Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    wow that's cool that you already got yours...i know i'll prolly get flamed but I'll ask it anyways but briefly what is SMS threading or is there a link that greatly explains that?...i read up on it now i'm back to understanding nevermind
    Last edited by HighRollN95; 01/04/2006 at 07:40 PM.
    ~What does a pimp consider a girl with a Treo?~
    ~A Tree-Hoe~
    Congrats, our rep said nothing will be available until tomorrow but oh well. The one thing gives some concern is the RAM, will it be enough?
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorn
    Bad news - no SMS threading. Hopefully there exists an application (or will soon) to make it happen.
    Wow this is bad news for me especially. When you total 1200 SMS messages a month this will be very annoying. This was one of my major gripes with the PPC6700
    I believe it was phurth that posted 2 or three threaded SMS programs on one of the threads this last week......
    Last edited by HobbesIsReal; 01/04/2006 at 07:50 PM.
    I think the SMS threading need only exists in current 650 users, who are used to that. Remember this device isn't truly targeted at current Palm 650 owners (whether you agree with that approach or not is a separate matter). For folks who've never used threaded SMS, they won't know about it, won't miss it, and it won't matter, for most people.
    Here are three WM SMS threaded programs that phurth posted:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...54&postcount=5
    there are SMS threading apps out there if you hunt or them. I cannot suggest one because the only time I use SMS is for push email.

and to get true push try 4smartphone.net it works really well. welcome to WM5...
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    He's looking at a video of you he downloaded from the internet.

(Darth Poohs Gone Wild III)
    LOL
    Anything on...

! Push email? Is the polling in the background
    2. Battery Life? 3. EvDO speeds? 4. How's the keyboard? 5. there did you buy it? How Much?6.Dun?
    How's the bluetooth? Is it crippled. Can you do DUN via bt? Does it have the upgrade packaged with it so you can do stereo over bt?
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    my two biggest points of interest on the treo 700w are:

1) how does the keyboard feel compared to the 650's?

2) do you get immediate downloads with ev-do or is there still variance in speeds? some lags now and then or is evdo pretty consistent?
    I gotta have more cowbell
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by surur

Here he is in less formal attire.

Surur
    That is damn funny. Same haircut. lol
    A bad haircut can make any guy look like a damn fool!

This guy sure does look like a perv with that haircut.
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    Did it come preloaded with viruses?
    Regards,

2smart4phone
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HobbesIsReal
    Here are three WM SMS threaded programs that phurth posted:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...54&postcount=5
    This is excellent Hobbes thanks! I didnt realize they had something out there, atleast. Wish I had a WM5 device that I could test these out and see if it remedies things. Especially O2 SMS Plus
    what's the screen like? that's my biggest gripe about the 700. I was in Singapore recently and saw a load of new phones with equivalent to 240x240 (i-mate and others) and basically NOTHING BEATS the treo 650 screen. thays why I'm waititng for the Hollywood, especially since I hear it may have a sliding keyboard to reveal 360x480, or 360x360 with the keyboard in its home position.
    NYT David Pogue.

A Marriage not made in Heaven.

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/01/05/te...gewanted=print

He likes some of it and doesnt like other parts of it.

BT is crippled. Wont work on a prius.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Quote Originally Posted by ekerbuddy
    what's the screen like?
    According to MobileTechReview the screen is bright, sharp, well saturated and equivalently bright to the Treo 650.
    http://www.mobiletechreview.com/Treo-700w.htm
    They really like the device. They gave it 4 1/2 stars out of 5.

Thats why I'm waititng for the Hollywood, especially since I hear it may have a sliding keyboard to reveal 360x480, or 360x360 with the keyboard in its home position.
    All indications are that the Hollywood is a WM device.

Surur
    thays why I'm waititng for the Hollywood, especially since I hear it may have a sliding keyboard to reveal 360x480, or 360x360 with the keyboard in its home position.
    My biggest two cons for the Treo is the small screen size and no built in WIFI. If one con is resolved and other specs line up, then it becomes easier to work with at least WIFI support for addon card as I am doing now. If this is true of the Hollywood that it will offer a bigger screen with a sliding keyboard and WM (it looks like for work I will probably be forced to a WM05 device due to Exchange 2003) I will be VERY interested in this device....as long as it is offered through Sprint.
    Last edited by HobbesIsReal; 01/05/2006 at 02:39 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by treosixoo
    A bad haircut can make any guy look like a damn fool!

This guy sure does look like a perv with that haircut.

You guys are
    "Let me control the nation's money and I care not who makes its laws." -****** ******
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast