Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Here's a side by side with both settings set to max brightness.

Do you think you could make them any larger?
    Global Posts
    747 Global Posts
    i cant help but keep staring at the pic in the hopes that the two treo's will do something amazing like combine into some sort of decepticon
    LOL, THAT was funny Stihl!
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorn
    I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that you left the 700 on its default brightness (half).
    His original post said they were both set to max brightness.
    GSM Treo 600 > Unlocked GSM Treo 650 on T-Mobile - Attempting to use a BB Curve

Technology is neither good nor evil, good people will find good uses for it and evil people will find evil uses for it. Phil P.
    Quote Originally Posted by TxDot
    His original post said they were both set to max brightness.
    Sorry, withdrawn. I didn't see the text since the picture is so big it messes with the page dimensions.
    After seeing them both sided to side today in person, I can say that even with the 700w at full brightness, its not nearly as bright as the 650. Its not that bad though.
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman
    After seeing them both sided to side today in person, I can say that even with the 700w at full brightness, its not nearly as bright as the 650. Its not that bad though.
    Ya the 700 is not super bright or anything, but I have mine set to half brightness and it's fine even in darkness, not to mention saves battery. As long as it's readable and looks good that's all I care about.
    Where did you get the Southpark skin on the GIGANTIC Treo 650 image?
  10.    #10  
    Oh just some wallpaper that I sized down from some southpark 3d webpage.

People always complain that the pictures are not BIG ENOUGH.. so maybe I over did it

Oh well... :P
    I never really used anything brighter than about 1/4 at most on the 650 anyway - seems like it won't be too much of an issue.

Matt - got the link to that SP webpage?
    Looks great here, I'm running 1280x1024 though

I guess the blind folks running 800x600 may have some issues ;P
  13.    #13  
    thats cause i resized the thing down a few minutes ago... i'm running 1600x1200 and it was WAY to big

http://www.southpark3d.wz.cz/

Thats where the original came from.
    Also, please note: 650 bkgd, predominantly white/light
    700 bkdg, predominantly dark blue.

This will have an effect on perception.

Suffice to say, when the picture was HUGE it was easy to see that the fonts/edges on the 650 are smoother. The smaller picture dwarfs that effect.
    Global Posts
    879 Global Posts
    im running 1920x1200
    The 700w has a darker color scheme than the 650. Its not obviously a lot duller than the 650. Maybe a photo with them both set to the same image in the image viewer would be more informative of the relative screen quality? One could then compare brightness and saturation and color accuracy etc.

Surur
  17.    #17  
    I do not have clear type enabled. Might make things look smoother. I'll have to try it out.
    The screen may not be good enough for us consumers but it'll be good enough for the corportate IT guys to buy it. I hope to go from the 600 to the 700p.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    If you really put it side by side I dont see a dramatic difference.

Surur
    Quote Originally Posted by Tre-i-e-i-o
    Also, please note: 650 bkgd, predominantly white/light
    700 bkdg, predominantly dark blue.

This will have an effect on perception.

Suffice to say, when the picture was HUGE it was easy to see that the fonts/edges on the 650 are smoother. The smaller picture dwarfs that effect.
    But if you have been through treos, you will notice that the blue white factor has been an issue for years. I had three 600's and they are different, some appear very blue and some white. Same if you get several 650's in the same room. The reveiw in treo Central claims the 700 is whiter than the 700w. Go figure.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast