Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 35
  1.    #1  
    Well since the consensus seems to be that the Treo 700 won't have SMS threading, does anyone know of a good third party program for WM that will do it? Would be great for those of us who liked that functionality.
  2. damigs's Avatar
    Posts
    535 Posts
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    #2  
    Im totally agreeing with you Zorn. I got rid of my PPC6700 because of this. It drove me crazy constanly deleting threads. Looking forward to 700P
  3. #3  
    I just posted on your other thread, that I think it was phurth that posted two or three programs in another thread this last week.

    EDIT: A quick search and here it is:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...54&postcount=5
    Last edited by HobbesIsReal; 01/04/2006 at 07:51 PM.
  4.    #4  
    So it looks like what we need is someone to step up to the plate and make a program that's aimed at WM2005.
  5. ashenor's Avatar
    Posts
    27 Posts
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    #5  
    Sorry i am noob, what is SMS threading.

    Thanks =)
  6.    #6  
    SMS threading is taking text messages and turning them into like a conversation, so instead of 100 messages from Bob Smith you would have one conversation with Bob Smith, and all your replies/messages would be there like an Instant Message convo.
  7. #7  
    <moved>
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorn
    SMS threading is taking text messages and turning them into like a conversation, so instead of 100 messages from Bob Smith you would have one conversation with Bob Smith, and all your replies/messages would be there like an Instant Message convo.
    It looks like a chat window from ICQ, AOL, etc.
  9. #9  
    Not to be confrontational, but Hobbes why do you keep posting a link to three applications that if are not compatible, either provide a dead link, or an application with terrible reviews?
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by thomasanderson
    Not to be confrontational, but Hobbes why do you keep posting a link to three applications that if are not compatible, either provide a dead link, or an application with terrible reviews?
    WM5 has been out for months and there's nothing compatible that will thread SMS messages. There doesn't seem to be much third-party support for WM5 in general.
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by thomasanderson
    Not to be confrontational, but Hobbes why do you keep posting a link to three applications that if are not compatible, either provide a dead link, or an application with terrible reviews?
    No offense.....The question was posted in multi threads in the space of minutes. I knew phurth posted links that might help. I have never used the programs or claimed to. Just trying to help those looking for a solution.
    Last edited by HobbesIsReal; 01/05/2006 at 12:44 PM.
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by HobbesIsReal
    Quote Originally Posted by thomasanderson
    Not to be confrontational, but Hobbes why do you keep posting a link to three applications that if are not compatible, either provide a dead link, or an application with terrible reviews
    No offense.....The question was posted in multi threads in the space of minutes. I knew phurth posted links that might help. I have never used the programs or claimed to. Just trying to help those looking for a solution.
    As was I. I just checked all three links and they are not dead. My original post was in response to the question of whether there are any threaded SMS apps for WM. As I posted, there are three of them (2000Man, I could point out that that's more than exist for the PalmOS, but I won't...). They are in varying stages of completion & availability and I clearly stated that in my post. So what, exactly is the problem?

    The claim above that there's not much 3rd party support for WM5 is unfounded. Windows Mobile is in a state of transition right now from WM2003 to WM5 - the MS programming environment for it was just released from beta last month. The OS was just released in September. Much software runs fine on WM5 without being updated. Some requires tweaking by the developer to work on the new platform.
    Current: iPhone 3G
    Retired from active duty: Treo 800w, Sprint Touch, Mogul, Apache, Cingular Treo 650, HP iPaq 4350, T|T, M505 - Nokia 3650 - SE R520m, T610, T637, Moto P280, etc, etc...
  13. #13  
    dude the ppc6700 just came ouit. there will be either an update to fix sms or someone will create an app. seems like a silly reason to get rid of the phone. Back when the Treo 600 it did not have threaded sms & pdaapps made an app for this until sprint released a fix...
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by phurth
    As was I. I just checked all three links and they are not dead. My original post was in response to the question of whether there are any threaded SMS apps for WM. As I posted, there are three of them (2000Man, I could point out that that's more than exist for the PalmOS, but I won't...). They are in varying stages of completion & availability and I clearly stated that in my post. So what, exactly is the problem?
    The problem is that you can't name a single threaded SMS app for WM5 that doesn't have bugs. Nothing is currently available.
  15. damigs's Avatar
    Posts
    535 Posts
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by treoneo
    dude the ppc6700 just came ouit. there will be either an update to fix sms or someone will create an app. seems like a silly reason to get rid of the phone. Back when the Treo 600 it did not have threaded sms & pdaapps made an app for this until sprint released a fix...
    SMS threading is one of the issues. How about instant messing with a standbye mode that really works?! Other than MSN messenger there really isnt one that does AIM, YAHOO and ICQ built in.

    Please dont mention Verichat for PPC, Agile or any of those unless they recently updated them for WM5. These apps thou they work do not function all to well in standbye as it does on the T650/T600.
  16. #16  
    dude you are too impatient!! Look at all the issues with the Treo when they are released. And there are always 3rd party apps to fix this but not right away. Be patient. I am sure a sms app is in the works. And I am sure Verichat is working on an update for wm 5 as well...
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by damigs
    How about instant messing with a standbye mode that really works?! Other than MSN messenger there really isnt one that does AIM, YAHOO and ICQ built in.
    IM+ from Shape works great with all the IM systems you mention - also Google Talk/Jabber.
    Current: iPhone 3G
    Retired from active duty: Treo 800w, Sprint Touch, Mogul, Apache, Cingular Treo 650, HP iPaq 4350, T|T, M505 - Nokia 3650 - SE R520m, T610, T637, Moto P280, etc, etc...
  18. damigs's Avatar
    Posts
    535 Posts
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by treoneo
    dude you are too impatient!! Look at all the issues with the Treo when they are released. And there are always 3rd party apps to fix this but not right away. Be patient. I am sure a sms app is in the works. And I am sure Verichat is working on an update for wm 5 as well...
    Actually I am patient and still love my Treo 650. We are simply talking about what we dislike and wished there would be a remedy.

    PPC 2003 has been out for awhile and WM5 is now the ticket.. Have you had any luck SMS'ing on anyone of those devices with that OS? I do feel that someone will come out with something better than whats shrink wrapped with 700w. Just dont see it happening anytime soon.
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by damigs
    Just dont see it happening anytime soon.
    That's the price of early adoption of WM5. Just give it another 4-6 months and there will be replacements for the phone app, SMS app, browser, email app and other problem areas.
  20. damigs's Avatar
    Posts
    535 Posts
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by 2000 Man
    That's the price of early adoption of WM5. Just give it another 4-6 months and there will be replacements for the phone app, SMS app, browser, email app and other problem areas.
    Yup Im wit ya on that 2kMan. This is why Im gonna sit back and wait.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions