over the headset is not available for any of the devices so far but this appears to be a problem speculation about it.will be remedied in an update. Voice Command works like a charm and I do get it to work with my Discovery 640 earpiece.
    Thanks for your input. But there is nothing from any actual user about the push email though, there is a lot ofspeculation about it from non-users. It any users can tell us about it, that would be great!