Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Just picked up my Treo 700, here are some pics and the impressions I posted over on HoFo:

Okay some impressions so far - this phone is sweet. Much better than the 650. Everything works as you think it should, which is more than could ever be said about Windows Mobile 2003.

One thing that struck me as particularly stupid with the prior WM was when you went to add a new contact, and you got to a field for a phone number, then started typing with the keyboard keys that are the numbers, it would type letters instead of defaulting to numbers. To type numbers under WM2003 you had to do a convoluted shift pressing thing for each number. This has been fixed! Also, the OK button is a huge lifesaver with Windows Mobile, so many things require an OK or an X out, and its much easier to tap this button than to try to fingernail tap the tiny spot on the screen or (worst of all) pull out the stylus.

It's also really quick, something that can't be said of many WM phones. Everything is very responsive. The reception also seems better than my 650 was, since I have good signal in my building, where the 650 would be able to make calls, but would show no signal.
    Zorn, did you find out about threaded SMS yet? That seems to be the million dollar question for TREO users.
    Very cool. Can you tether it as a modem via USB as you can with Sprint EVDO phones?
    Sprint Pre, Mugen 2800mah battery
    Hows the web browsing on it with EV-DO?
    TCENS, I've used EVDO with the XV6600, and with the PPC6700, EVDO + PIE, is AWESOME! Makes Blazer seem like running dial up vs using broadband at home. Makes me all warm inside.
    The guy on the box on the fone is creeping me out. He has no business touching this phone, it's clear he doesn't know what he is looking at, and the smile is almost, pedophile-like.
  7.    #7  
    Bad news - no SMS threading. Hopefully there exists an application (or will soon) to make it happen.
    There was one called SMSPro, I was beta testing it at one point, it looked promising... http://www.pocketmonkey.net/main/

Matt is the developer, good guy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Pooh
    The guy on the box on the fone is creeping me out. He has no business touching this phone, it's clear he doesn't know what he is looking at, and the smile is almost, pedophile-like.
    He's looking at a video of you he downloaded from the internet.

(Darth Poohs Gone Wild III)
  10.    #10  
    There was one called SMSPro, I was beta testing it at one point, it looked promising... http://www.pocketmonkey.net/main/

Matt is the developer, good guy.
    The download page errors out.
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas

Ok, that's just wrong...

Zorn, I get to it just fine... that's odd.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Thanks for the quick review, sounds like it will be a hit.
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
    Congrats ..............
    Sweet, might have to get myself one of these
    Global Posts
    747 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by daThomas

Holy**** that got a good laugh outta me
    That dude on the box looks like one of those aliens from that movie with Tim Allen and Sigourney Weaver - where they were the Star Trek-type people, and the alien people came to kidnap Tim Allen to save them from the gorgs or whatever. That box guy looks like one of those aliens who came and nabbed Tim Allen. Not the main one, but the skinny sidekick guy. Bad haircut.
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    I thought I looked rather distinguised, thank you.

Here he is in less formal attire.

Surur
    Last edited by surur; 01/04/2006 at 05:52 PM.
    and in a heartbeat my 650 is history...
    Naveen

Current:Cingular 8525 w/Faria R32

Next Phone:
    Something from HTC because Palm sucks, so I want a Touch Pro, Touch HD, or a Treo Pro.
    The movie is Galaxy Quest, and yes, I agree.
    Attached Images Attached Images
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast