Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  

And good news. Old Treo 650 accessories fit and work too. With units now in the hands of reviewers can the release be far of?

Surur
    Good find!
    the 700w will be out soon this means. i just hope the 700w for cingular is not too far off. i hope there is someone testing the 700w on cingular now
    Naveen

Current:Cingular 8525 w/Faria R32

Next Phone:
    Something from HTC because Palm sucks, so I want a Touch Pro, Touch HD, or a Treo Pro.
    If you have Cingular you should wait for the Treo "Hollywood." No external antenna and slimmer form.
    Quote Originally Posted by surur
    And good news. Old Treo 650 accessories fit and work too. With units now in the hands of reviewers can the release be far of?

Surur
    Wow...who would have thought. That is awesome news.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Global Posts
    592 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho
    Wow...who would have thought. That is awesome news.
    Sure... glad they kept the mediocre breakable connector. Now how well will my software work from my 650 work? lol...
    Quote Originally Posted by slinky
    Sure... glad they kept the mediocre breakable connector. Now how well will my software work from my 650 work? lol...
    You know it's kind of funny...I haven't read a lot of "My mediocre breakable connector broke" threads here on TC...
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

You know it's kind of funny...I haven't read a lot of "My mediocre breakable connector broke" threads here on TC...

Good one... LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by newtonjack
    Good one... LOL
    It will be just my luck...slinky will start one of those threads now.

It will be just my luck...slinky will start one of those threads now.

Don't know, who is slinky-or is it better that way?
    The guy (or gal) that I quoted.

Old Treo 650 accessories fit and work too.
    The majority of Treo 650 accessories will work just fine.

They moved the microphone on the 700w, so some cases will block the microphone and some will cover part of the enlarged soft keys. The bottom is slightly narrower, which can cause some issues too. Also the various skin cases will not fit, since the navigation buttons are different. Treo 700 compatible skin cases should be available on launch day.

Over the next couple of days we will add "Treo 700w" to the compatible list of the store items that we have tested the device with.
    So you've got one too it sounds like
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo
    So you've got one too it sounds like
    I guess so, how else could he comment on the size compatibility.
    Global Posts
    592 Global Posts
    Good one... LOL
    You guys are total genius. Wow... wit personified.

Everyone agrees the connector was changed and not for the better unfortunately and there was no need to change it. Some people would rather brag about how they use the Treo on their toilet than every time they broke their connector or something even less dramatic happened in their lives...
    Since I don't have a Treo 650 what is the connector issue? Is it related to a cable or the cradle. Not that I want to start a seperate thread on this.

On that note good to know there will be accessories at the the time of launch rather than Palm dragging its **** in getting accessories out the door say 3 months later.
    You guys are total genius. Wow... wit personified.
    I am not sure why you think you need to resort to using personal attacks...one question though, you say "You guys" but only quote one person (newtonjack)?

Everyone agrees the connector was changed and not for the better unfortunately and there was no need to change it.
    Is it not a good thing that you can use the same sync and charging cables from the 650 on the 700? I don't know about you but it looks like a benefit to me.

Some people would rather brag about how they use the Treo on their toilet than every time they broke their connector or something even less dramatic happened in their lives...
    That may be true (except in your case) but is there even one thread out of the thousands concerning a broken connector for a 650 cable?

(IMO it just sounds like you are bitter about the 650 in general. Am I wrong?)

Quote Originally Posted by ppcmd
    Since I don't have a Treo 650 what is the connector issue? Is it related to a cable or the cradle. Not that I want to start a seperate thread on this.
    I would recommend a search but I did and didn't find very much at all.

Quote Originally Posted by ppcmd
    On that note good to know there will be accessories at the the time of launch rather than Palm dragging its **** in getting accessories out the door say 3 months later.
    Couldn't agree more.

Quote Originally Posted by marcus
    The majority of Treo 650 accessories will work just fine.

Over the next couple of days we will add "Treo 700w" to the compatible list of the store items that we have tested the device with.
    Is it against your reviewer's policy to tell me just ONE thing:

Can one of you who have a 700w PLEASE tell me whether the keyboard integration with the phone and SMS functions work just (or almost) as well as the 650? i.e. ONE HANDED OPERATION and therefore, PREFERABLY without the stylus being required for these functions only.

I am planning a jump back to the Treo family line and want to know if I can safely wait for the 700w.
    Global Posts
    592 Global Posts
    I am not sure why you think you need to resort to using personal attacks...one question though, you say "You guys" but only quote one person (newtonjack)?

Is it not a good thing that you can use the same sync and charging cables from the 650 on the 700? I don't know about you but it looks like a benefit to me.

That may be true (except in your case) but is there even one thread out of the thousands concerning a broken connector for a 650 cable?

(IMO it just sounds like you are bitter about the 650 in general. Am I wrong?)
    It wasn't generated at you although it was plural. Fired off a comment quickly and I have no beef with you and respect your usually well informed posts.

At times the connector for the 650 doesn't make as solid contacts as the 600 and its snap into place action. You find out when you power up again... Additionally, it might not be a rampant problem with the connector but they surely made it cheaper and designed not to last. It doesn't mean it doesn't happen eventually and I see a LOT of complaints about the cable when comparing the differences between the 600 and 650.

My point was that there really isn't any practical path going from the 650 to the 700w if you've made the investment in Palm software, which most of us have done. Is it better than again having to buy all new connectors, sure but this means I'm also buying all new software which is hundreds more dollars outlay and hundreds of dollars sunk and gone.

My disgust with Palm is being another 600 owner who had to spend $$$$ that he'll never see back when his 600 was replaced with a 650. I'm so glad that the 700w, which isn't really the successor to the 650 (and potentially the 700p) has the same connector since it rubs salt into the wounds of having a relatively new 650. Now I won't consider going to a 700w because I've already had a firsthand experience with the RAM underpowered 650 and it would be insanity to ask for the same problem for the third time in a row and have a perpetual RAM problem... and not have WiFi. If I dump the Palm OS it's going to be for a phone that will reasonably give me the features that are now becoming ubiquitous in smartphones and potentially switching to Sprint due to Verizon's data raping prices...
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast