1.    #1  
    1 thing make me stick to Palm OS is the powerful feature of email client like Versamail or Snapper.
    Which is the capability to delete email in the mailserver so that we don't have to download unnecessary email or junkmail in our PC (either in office or home).
    I haven't found this feature in Inbox program in any PPC or WM device.
    Any other thoughts?
    You can only download email headers in Pocket Outlook, then delete the headers (and associated email on the server) without downloading the email. Is that what you were looking to do?
    Yes, it's an IMAP thing. As long as you have Inbox set up to connect to an IMAP server, deletions will propagate back to the server.
    Current: iPhone 3G
    Retired from active duty: Treo 800w, Sprint Touch, Mogul, Apache, Cingular Treo 650, HP iPaq 4350, T|T, M505 - Nokia 3650 - SE R520m, T610, T637, Moto P280, etc, etc...
  4.    #4  
    But in Snapper u can download not only header, but also 5K of the mail.
    And there is option if we delete the mail in snapper or remove them from trash folder, snapper will automatically delete those mail in your mailserver whenever you retrieve new email.
    I can't found similar feature in pocket outlook.
    Quote Originally Posted by piterh
    And there is option if we delete the mail in snapper or remove them from trash folder, snapper will automatically delete those mail in your mailserver whenever you retrieve new email.
    In Pocket Outlook you can download the header, any portion of the message you want (user-definable in fractional amounts) to include all of the message (which, with EVDO is how I normally do it), and you can automatically download attachments or not. I don't believe there's any more flexibility you can have with email (unless you want to download by character count ). In Pocket Outlook, you can choose to leave a copy of the message on the server, or pull it all to your device. Did that cover everything?
    Quote Originally Posted by piterh
    If you go to Tools -> Manage Folders in Pocket Outlook you will see all of your IMAP folders. Tap and hold on the Inbox and choose folder options. Here's where you can set how much of the messages are downloaded.

If you delete a message in Pocket Outlook, it will delete from the server at the next send/receive (this goes for IMAP or Exchange Activesync, not POP3).
    Retired from active duty: Treo 800w, Sprint Touch, Mogul, Apache, Cingular Treo 650, HP iPaq 4350, T|T, M505 - Nokia 3650 - SE R520m, T610, T637, Moto P280, etc, etc...
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by phurth
    If you delete a message in Pocket Outlook, it will delete from the server at the next send/receive (this goes for IMAP or Exchange Activesync, not POP3).
    That is only partially true with POP. If you delete the message AND empty your deleted folder (from the "Tools" menu), then it will delete the messages on the server on the next send/receive. If you don't empty the folder, then it will not delete them.
    Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by jglev
    That is only partially true with POP. If you delete the message AND empty your deleted folder (from the "Tools" menu), then it will delete the messages on the server on the next send/receive. If you don't empty the folder, then it will not delete them.
    This is correct - with the possible exception of GMail. I think I've heard complaints of deleted GMail never being removed from the server, but that's likely some Google-specific wackiness.
    WebIS has an option to leave on the server or to delete. You can even specify how many days it will leave it on the server before it deletes it.
    Quote Originally Posted by HobbesIsReal
    WebIS has an option to leave on the server or to delete. You can even specify how many days it will leave it on the server before it deletes it.
    It's not WM5 ready yet, though. Hopefully there'll be a beta soon.
    Judging by Palm's historical timetable.....by the time the 700w is finally released in July of 07 nearly all apps will have been upgraded to WM05!
  12.    #12  
    Thx for all of ur input.
    BTW, my mailserver is POP not IMAP, maybe that would be problem to PPC/WM.
    Hobbes: is this WebIS for PPC or WM? have u tried it with POP server?
    It is for WM. Yes, I am using it right now. There are always the pros and cons, but the extra features and control is something that I have grown to like.