1.    #1  
    Out of all the pictures I have seen, and even on Treonauts reviews so far I have yet to see a dialpad screen or a "hard button" phone function. Can anyone shed some light on this for me?
    There is a phone dial pad just like there is on all WindowsMobile Phone Edition devices, plus you have the hard keys.
    do ppl use the dial pad? i always use the hardkeys when i have to dial a number no in my address book.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Depends on the situation. Sometimes the keys on the phone are easier to use than the hard keys. Eitherway VC would be optimal.
    I use the screen because I make more mistakes when I press those small buttons.
    There is a picture of the dialpad on page 26 of the user's manual (page 28 of this PDF file) http://www.desktopguru.com/downloads/treo700wmanual.pdf Cool thing is the numbers seem bigger; the only other Windows Mobile dial pad I've seen is on the i730 and I think it has four columns, with keys for send, end, etc. and thus the numbers are so small it is easy to misdial. The 700w only has three columns and no soft keys for send/end, thus seems like easier to dial. We shall see.
    The dial pad comes in handy when using automated phone systems where you have to enter numbers that correspond with letters of the alphabet, e.g. entering a persons last name from a company directory.
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe
    do ppl use the dial pad? i always use the hardkeys when i have to dial a number no in my address book.
    I use the hard keys but when you have tom type letters for a name search in a corporate directory it is nice ot have the pad so you can see the corresponding letters/numbers.