1.    #1  
    hi there i just purchased the audiovox and i have had it for a week the ringer is a little low but i have downloaded louder ringers for it i have noticed the phone locks up. happend just 1 time i was just wondering would the treo be that much better.i love the large screen on the audiovox for videos and other then the lock ups i have been very pleased so far
    The audiobox has been out for a while. It may take some time how the 700w will perform. You would probably miss the large screen with the 700w. It is one of your preference.
    I think the screen is the deciding factor. If you can go with the smaller screen, the form factor for the treo is great. Otherwise, I would stick to the 6600.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

I'm a new member here, but have been using pda and converged devices for about three years. I moved from a treo 600 to a xv6600 and really miss the form factor of the treo. The screen size doesn't seem to be that big a deal to me. You are going from 320 vertical pixels to 240. About 1/3 of the height. Another advantage is windows mobile 5.0....That is a huge plus.
    Quote Originally Posted by COPPERLAB
    I'm a new member here, but have been using pda and converged devices for about three years. I moved from a treo 600 to a xv6600 and really miss the form factor of the treo. The screen size doesn't seem to be that big a deal to me.
    I think that is the key, if you need the larger screen size, it's crucial. If you don't, then the form factor becomes a bigger priority.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

And don't forget that Treo is a true one-handed device.
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by COPPERLAB
    I'm a new member here, but have been using pda and converged devices for about three years. I moved from a treo 600 to a xv6600 and really miss the form factor of the treo. The screen size doesn't seem to be that big a deal to me. You are going from 320 vertical pixels to 240. About 1/3 of the height. Another advantage is windows mobile 5.0....That is a huge plus.
    I see no advantage whatsoever to WM5. I had an Axim X50v for about a year, that had WM3 second edition. Now I have the X51v with WM5. There literally is no reason whatsoever to switch over, none. Maybe I'm missing something.
    Global Posts
    507 Global Posts
    I think the big differences for the average user would be the screen and the one handed ease of use, Treo is easy to use one handed and the 6600 has a large screen. I used the 6600 for a while and I have a 650, I went back to the 650 cause it was easier to use and did what I needed, I missed the screen at first and the storage that the 6600 came with, that 128 meg of ram was great! It still comes down to personal preferances
  9.    #9  
    yeah it's a tough one i like to watch videos on the xv6600 but it's a little wide i sent it back and am going to try the 700w but i keep going back to the screen
    Quote Originally Posted by Newps
    I see no advantage whatsoever to WM5. I had an Axim X50v for about a year, that had WM3 second edition. Now I have the X51v with WM5. There literally is no reason whatsoever to switch over, none. Maybe I'm missing something.
    Multitasking

I'll probably keep both & alternate depending on what I'm doing.

The 6600 can't be beat when traveling w/o a laptop for all of the obvious reasons. OTOH, the Treo form AND 5-way navigation is the best for nomal daily use. I never needed a stylus with my Treo but need either a stylus or a screen cleaner with my 6600.