Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hey guys, just got my treo 700w at circuit city (the only one they had). I thought a thread on what applications and features people have found in the first few hours of using their device would be appropriate.

I am already in the need for a calendar application, has anyone tried agendus or anything like that? Also, the OK button doesn't close down applications, what add on software should I use? In the past I have used SPB Pocket Plus, but I think that would be overkill, since most of that programs features are already on the 700w.

Looking forward to hearing from you guys.
    I'd like to know what software I could load that would do navigation for me? Would I need a nav card in the memory slot or not, seeing as how it has GPS location built-in anyway?
    Try Pocket Plus or Zap for close button functionality, Pocket Informant for calendar/PIM functionality and either ProfiMail or WebIS Mail if you don't like Pocket Outlook
    Agendus is a great calendar program. You can get extra icons and that sort of thing for it. Has an alarm and different stuff.
    My favorites so far are :
    Resco Radio - just brilliant radio application (Shoutcast format)
    Real Player - to play Real audio and video streams (free)
    TCPMP - free media player - free and very full features including streaming PLS files (Shoutcast)
    Last edited by Poryphyron; 01/05/2006 at 11:18 PM.
    PdaNet is probably my favorite program for my 650 along with DA. Any idea if either of these are available on the 700w? How about Kmaps? I certainly would like to have the 700w because of the 1.3 megapixal camera (as the one now is terrible for pictures larger than the phone screen no matter what anyone says). I don't use my phone for my photos, but find I do use it a lot for things I see when I'm not carrying my camera. But I do know that PdaNet and DA are more important than the camera to me.
    If you happen to be new the WM world, then you might find these couple threads that I posted awhile back very interesting or maybe enlightening:

Software For PPC

Software Choices for WM03 & WM05

Registry Edits Hints and Finds for the PPC-660x/SX66/XV6600 (I know it says PPC-6600 which is running WM03, but a lot the reg hacks have not changed or will point in the right direction where you could figure it out yourself)

I hope this helps.

Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    There a good AIM program or something like trillian?
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    i would alert everyone when it comes to apps for this new phone. Lots of programs that ran fine on earlier versions of windows mobile will not work properly on this phone. so far i've tried webIS (couldn't get all the way through installation because of screen limitations), vindigo (issues all over with new active sync 4.1....couldn't get past double clicking of .exe program on my computer), zagat to go (much functionality like typing in restaurant name doesn't work).

not to promote other forums, but there's a link here:

http://pdaphonehome.com/forums/showt...threadid=63291

that is trying to get a list of applications that are proved to work on the Treo 700W. I'd love to get one here too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashenor
    I am not sure how they will run on WM05, but maybe this will help:

Quote Originally Posted by HobbesIsReal
    Never used it, but would this work:

http://www.aim.com/get_aim/win_ce/latest_wince.adp

Here are also several 3rd party options:

http://www.pocketpcmag.com/awards/ca...atandMessaging
  11.    #11  
    One option I was hoping the 700 would have would be to launch applications and webpages via favorites keys. It sucks that the speed dials only let you dial contacts. PalmOS lets you launch applications, webpages, contacts, calender events, etc. Am I missing something here, or is that function just not written into the WM software.
    Quote Originally Posted by RickMG
    PdaNet is probably my favorite program for my 650 along with DA. Any idea if either of these are available on the 700w?
    You might want to ask your favorite developers.
    http://www.junefabrics.com/palmnet/index.php
    hobbs, your posts about reg hacks are all invalid now, just to let you know...
    Then we need to start a new WM05 Reg Hack Thread =)
    Agendus only works on Palm OS for the WM OS you would use app like Pocket Informant.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashenor
    Verichat - www.pdaapps.com. Works great on the Treo 650.
    Brian McGuire
    .../600/650/8700c/700w/Moto Q/700p/Nokia E62/700wx/8525/750c/BB Pearl/Blackjack/BB 8800/BB Curve & HTC Vox S710 >>iPhone
    Has anyone picked up a wifi card and tried to run Skype? If so, how's the performance and voice quality? For me, this is the only killer app which could cause me to switch from the 650 to a Windows-Treo.

Any reports on the music quality using BT 1.2 and Bluetooth headphones with a music player such as RealPlayer on the 700w?
    Quote Originally Posted by jae_63
    Any reports on the music quality using BT 1.2 and Bluetooth headphones with a music player such as RealPlayer on the 700w?
    WM5 doesn't support the A2DP bluetooth profile, so you can't use BT headphones to play music. Not sure if that will change in the future, but it's true now.
    Quote Originally Posted by COPPERLAB
    Also, the OK button doesn't close down applications, what add on software should I use? In the past I have used SPB Pocket Plus, but I think that would be overkill, since most of that programs features are already on the 700w.

Looking forward to hearing from you guys.
    If you press and hold the OK button, the Memory Management app will show up, and you can close down apps that way, all one handed.
    The same update that should bring push email should bring a2dp also.

Surur
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast