Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 61 to 75 of 75
  1. #61  
    Quote Originally Posted by gex
    If it is anything like most WM phones then the answer is yes to both.
    I disagree. Speakerphone on my PPC6600 and PPC6700 were useless as a speakerphone. And at times the earpiece itself was just as horrible as the Treos. I use to have to put it on speakerphone just to use it as a normal headset because of outside noise levels.
  2. #62  
    Quote Originally Posted by Antoine of MMM
    Well, you see, it falls actually on the PRPRPR $folks$ $that$ $Palm$ $is$ $using$. $If$ $Treonauts$ $didnt$ $get$ $the$ $paper$ $with$ $the$ $product$ $that$ $says$ $NDA$/$embargoed$ $info$, $or$ $the$ $email$ $before$ $the$ $product$ $came$, $they$ $were$ $in$ $legal$ $right$ $to$ $post$ $it$. $It$ $is$ $more$ $probable$ $that$ $was$ $teh$ $case$, $but$ $someone$ $from$ $Palm$ $notified$ $someone$ $with$ $enough$ $pull$ $to$ $email$ $Treonauts$ $with$ $it$. $Not$ $a$ $faux$ $pas$ $on$ $Treonauts$ $end$ $at$ $all$; $but$ $yes$ $one$ $that$ $shuold$ $have$ $been$ $remembered$ $from$ $times$ $past$.
    Hmmmm, Palm, poor PRPRPR? $NEVER$!
  3. #63  
    Quote Originally Posted by Beryl
    ITA. I don't think this model is for happy Treo 650 users.

    There are lots of peole who love Treos but cannot use the Palm OS. Almost 1 year ago I switched from my beloved Treo 600 because of the inherent Palm OS timezone problem and my frequent travels.
    That's odd because the 650 doesn't have a timezone problem and the 6700 (WM5) has a known timezone problem. Users have been instructed to disable the automatic time update feature.
  4. Cartman's Avatar
    Posts
    700 Posts
    Global Posts
    879 Global Posts
    #64  
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Pooh
    I disagree. Speakerphone on my PPC6600 and PPC6700 were useless as a speakerphone. And at times the earpiece itself was just as horrible as the Treos. I use to have to put it on speakerphone just to use it as a normal headset because of outside noise levels.
    Speakerphone on the i730 is excellent!
  5. #65  
    Quote Originally Posted by 2000 Man
    That's odd because the 650 doesn't have a timezone problem
    Do you have any documentation that says that it was fixed in the release of the OS on that device? If so, that is great news for me because that is the ONLY reason I'm using a XV6600:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...light=timezone

    Also, I would consider getting the 700p if the problem is actually fixed.

    Uh-oh. BrotherNov reports to have the timezone problem on his 650.
  6. #66  
    Quote Originally Posted by gex
    Speakerphone on the i730 is excellent!
    Too bad you can't take a picture of your satisfied look with it though.
    (j/k )
  7. Cartman's Avatar
    Posts
    700 Posts
    Global Posts
    879 Global Posts
    #67  
    Last edited by gex; 12/16/2005 at 12:12 PM.
  8. #68  
    Quote Originally Posted by Beryl
    Do you have any documentation that says that it was fixed in the release of the OS on that device? If so, that is great news for me because that is the ONLY reason I'm using a XV6600:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...light=timezone

    Also, I would consider getting the 700p if the problem is actually fixed.

    Uh-oh. BrotherNov reports to have the timezone problem on his 650.
    Search on this site. One of the firmware updates fixed the network time issue. I'm not sure why you quoted a thread that's nearly a year old. The issue has been fixed for a long time now.
  9. #69  
    Its not meant to be an upgrade to the Treo 650 but a starting point for the Treo WMoS instead. Now Palm will need to keep the innovation on the WMoS side or they won't keep the customers.
  10. #70  
    MMM | AntoineRJWright.com | BH | Jaiku

    Moved on to Symbian, but still will visit from time to time.
  11. #71  
    This is getting a little off-topic. According to VZW, the timezone problem is a Palm OS problem and until they fix that within the OS, WM is the only option for frequent travelers. Hence the Treo 700w is the best solution for the Treo-lovers who travel. If there is a firmware update to resolve the problem, it appears that this is a workaround to the OS deficiency.

    Quote Originally Posted by 2000 Man
    Search on this site. One of the firmware updates fixed the network time issue. I'm not sure why you quoted a thread that's nearly a year old. The issue has been fixed for a long time now.
    Sorry for offending you with an old thread.

    I did a search and could not find confirmation that the problem was resolved on any VZW 600/650 Treo. The problem seems to exists on at least one updated Treo 650 according to this post only 2 months ago:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...e+network+time

    Help a lady out. Do you have a link that confirms that the timezone problem has been resolved? I'm specifically interested in VZW Treo 650s since we can't activate non-VZW phones anymore. I'm not wedded to WM and would be happy to use Palm devices again.
  12. #72  
    I searched and found confirmation that it's fixed in the Cingular, unbranded GSM and Sprint 650s. Not enough Verizon users here to find a thread. The thread that you quoted doesn't seem to have anything to do with the Network Time anyway. It's a complaint about syncing causing a date change of an event in the calendar. That's a sync issue.
  13. #73  
    Its backup and the page indicates there is a server issue from the provider. Interesting.
  14. #74  
    Yep, I don't think there is more to it than some of us want to believe.
  15. Iceman6's Avatar
    Posts
    463 Posts
    Global Posts
    500 Global Posts
    #75  
    Quote Originally Posted by gex

    Thanks for the day brightener.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Posting Permissions