Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Just get the PDANet beta. It works.
    where did you get the pdanet beta?? i checked their website but don't see it. can you provide a link? does it work with bluetooth on the 700w? thanks.
    it was listed in a similar thread:

http://www.junefabrics.com/pdanet/beta.php

... i got it to work with the USB cable. I don't think it has support for BT, since its beta.
    Just loaded PDANet beta, works great. Sweeeet!
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    yea after i posted my message i emailed them and sent me a link to it. it works ok i have to try and connect 2 or 3 times before it will work but it will go through
    So If I'm reading this thread correctly, you are using PDANet beta to run a laptop through the Treo 700 to connect to the Internet? How does the laptop connect to the treo, by USB? Is PDANet installed on both the laptop and the Treo? What about data charges; is this use included in the unlimited Internet plan?
    I pay $30 a month for T-Mobile access at Starbucks; I'd love to cancel that if I can use the Treo instead.
    For those that have managed to make this work, is set up tough?
    My Main thing is that now I have a Sprint Treo 650 on Verizon and I get the Free Data PLan...which is good becuase it only comes out of my mins...with this would I be able to use my Dial Up ISp like Juno and connect to the web for free...I don't need the high speed EVDO I just need something to check the mail everynow and then and for Chat im...this is the only thing holding me back from the Treo 700w
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    i connect via usb but bluetooth can work in the full version i have a unlimited data plan so there should be no additional charges im waiting to see my phone bill lol
    My Main thing is that now I have a Sprint Treo 650 on Verizon and I get the Free Data PLan...which is good becuase it only comes out of my mins...with this would I be able to use my Dial Up ISp like Juno and connect to the web for free...I don't need the high speed EVDO I just need something to check the mail everynow and then and for Chat im...this is the only thing holding me back from the Treo 700w
    Quote Originally Posted by demichae
    So If I'm reading this thread correctly, you are using PDANet beta to run a laptop through the Treo 700 to connect to the Internet? How does the laptop connect to the treo, by USB? Is PDANet installed on both the laptop and the Treo? What about data charges; is this use included in the unlimited Internet plan?
    I pay $30 a month for T-Mobile access at Starbucks; I'd love to cancel that if I can use the Treo instead.
    For those that have managed to make this work, is set up tough?
    Setup was very easy, yes it connects via usb, the beta version does not support blutooth. It is my understanding that there is no additional data charges. Here is a quote from there internet site;

How would I get charged for using PdaNet?

With default settings, PdaNet usage is treated as wireless data usage, same as usage from the web browser on your Treo. Air minutes (phone usage) will not apply.
    Question, I am paying for unlimited data + 1350 anytime minutes. Free nights and weekend. This is 114.00 It is some bundle that verizon is offering. Doesnt this give me unlimited EVDO internet speeds as well?

John
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dyerucf
    Question, I am paying for unlimited data + 1350 anytime minutes. Free nights and weekend. This is 114.00 It is some bundle that verizon is offering. Doesnt this give me unlimited EVDO internet speeds as well?

John
    Yes, it does give you EVDO. It's not extra.
    Why is my speed so slow?

I ran two tests. Both got about the same results?

Speed

183.2 kilobits per second
    Communications 183.2 kilobits per second
    Storage 22.4 kilobytes per second
    1MB file download 45.8 seconds
    Subjective rating Mediocre

That seems to be a lot slower then advertised. I am according to verizon in an EVDO area. I live in Orlando, FL

Thanx
    PdaNet is running good for me.... I hope it dosen't use my minutes. My phone dosen't say I'm connected to the internet like it does when you use just the phone itself. Anyone else's do that? Maybe since it's activesync'd?
    When I checked my Data Log (Menu>Call Log>Menu>Data Log) after using PdaNet for awhile, it was the exact same as when I started. This makes me think that it's using airtime instead of data. I've only tried this in a 1x area, not on EVDO yet.
    PDANET has beeen released for Treo700 and you can now use your phone as a high speed modem!! Hope Verizon doesnt find a way to stop it because not many Treo700 users will buy the Verizon laptop wifi card and service.

I just downloaded the trial and it works perfectly. After install, I simply connected my laptop to my Treo700 and got blazing speeds on my laptop.

http://www.junefabrics.com/pdanet/
    Pdanet freezes my Treo. After about 30 minutes of connectivity the phone will simply freeze and I'll lose my data connection. It requires a soft reset to get everything working again. I emailed them and they asked me if I was sure it was pdanet causing the problem. I just emailed them back.

Their customer support has been pretty decent over the time I've used the program on my Treo 650. I've not given up hope yet.
    does pdanet cost money? if so, how much?
    Has anyone been using MOU with this so far and not getting charged for it?

Thanks
    can one connect using BT to pdanet?

anyone got their first bill after using pda net?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast