Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I have from vzwcorp.com all of the info on the 700w.

Specifications
    -Up To 280minutes usage time
    -Up to 360 minutes stand by Time
    - 6 oz
    - 2.30H x 4.40w x 0.90D inches

Packaged with handset
    -Getting Started CD-Rom
    -Headset
    -QRG
    -Standard Battery
    -Stylus
    -Travel Charger
    - USB Sync Cable
    -Welcome CD
    National Pricing info
    -High Tier
    -1Yr Contract -$549.99
    -2Yr Contract $499.99
    -No Contract $619.99
    PDA History

Treo 90 > Sony Clie SJ-20 > Tungsten E > HP Ipaq 4355 > Dell Axim X30 > Tungsten T|3 > Tungsten T|5 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Tungsten T|5 > Tungsten E|2 > Tungsten T|X > Blackberry 7250 > Treo 650 (Current)

Functional Palms
    Treo 650, T|X, and T|E2

Too Many Palms!!!
    Too much for only 32MB of RAM.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Global Posts
    879 Global Posts
    It comes with 64MB's of RAM and 128MB's persistent storage according to VZW Employee at howardforums: http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=803423

The only real question is still the processor speed...I know treonaughts posted 312MHz but I dont trust them...
    I'm still confused as to how Treonauts says 32. Was that just on the test model?
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  5.    #5  
    the specs they sent me show 128mb flash and 60mb of ram, oddly enough, there is no processor speed (according to my manager it should be 312mhz but IDK)
    PDA History

Treo 90 > Sony Clie SJ-20 > Tungsten E > HP Ipaq 4355 > Dell Axim X30 > Tungsten T|3 > Tungsten T|5 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Tungsten T|5 > Tungsten E|2 > Tungsten T|X > Blackberry 7250 > Treo 650 (Current)

Functional Palms
    Treo 650, T|X, and T|E2

Too Many Palms!!!
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    Wow 312Mhz for Windows OS device is like going 2 steps backwards in speed. 312Mhz for a Palm OS in the current Treo 650 is probably equivalent to a Windows OS device running at 524Mhz. JMHO, as the Palm OS seems to be more efficient. God Bless.
    LadyTreo, my source says Treonauts has a preporduciton model; and my source is usually right with this info.
    MMM | AntoineRJWright.com | BH | Jaiku

Moved on to Symbian, but still will visit from time to time.
    Not all 312 Mhz processors are created equal. The 312 Mhz processor in the Treo 700w has a built-in cache, which should significantly increase its performance.

Clock speed is not the sole measure of processor performance.
    360 minutes standby time doesn't make sense... also, why is it so expensive? it's got a crappier screen, a cheap camera, and and evdo radio (which is pretty standard for new phones by now...)
    Its a preproduction phone, aka still aint done. The phones that the reviewers will get will be much better in every regard of performance than what you read at the Treonauts review. This is not to say that Andrew is not doing a great job, but in a sense is reviewing a prodct that aint finsihed, and therefore no real conclusions can be drawn, only a few things here and there.
    MMM | AntoineRJWright.com | BH | Jaiku

Moved on to Symbian, but still will visit from time to time.
    Quote Originally Posted by gex
    It comes with 64MB's of RAM and 128MB's persistent storage according to VZW Employee at howardforums: http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=803423

The only real question is still the processor speed...I know treonaughts posted 312MHz but I dont trust them...

That link now shows a pic of a screenshot that says" Treo 700 will be available to all channels on Jan 5th 2006"

Looks like that is a firm date for the release.

http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=803423
    It's about the same price that the 650 was when it first came out....Sad no GPS, NO WIFI.
    With BT you can add GPS easily and TomTom has support for 240*240 already.
    Quote Originally Posted by ppcmd
    With BT you can add GPS easily and TomTom has support for 240*240 already.
    Having to walk around with a BT GPS receiver all the time is not ideal, like if you rent cars alot or use multiple cars. If it was intergrated it would be nice. What I see in the future is a phone that is able to say in a hurricane where there is no cell towers available the ability to switch to GPS MODE and make a call via GPS like ALL the news reporters were able to do during Katrina.
    I agree in for your use its not ideal. I did find the 6515 was helpful with buit in GPS, but I personally didn't have a dire need for it daily, but I would find a BT GPS receiver helpful so thats my route. I sold the 6515 in preperation for the Treo 700w.
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingjunior
    Having to walk around with a BT GPS receiver all the time is not ideal, like if you rent cars alot or use multiple cars. If it was intergrated it would be nice. What I see in the future is a phone that is able to say in a hurricane where there is no cell towers available the ability to switch to GPS MODE and make a call via GPS like ALL the news reporters were able to do during Katrina.
    but if they were part of the hurricane and the power goes out, how would they use it when the battery dies?
    PDA History

Functional Palms
    Treo 650, T|X, and T|E2

Too Many Palms!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordan_Sheppard
    but if they were part of the hurricane and the power goes out, how would they use it when the battery dies?

Well if you still have your car there is the car charger also there is the battery chargers with the DC adapter on them. I know it's far fetched but point was there is advantages to having intergrated GPS.
    Global Posts
    327 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingjunior
    make a call via GPS?

oy. you're lucky no one's teased you about this.

what you "probably" mean is, satelite phones. While GPS is done via satelite, it has nothing to do with satelite phones. Satelite phones are relatively huge.

see http://www.outfittersatellite.com/
    Quote Originally Posted by thetoad
    make a call via GPS?

oy. you're lucky no one's teased you about this.

what you "probably" mean is, satelite phones. While GPS is done via satelite, it has nothing to do with satelite phones. Satelite phones are relatively huge.

see http://www.outfittersatellite.com/

Well you would need a GPS chipset intergrated into the phone for it to be capable of being utilized as a Satelite phone which they have gotten smaller. Hey am reachin ....I would just be happy with GPS for navigation reasons.
    GPS has nothing to do with making a phone call,even on a satellite phone. Completely different set of satellites with a completely different purpose. GPS is for figuring out where you are, that's all.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast