1.    #1  
    With all this hype, you get the sense the 700w would come out very early next year. Well I visited the verizon store and the representative said it could take 6 more months. What? Yeah, he said, there still has to be a lot more testing on their network. I gues the "Can you hear me guy" needs to do alot more testing.
    Quote Originally Posted by tj8212
    With all this hype, you get the sense the 700w would come out very early next year. Well I visited the verizon store and the representative said it could take 6 more months. What? Yeah, he said, there still has to be a lot more testing on their network. I gues the "Can you hear me guy" needs to do alot more testing.
    I was in a VZW store on Friday picking up a battery for my girlfriend's phone so I thought I'd ask the sales rep about the 700w. She told me "not until spring". I smiled politely and left the store.

What you have to realize is customer service reps, especially those in the brick and mortar stores know absolutely nothing, and I mean less than nothing, about impending equipment release dates. Every site you go to you'll find some guy who went to a VZW store, asked a rep, and got a different answer everytime.

Trust me, you probably have a better idea when the Treo 700w will be out than the person you spoke to in the VZW store. They know, at most, 3 days in advance, and usually not even that much.

6 mos is obviously too far out. Verizon only has an exclusive on the unit until 3Q so the will obviously try to capitalize on that fact as much as possible. If test units are on the street and it's on the website, 2 mos would be a worst case scenario.
  3.    #3  
    I kind of agree with you on this. But this sales guy seemed knowledgeble and in fact I had a really long discussion of how there were test devices already out etc.
    Well, will just have to wait and see. I think what he was saying was that if the Treo did not do well in the tests, it could delay the launch.
    Maybe he wanted you to buy a device from him NOW, instead of waiting 6 weeks and buying it from some-one else. Salesmen work on commision, dont they?

Surur
    Quote Originally Posted by Tre-i-e-i-o
    I was in a VZW store on Friday picking up a battery for my girlfriend's phone so I thought I'd ask the sales rep about the 700w. She told me "not until spring". I smiled politely and left the store.

What you have to realize is customer service reps, especially those in the brick and mortar stores know absolutely nothing, and I mean less than nothing, about impending equipment release dates. Every site you go to you'll find some guy who went to a VZW store, asked a rep, and got a different answer everytime.

Trust me, you probably have a better idea when the Treo 700w will be out than the person you spoke to in the VZW store. They know, at most, 3 days in advance, and usually not even that much.

6 mos is obviously too far out. Verizon only has an exclusive on the unit until 3Q so the will obviously try to capitalize on that fact as much as possible. If test units are on the street and it's on the website, 2 mos would be a worst case scenario.
    Cingular reps are clueless too. They didn't even know the 2125 is already out on the website and being sold!!! How's that for clueless, to not know of an already released product?
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by tj8212
    Someone on here said corporate orders were already being taken. That wouldn't be good if true, to wait 6 months. Corporate customers would be very unhappy. Plus it keeps showing up as "coming soon" on their site. Coming soon usually means it'll be there in 1 or 2 months.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    salespeople give you the most pessimistic version of when the next technology is coming out because they do not want you to wait to make your purchase. If they could get away telling you it's never coming out and you don't want it anyway and the 650 is better so buy it now, they would.
    Well, I have been waiting for just about every phone Verizon said was coming out soon for years now. First the startac, then the 6035, then the 7135, then the 650. They have always said they would be out months before they actually hit the stores. In fact, I had to get my 7135 from the business center who had them almost two months before the stores. So I wouldn't be surprised to not see the 700 until late spring, if Verizon's previous record means anything. You also have to realize that Microsoft is notorious for saying their operating systems are coming out years before they actually do.
    And in the meantime many other WM5 devices will be released. If Verizon delays, it could be REALLY bad for business! I wonder, are people really going to be sheep and wait forever when they could buy something sooner?

Corp reps are ordering them already or taking pre-orders. Guess my corp rep needs to read up and get mine on order.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Treo
    And in the meantime many other WM5 devices will be released.
    Am noticing that too.
    Global Posts
    507 Global Posts
    It is always someone higher up that makes these descisions, I work in a call center, we knew about the razr, less than a week before you could get it from b2b and maybe a day in advance when it was on the site and the same for when it was in the stores. As far as testing goes I would rather wait a month or even a few more to get a solid device, instead of getting it tomorrow and it being nothing but a headache and having to replace it numerous times cause it is just horrible. Though I am not really interested in the 700w, just adding my thoughts