Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    879 Global Posts
    Also notice that if you click on the link to buy one as a new customer is goes nowhere.

So im sure it is a new promo...

Did you pay full price?

Can i get a $10 finders fee???
    I paid full price. Tomorrow I have some errands to run out where there is a VZW store, so I will take my receipt in and make the manager pull this up on their computer, see if (s)he will take the $100 off. I'll keep you all updated.
    Global Posts
    879 Global Posts
    Thanks.. please do as im also faced with paying full price and my corp rep has not gotten back to me today.
    My corporate rep got back with my very quickly, I'm not eligible for a new phone until 8/22/06. As of now I am without a phone and can't see paying 619 for the phone.
    I was able to get the additional $100 "in-store" discount over the phone, AND I stacked it with my NE2 for a total of $200 off! It's being overnighted as we speak so I'll have it tomorrow!

Can't wait
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    Is anyone finding this thing available in stores? I called one of my local stores and they told me it's only going to be available on the web. I called Verizon CS to find out if I could order through them and get the $100 instant savings and they told me that even though that discount is listed on their web site, it's really only a branch of their web site and might be an in-store promotion only. I understand that it's an in-store thing but how do you take advantage of it if the phone isn't available in-store?
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    A quick update. I called another local store and they said they do have them in stock; however, they said the $100 instant savings is only for existing customers who qualify for it (basically that you've had your phone for at 22 months on a 2-year contract or 10 months on a 1-year). WTF? That's not what it says on the web site - it says $100 instant savings for existing customers. Why can't Verizon ever get their $hit together and make sure all of their reps are on the same page?

Can I get the $100 instant savings or not? I know I don't qualify for an upgrade until July but I'd be willing to pay the full retail price of $619 if I can get the instant savings of $100 to bring it down to $519.
    Is anyone able to order the 700 online with just a data plan no voice minutes? Will I have to call telesales to get it or are they not going to sell the phone (@ a two year price) without a voice plan.
    Quote Originally Posted by psywzrd
    A quick update. I called another local store and they said they do have them in stock; however, they said the $100 instant savings is only for existing customers who qualify for it (basically that you've had your phone for at 22 months on a 2-year contract or 10 months on a 1-year). WTF? That's not what it says on the web site - it says $100 instant savings for existing customers. Why can't Verizon ever get their $hit together and make sure all of their reps are on the same page?

Can I get the $100 instant savings or not? I know I don't qualify for an upgrade until July but I'd be willing to pay the full retail price of $619 if I can get the instant savings of $100 to bring it down to $519.
    I was in the same boat. I called every store in Chicago and the best I could get was "maybe late Friday" as to when they would arrive. So I called up VZW CS and asked the rep if I could get the extra $100 off "in-store" discount on the web if I ordered over the phone. I needed to give her the exact link to the vzwshop.com/treo700w site so she could see it and she had trouble putting it through but it worked. I basically told her that I really wanted to give them my $$$ today but none of the stores had it in stock and I wanted the weekend to get the phone set up. The rep was very friendly and accomodating, allowing me to stack my NE2 on top of the additional discount.

The phone was $342 out the door including overnite shipping. I actually went into a store this morning and they had a demo unit but none for sale. I got to play with the demo unit and let me just say anyone worried about the screen resolution needn't worry at all...it was very sharp, brite, and clear.
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tre-i-e-i-o
    I was in the same boat. I called every store in Chicago and the best I could get was "maybe late Friday" as to when they would arrive. So I called up VZW CS and asked the rep if I could get the extra $100 off "in-store" discount on the web if I ordered over the phone. I needed to give her the exact link to the vzwshop.com/treo700w site so she could see it and she had trouble putting it through but it worked. I basically told her that I really wanted to give them my $$$ today but none of the stores had it in stock and I wanted the weekend to get the phone set up. The rep was very friendly and accomodating, allowing me to stack my NE2 on top of the additional discount.

The phone was $342 out the door including overnite shipping. I actually went into a store this morning and they had a demo unit but none for sale. I got to play with the demo unit and let me just say anyone worried about the screen resolution needn't worry at all...it was very sharp, brite, and clear.
    I know I won't qualify for the NE2 but I at least would like to get $100 off on the thing. I'm so torn because I know I can go to the store right now and get one but I don't want to pay full retail for it. I wish I could get some clarification on this $100 instant savings thing - it doesn't say a thing about having to qualify for it but I have a feeling they're not going to give it to me when I go to the store.
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    Sometimes it pays to keep calling until you get someone on the phone that cares. I called CS again and explained that I want to get 700w at a local store but that the people at the store don't seem to know about the $100 instant savings for existing customers. Long story short, she speaks to a supervisor and comes back and tells me to print off the pages on the VWZ website that show the $100 instant savings offer. She tells me to bring the printouts to the store and that she's also going to put a note on my account indicating that I am to receive $100 off the retail price (I don't qualify for an upgrade yet). She asks me which store I'm going to pick up the phone from because she's going to make a note of that as well. While she's entering the notes into her computer, I ask her if I qualify for any other discounts. She then tells me that if I don't use the $100 coupon she can give me 25% off the phone instead!!! So now she makes a note on my account to give me 25% off the retail price so the phone is $465 (retail price of $619 minus 25%) instead of $519 that I was going to pay by using the "coupon".

I think this is a pretty good deal considering I don't qualify for an upgrade until April or July (got conflicting info on that).
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    for those who got it already, did your data plan change? does evdo cost more?
  13.    #33  
    I paid $399 + tax at the store w/ a 1yr renewal agreement. I am awaiting store mgr response to the $299 price she quoted me on Sunday and again yesterday. Also, did not need to get data plan. I willl levage data plan for add'l $100 if the store mgr approves it
    Hope this helps
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    Data plan stayed the same for me and EVDO does not cost more. There's no reason to change your data plan unless you don't already have the unlimited plan and want to upgrade.
    Tre-i-o-i-o. I tried the NE2 and $100 web coupon in my local store and they told me no. They told me that you can't combine coupons which is no where in writing. Then I called 611 and they said they would have a supervisor call me (which they haven't). I went into a indy store and they don't have the phone. Do you have any other suggestions?

I see that you are a Buckeye fan - are you in Columbus? If so, what store did you go to and I'll try them?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12