Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I just got mine and I love it but it's going back if I can't get dun on it. There are phones a whole lot cheaper than this that can do DUN. I've got 15 days. That's about when the 6700 will be coming out but I don't know if it will do it.
    I read that Verizon is planning on offering DUN. I think it was a little extra in cost (~$15). Looking for the link now. I will post when I find what I read.
    Brian McGuire
    .../600/650/8700c/700w/Moto Q/700p/Nokia E62/700wx/8525/750c/BB Pearl/Blackjack/BB 8800/BB Curve & HTC Vox S710 >>iPhone
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    what's "DUN"? sorry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn95
    what's "DUN"? sorry.
    Dial Up Networking
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    Thanks. What's that mean? Is it like EVDO? Why is it important?
    Just get PDANET or wait for someone to provide freeware or registry update instructions.
    http://www.junefabrics.com/palmnet/index.php

Glenn - DUN is for using our 700w as a modem connected to our laptops.
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    Thnks; I had PDANet on my 650.
  8.    #8  
    Thank you soo much for the link!!! That makes my day!! I was annoyed when I thought I could no longer tether. Now that I see pdanet will be coming soon, I will keep it. I had pdanet for the treo 600 and the thing worked amazingly well. It saved me so much money on a pcm/cia cellular card and service. With EVDO, that will rock! The device is pretty remarkable in terms of how many options there are in wm5.0. You can do so many things on any screen. If anything, the screen is a bit too "busy" with icons and menus all over the place. It's not as easy to navigate as before but it's more powerful with evdo and faster processor. It's got a ton of little features that aren't advertised anywhere but are pretty cool. The speakerphone is really good, clearer than my 600 was. I'm happy.
    You all could always try this program and see if it helps... (thanks johnski)
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Global Posts
    879 Global Posts
    Also try typing **path on the dial pad and report back what happens!
    What is supposed to happen when you type it?
    I don't know... but watch out for smoke.
    No smoke nor Fire
    Global Posts
    592 Global Posts
    I thought I read somewhere that the 700W won't do DUN. One large reason might be the $90/month wireless card they want you to buy to do that.
    Global Posts
    879 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gex
    Also try typing **path on the dial pad and report back what happens!

This enables the i730 to be used as a modem through USB:

shawdowmite - I'm not sure the app you gave works; after installing, it runs and you can select a connection to switch data to, but the start and stop buttons to control the switching/emulation/whatever it does are greyed out. **path does nothing on the 700w as well.
    -Michael Ducker
    TreoCentral Staff
    Global Posts
    879 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by miradu
    **path does nothing on the 700w as well.
    Did you try **7284?

I did. And nothing happened.
    the 6700 from Sprint comes stock with DUN.
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    i just got the treo 700 too but before i ordered i asked if i could use it as a dun and they said yes. the first thing i did was to see if it worked and it didnt. everything else works great but they makes me made i was lied too. i called them and they told me flat out no.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast