Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Anyone know if it is possible? Using what program? What audio file and playlist format? Streaming sources? Any information will be greatly appreciated!!!

How about Streaming Video?
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.
    Sling will have a wm client out in beta shortly. Great for streaming sound and video.
    Global Posts
    879 Global Posts
    Out of the box (it come with Windows Meida Player 10) you can stream off the net.. i actually maintain a web site you can do this from: http://www.izaino.com

Notice that WMP10 streams the WMA files (the ones with the icon on my site).

I install gsplayer to stream mp3/shoutcast (the icons on my site).

There are a number of third party apps to do the same thing but gsplayer is open source and works well for me.

You can also stream video (WMV files) with the built in Media Player.

...and it will run in the background while you read your RSS feeds or browse the web or whatever
    Global Posts
    879 Global Posts
    And.. you should check out Orb... super cool.. your desktop computer can be your own personal content provider.
    There are a number of very cool apps for this:
    Resco Radio has a version for Windows Mobile 5 - this covers PLS or Shoutcast streams. For a free option, use TCPMP.

Real supplies a free player on its site for Windows Mobile.

So you have all options covered - Windows Media for WMP streams, Resco for PLS and Real for RMA and SMIL streams. It's gonna be sweet.
    you can stream sirius radio (if you have a subscription) with siriuCE! this is the main reason that I bought the 700!
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Wow thats cool i have a subscrition but not sure how to install the siriuCE.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Hmm i am pretty noob at some of this for the TCPMP which install am i looking for the treo 700.

Thanks
    Global Posts
    879 Global Posts
    You can stream XM radio with the built in media player... you just need to create a custom playlist that includes your login info. Will provide a link to inst. if interested.
    You can also try www.minixm.com to stream XM radio. Works great on the 700w.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Can anyone link me to which TCPMP i should DL there are about 10 different WM ones, also someone help me with the siriusCE please =).
    Global Posts
    879 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Beryl
    You can also try www.minixm.com to stream XM radio. Works great on the 700w.
    Thats cool.... the url for PIE is: http://mobile.minixm.com

BUT... you have to put in your u/p. not a big deal i guess but there is the posibility that they will have your u/p. DOnt know if thats a concern or not. I actually use a friends u/p myself
    here is the link for siriuce......... http://www.emulamer.com/SiriuCE.html you just install the cab to your treo, then open up the program and put in your username and pass then you choose what channel you want to listen too, then scroll to the bottom and hit the play button, it will then open up media player and then buffer for a few secs and then start playing. listen to it for 3 hrs today, it is by far my favorite program!
    Quote Originally Posted by dbarrett5381
    here is the link for siriuce......... http://www.emulamer.com/SiriuCE.html you just install the cab to your treo, then open up the program and put in your username and pass then you choose what channel you want to listen too, then scroll to the bottom and hit the play button, it will then open up media player and then buffer for a few secs and then start playing. listen to it for 3 hrs today, it is by far my favorite program!
    I have never been able to get the SiriuCE program to work on my 700.
    For a while I got an error for user name and password. Now I am getting an error:
    Login failed: Exception raised: Could not find resource assembly.

Any ideas?
    Okay, so anyone figure out how to record from XM? there are songs that they play and I can't find on itunes or others, and this looks like it might be the only way to get them....

Suggestions?
    While you wouldn't be doing it on the treo there are plenty of streaming recorders that even look up and populate track info, title author etc. I use replay. You could then transfer those songs to your treo. Replay doesn't record track info from sirius (it records the music fine), but it does with Y music.
    Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    What about sites that use Radiomat to stream audio? Will these work on a 700w because they don't work on my 650.
    I am also looking for the correct link on which TCPMP program to install, and exactly how to install it on the 700w. I have tried several programs and am getting errors on all of the versions I am trying. Maybe I am installing it wrong. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Global Posts
    445 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gex
    Out of the box (it come with Windows Meida Player 10) you can stream off the net.. i actually maintain a web site you can do this from: http://www.izaino.com

Notice that WMP10 streams the WMA files (the ones with the icon on my site).
    Gex-
    thx for maintaining this site- it's great. Treo Friendly and MUCH easier to navigate than on the DI website.
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    A PDA-friendly site is at www.radio4pda.com where you can listen to radio stations from all over the US, the UK and Ireland.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast