Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    there is an excellent app in development as we speak......it is called SMSPro. It will be just what the former 650 user is looking for. The only problem is that the developer (a member of this forum by the way) has been a little slow in finishing the app.

Check it out: www.pocketmonkey.net
    "When Palm announced today that its new smartphone would run an operating system from Microsoft, it was the equivalent of Coca-Cola agreeing to fill its bottles with Pepsi." ~David M. Ewalt, Forbes Magazine
    ----------------------------------------------------
    My Phone history.....
    SMSPro has already been discussed. It's buggy.
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2000 Man
    SMSPro has already been discussed. It's buggy.
    It is buggy because it has been developed for WM2003 not WM5. He has stated that he will be creating a SMSPro for WM5, but he wont start until he has completed the 2003 version.
    "When Palm announced today that its new smartphone would run an operating system from Microsoft, it was the equivalent of Coca-Cola agreeing to fill its bottles with Pepsi." ~David M. Ewalt, Forbes Magazine
    ----------------------------------------------------
    My Phone history.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Fittske
    It is buggy because it has been developed for WM2003 not WM5. He has stated that he will be creating a SMSPro for WM5, but he wont start until he has completed the 2003 version.
    We know. The 2003 version has taken over a year and still isn't finished. lol
    LOL! I was there in the beginning too. If only we could get the developer to quit his day job....
  6.    #26  
    Still miss my SMS threading feature from the 650 =(

Gotta be someone that wants to take advantage of this gap and make money
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorn
    Still miss my SMS threading feature from the 650 =(

Gotta be someone that wants to take advantage of this gap and make money
    It hasn't happened in the past year that the 650 has been out so I wouldn't count on it happening anytime soon.
    NEWS FLASH!! The Treo 750w has a threaded SMS program! Who's going to step up to the plate and hack the program?

Timmay
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    http://www.trianglepowers.com/ppc6700/Default.aspx

Go to Pocket PC Programs tab then scroll down the list to SMS threader. Enjoy. And shut up about it already, ok? hehe. By the way...it's free.

While you are there...take advantage of the other cool free stuff they've got.
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity...lick it once and you suck forever!
    Quote Originally Posted by xtant21 View Post
    http://www.trianglepowers.com/ppc6700/Default.aspx

Go to Pocket PC Programs tab then scroll down the list to SMS threader. Enjoy. And shut up about it already, ok? hehe. By the way...it's free.

While you are there...take advantage of the other cool free stuff they've got.
    Works like garbage. Thanks anyway.
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    Garbage? What are you talking about? It is working great for me on Treo700wx.
    Garbage. I used it on a 6700 and it had to always be running to work properly. Are you claiming that it doesn't work like that on the 700wx? It also didn't have emoticons, ability to easily add pictures or videos, etc.
    I found this software call TxtMan. http://www.benhirashima.com/software/

It requires the .NET framework but it works very well so far. any one else hear of this one?

Timmay
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    yeah ..which one is better though?.. i recieved somewhat of a delay feeling with the TxtMan ..gonna try both again
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    Not using a Treo nemore, for the time being, but I am using WM5. I was using TxtMan, then tried SMS threader. I like the interface of SMS Threader more, but it does seem like TxtMan works better. I had SMS Threader open and active, and when I received a new message, it failed to come up on the screen. I uninstalled it and went back to TxtMan til i find something better.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12