Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Do you folks have really low resolution monitors or something? The pictures only fill a quarter of the screen on my laptop!
    Global Posts
    879 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Editor, PocketFactory
    One thing that I was pleasantly surprised with is the display, which is actually much better than the 650's. It's somewhat brighter (not much), but the colors are much richer and vibrant by comparison. The 650 has a noticeable blue tint to the screen that I hadn't noticed until comparing it side by side with the 700w. And I'm very pleased to report that the lower resolution isn't nearly as noticeable as you might otherwise think. The smaller screen size packs pixel together more tightly, so the screen looks less pixilated, and rather sharp...even standing next to the 650.

Different opinion of the screen....

http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/foru...cbd4ad51e27a39
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver5
    Do you folks have really low resolution monitors or something? The pictures only fill a quarter of the screen on my laptop!
    Read the thread. He resized them.

I use 1280x1024 resolution.
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt-Helm
    Oh just some wallpaper that I sized down from some southpark 3d webpage.

People always complain that the pictures are not BIG ENOUGH.. so maybe I over did it

Oh well... :P
    Works for me! I have a wide screen laptop and the pics look great and give good details. The key is probably not to view on a smaller screen.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by surur
    If you really put it side by side I dont see a dramatic difference.

Surur
    I do, the 650 is clearly brighter.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    I mentioned this when I was trying out the PPC-6700 for a while...the white on blue color scheme for the phone keypad combined with its lower brightness compared to the Treo 650 definitely hurt readability under direct sun. It looks like Palm, despite revamping the Today/phone screen, still went with the white on blue color scheme.

Do I use my Treo 650 set to max brightness? Pretty much only when I'm in the car during the day, but I wouldn't want to give up any of that brightness and would crank it up even higher if I could.
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12