Results 1 to 17 of 17
  1.    #1  
    I want a 700W, but have Sprint. Any idea if it will be able to be unlocked and used with Sprint CDMA?
  2. #2  
    CDMA phones can't be "unlocked" per se. The biggest hurdle would likely be talking Sprint into adding the ESN into their database. I'm sure any other necessary mods and hacks will appear hear quite rapidly.
  3. twitch3's Avatar
    Posts
    821 Posts
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    #3  
    Sprint won't activate a phone that is not from Sprint, no exceptions.
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by twitch3
    Sprint won't activate a phone that is not from Sprint, no exceptions.
    Damm
  5. #5  
    I was told by Verizon that if a Device is DUAL NAM, then it is potentially unlocked and can be used overseas. Also I was told that Treo is indeed DUAL-NAM and candy used abroad.

    Any thoughts?
  6. #6  
    Dual nam means it can have 2 phone numbers on one device... It has no bearing on anything other than being capable of two numbers at the same time.
  7. #7  
    So then what's the problem? If I travel to Say China or IndiaI can always register a local service provider and use my Treo 70O? Am I correct?
  8. slinky's Avatar
    Posts
    578 Posts
    Global Posts
    592 Global Posts
    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by athreya
    So then what's the problem? If I travel to Say China or IndiaI can always register a local service provider and use my Treo 70O? Am I correct?
    Sure you can. Except if they use GSM and you have a CDMA phone, registering another phone number isn't going to help you...
  9. #9  
    I am talking Only about registering a local CDMA carrier? Has anyone tried this?
  10. #10  
    You would want the I830 with GSM/CDMA in one phone for overseas and US use.
  11. #11  
    What would it take to use a Treo 700oversees on a CDMA network is the question? Is it possible? Is Treo 700 Dual. NAM ?
  12. #12  
    has anyone tried using their treo overseas?

    has anyone tried using the dual nam feature in the US itself with two phone numbers? how does one activate it on verizon and how much do they charge you? One bill, shared minutes?
  13. #13  
    This is not posible unfortunately for the same reason it is no longer possible to "Verizoniz" Sprint Treo 650 anymore. Sprint (along with Verizon now) compiles a bank of "recognized ESN's" that they will accept on their network. Thus a 700w from Verizon will NOT be in this master list of acceptable ESN's, and even if you were able to get the MSL and reprogram it to work on Sprint, you will not be able to provision it on Sprint (unless you have some inside connection). Too bad...
    _________________
    aka Gfunkmagic

    Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w



    Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

    Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  14. #14  
    [QUOTE=gfunkmagic]This is not posible unfortunately for the same reason it is no longer possible to "Verizoniz" Sprint Treo 650 anymore. Sprint (along with Verizon now) compiles a bank of "recognized ESN's" that they will accept on their network. Thus a 700w from Verizon will NOT be in this master list of acceptable ESN's, and even if you were able to get the MSL and reprogram it to work on Sprint, you will not be able to provision it on Sprint (unless you have some inside connection). Too bad...[/QUOT

    the title of this thread is misleading..pls read my specific comments and reply..i dont care about sprint but all i am talking about is treo's DUAL NAM capabilities and overseas usage with that
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by pdagolfer
    CDMA phones can't be "unlocked" per se. The biggest hurdle would likely be talking Sprint into adding the ESN into their database. I'm sure any other necessary mods and hacks will appear hear quite rapidly.
    Has anyone figured out how to do this? My provider will change the esn on my number to the 700w, but I can't figure out yet (had the phone for all of 2 hours) how to get the phone setup with the prl etc

    Any help would be appreciated!
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by athreya
    the title of this thread is misleading..pls read my specific comments and reply..i dont care about sprint but all i am talking about is treo's DUAL NAM capabilities and overseas usage with that
    You're not the OP, and the title of the post is perfectly appropriate to what that person asked. Start your own thread to get the answers you want rather than trying to hijack another one and then getting pissy when you don't get answers.
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by athreya
    has anyone tried using their treo overseas?

    has anyone tried using the dual nam feature in the US itself with two phone numbers? how does one activate it on verizon and how much do they charge you? One bill, shared minutes?
    US CDMA phones cannot be used anywhere but in the western hemisphere (Canada, Latin America, Caribbean, etc.), I don't think. The frequencies are different in other parts of the world.

Posting Permissions