Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Right now until the end of the year you can get 65% off Pocket Informant, WebIS Mail, WebIS Toolbox, Journal Sync (not WM5 compatible), or WebIS Money by using the following code:

9d406f

But only at the WebIS store using the following link:

http://ssl.webis.net/index.php?cPath=21
    Current: iPhone 3G
    Retired from active duty: Treo 800w, Sprint Touch, Mogul, Apache, Cingular Treo 650, HP iPaq 4350, T|T, M505 - Nokia 3650 - SE R520m, T610, T637, Moto P280, etc, etc...
    Its worth stocking up on PocketInformant for $10, even if you currently feel you dont need it.

Surur
    I did...I bought the whole lot, including extras like the icon and avatar sets, for less than $30.

Thanks Phurth!
    I have tried web is mail twice now and I just can't get it to act right.

From what I can tell I can't set the stock email client to use a different reply to address and I also can not get the stock email client to save sent email when using fastmail.

But WebIs Mail continuously says that fastmails certificate name does not match and when I send using gmails SMTP a popup repeatedly asks me to put in my user name and password which are already filled in and even if I delete the text in the field and re-enter it the popup just comes back up. No error, it just comes up.

Any 6700 WebIsMail gmail fastmail users here?
  5.    #5  
    Are you using the release version or the latest beta? Either way, note that neither is fully WM5 compatible. I believe there used to be some certificate issues in the past. You might want to try the support forum over there. It's pretty active and friendly, even.

I picked WebIS Mail up about a year ago simply on hope It has a lot of promise and a good developer.
    Retired from active duty: Treo 800w, Sprint Touch, Mogul, Apache, Cingular Treo 650, HP iPaq 4350, T|T, M505 - Nokia 3650 - SE R520m, T610, T637, Moto P280, etc, etc...
    It was the release version. It never occurred to me to check to see if it was WM5 compatible or to look for the newest beta,,,,, just call me newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Tem
    It was the release version. It never occurred to me to check to see if it was WM5 compatible or to look for the newest beta,,,,, just call me newbie
    n00b13

I just started using PI again a few months ago after being an AF guy all these years. Gotta say, I like it.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    I just started using PI again a few months ago after being an AF guy all these years.
    Just wanted to clarify here foe all my PPC neebie brethren PI = Pocket Informant and AF = Agenda Fusion not Air Force 5 minutes of google'in with the right key words will have you look'in like a PPC pimp
    Thanks Phurth

I figure since WebIsMail seems to be the most popular and it won the award for the best email client it should be WM5 compatible shortly.

And for only $6.95 with the promotion code its a heck of a deal. I'm sure I would have paid $24.00 for it in a month or 2.

Thanks again.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tem
    Thanks Phurth

I figure since WebIsMail seems to be the most popular and it won the award for the best email client it should be WM5 compatible shortly.

And for only $6.95 with the promotion code its a heck of a deal. I'm sure I would have paid $24.00 for it in a month or 2.

Thanks again.
    Yeah, like I said, it has shown great promise - until I met Chatter (*sigh* oh how I miss you!), I thought WebIS Mail was the best. The WM5 beta will be out any day now, too. $6.95 is a steal - and like Insertion said, PI is also well worth the small investment. It has a dizzying array of features including things that Palm/DateBk folks take for granted like custom views (I have a task category for calls, and can access this as a custom view from the Start menu, for example). Cool stuff!
  11.    #11  
    I just started using PI again a few months ago after being an AF guy all these years. Gotta say, I like it.
    PI is pretty good - my biggest beef with it is that I had to spend a considerable amount of time "de-blinging" it. I found the default colors and themes to be a bit garish, and there are sooooooooooooo many options for changing them. I like the simple, uncluttered, no gradient or glowing glass look of Agendus or DateBk and it took a bit of work, but I was able to get there with PI.
  12.    #12  
    I just started using PI again a few months ago after being an AF guy all these years. Gotta say, I like it
    If you don't yet own it, they've just announced permanent price reductions and a 50% discount for owners of other PIM products.
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    I bought Pocket Informant while this deal was going and I have been using it for the past two weeks. I am happy to say that is very nice and extremely configurable! There are so many options that I am not yet finished getting everything the way I want. Heck, I don't even know what it all does yet...

In the end, while I do like PI, it is not as easy to use as the default PIM applications. I think that if people learned to organize themselves better within the default apps these wouldn't be needed. I wipon't be deleting it from my device yet since it may grow on me, but I find myself switching back to the normal applications regularly.
    Does anyone know if Web IS Mail will pick up and send AOL/AIM, Yahoo and maybe Hushmail too? Thanks!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    I set it up with aim (imap) and it worked but for some weird reason, I would get double messages in the inbox like it wasn't syncing correctly.

(I just wish gmail would offer IMAP..... :-(
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Treo
    Does anyone know if Web IS Mail will pick up and send AOL/AIM, Yahoo and maybe Hushmail too? Thanks!
    Im not sure but I dont believe WebIs Mail is ready for WM5. I had to delete it and am waiting for a response from the developer. But I will post your question in there forum ant let you know what they say
    WebIS is not WM5 compatible yet. They are working on it, and there is a beta available for testing. Read through the forums over there for further info.
    The whiny minority always out-posts the contented majority.
    WebIs mail looks like it will be great. Ive used the beta but reverted to the stock application until the beta becomes more usable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Treo
    We got an answer to you question,,,,,, its a small world,,,,, the webis mail people are no where to be found.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Phurth
    Only if she is connecting via POP3 or IMAP. In other words, no to Yahoo web mail, yes to Yahoo POP3 access mail.
    Thanks!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast