Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 28
  1.    #1  
    I prey that they are not, i was literetly out the door to get a 650 and sign up for a year contract with verison. but b4 i left i checked the site to find a store near me and boom i see the 700 coming soon add..

    what the heck!? its December!! coming soon? so what? every single person who was going to buy a treo for there loved ones or themselves this month is to see this and think, "oh i guess i shouldnt buy a phone this christmas? ill wait till i find out when the new one is coming out... when is it?"

    coming soon can mean only 2 things for 2 reasons.
    1 the phone is coming out before christmas, wich i pray is freeking true becuse if #2 is correct then palm is just plain stupid for even mentioning that the 700 is coming out.

    2 the 700 is coming out after christmas shortly and they dont want people to think well the new phone is coming out in january ill just get him a gift certificit... insted to think, it could be coming out next summer, i guess ill go ahead and get that 650.. wich i almost did.. but there is so much talk as to weather the phone is coming out before christmas.. im going insane just thinking about it!

    i waited so long to get a smartphone, and just when im about to do it there is a movie trailer for a new one with no release date the gold derned month of christmas! it just makes no sence, id be happyer having bought one and then fiding out about it becuse now i am forced (becuse i cant jsut bring myself to getting the older versions of anything) to continue to wait for my new phone... arg! why cant they just say when the stupid thing is coming out!!! i hope someone is getting fired for this.
  2. #2  
    You would not get the Verizon Treo 700w until 1Q of 2006. Even if Verizon releases the product, the first ones that would get it are corporate customers.

    If you would rather wait for the 700w, then return your 650 and wait between Jan and March 2006 to your new phone.
  3. #3  
    Thanks for sharing Doh...

    I know I'll sleep better tonight knowing how you feel about your future smartphone...
  4. #4  
    What OS do you really want? Palm(650) or Windows(700w)? You can make your choice that way.

    However, there are also rumors of a new Palm OS Treo, although no specs or anything have been posted. You may have to just wait until next year period, if you want the newer phones.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

    And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  5. #5  
    Or you could just be like LT, and forever be in search of the perfect device...
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  6. #6  
    That reminds me. How come no one has talked me out of buying those other 2 WM5 devices on a Palm OS friendly board? I'm about 1 month away or less from getting the first of the 2. HELP!!!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

    And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  7. Cartman's Avatar
    Posts
    700 Posts
    Global Posts
    879 Global Posts
    #7  
    get the 700w
  8. #8  
    17 more shopping days left.............
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by ronbo2000
    You would not get the Verizon Treo 700w until 1Q of 2006. Even if Verizon releases the product, the first ones that would get it are corporate customers.

    If you would rather wait for the 700w, then return your 650 and wait between Jan and March 2006 to your new phone.
    This is usually true. However, I followed the release of the Samsung i730 very closely (decided not to get it). I know from reading other boards that many non-corporate customers had success ordering the phone the day of the corporate launch. It really came down to get the right CS rep.

    That phone was released about 40 days after the "Coming Soon" teaser first appeared on the VZW site. So maybe we're looking at a 1/16-ish corporate release and a 1/30-ish general release?

    In any case, I hear what you are saying, Doh. I've been waiting for a device such as this (EVDO, smartphone, camera, keyboard) to come out since 9/04, so it's been a long time and my existing phone barely works anymore. I'm just happy to see light at the end of the tunnel.
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by doh2000
    coming soon can mean only 2 things for 2 reasons.
    1 the phone is coming out before christmas, wich i pray is freeking true becuse if #2 is correct then palm is just plain stupid for even mentioning that the 700 is coming out.

    Uhh...ok.

    First of all, where have you been the last 4 months anyway, under a rock or something? The news of the 700w was leaked many months ago fyi so it certainly is not news to most people. Secondly as many have already mentioned, it is a WM treo so it won't necessarily be an upgrade for the 650 if you want a palmos version. Of course there will also be a new palmos version, but there have been no verifiably rumors of when exactly this will be released. Finally, Palm HAD to officailly reveal the 700w b/c the leaks had gotten out of control. It was more dmagae control than anything else...
    _________________
    aka Gfunkmagic

    Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w



    Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

    Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  11. #11  
    I bet if I were to ask several average people on the street, many probably wouldn't know about the WM Treo either! Not everyone visits tech forums all the time to know these things.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

    And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Treo
    That reminds me. How come no one has talked me out of buying those other 2 WM5 devices on a Palm OS friendly board? I'm about 1 month away or less from getting the first of the 2. HELP!!!
    Why would we talk you out of the HTC devices. They're clearly ahead of the WM5 Treo, and far more advanced than the Treo 650 (this comes from a guy who's dropped SERIOUS cash on the Samsung i500, then Treo 330, then 600, then 650). With the exception of input (I HATE T9), the Audiovox SMT5600 temp I've got is so much:

    Smaller
    Better Sound
    Better Voice
    Better Syncing
    Flawless email (with our MS Exchange 2003 server)
    NO RESETS
    Good MP3
    DID I MENTION SMALLER (just like a real cell phone)

    I can't wait for the tough choice between the HTC 2125 (smartphone) and 8125 (PPC). I'm afraid Palm is truly in my rear view mirror.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
  13. #13  
    I will be getting the PPC. After looking at the full version, I don't think I can stomach the Smartphone version only.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

    And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  14. iramike's Avatar
    Posts
    506 Posts
    Global Posts
    507 Global Posts
    #14  
    Smartphone is great if you want a slim down PIM device, with a good email sync that is about where it stops. IMO. I like Pocket PC cause it is a robust OS with great multimedia but I personly would rather have a Palm OS that has a better browser. Thats all I want. My 650 crashed less, after I got the first update than my Pocket PC devices did, the HP 6315, 6515 and Siemens SX66, the last one being the most stable of the 3. I am happy to be going back to palm. I will wait and see though if WM 5 runs well on the 700w I might get it, its not like I have anything better to do with my money
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    Uhh...ok.

    First of all, where have you been the last 4 months anyway, under a rock or something? The news of the 700w was leaked many months ago fyi so it certainly is not news to most people. Secondly as many have already mentioned, it is a WM treo so it won't necessarily be an upgrade for the 650 if you want a palmos version. Of course there will also be a new palmos version, but there have been no verifiably rumors of when exactly this will be released. Finally, Palm HAD to officailly reveal the 700w b/c the leaks had gotten out of control. It was more dmagae control than anything else...
    I agree in this case...but Palm for both Hardware and OS have had a sorry history of unveiling upcoming product WAY to early, and even in some cases before the version before it had even come out. A real shoot yourself in the foot approach IMHO.
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    Why would we talk you out of the HTC devices. They're clearly ahead of the WM5 Treo, and far more advanced than the Treo 650 (this comes from a guy who's dropped SERIOUS cash on the Samsung i500, then Treo 330, then 600, then 650). With the exception of input (I HATE T9), the Audiovox SMT5600 temp I've got is so much:

    Smaller
    Better Sound
    Better Voice
    Better Syncing
    Flawless email (with our MS Exchange 2003 server)
    NO RESETS
    Good MP3
    DID I MENTION SMALLER (just like a real cell phone)

    I can't wait for the tough choice between the HTC 2125 (smartphone) and 8125 (PPC). I'm afraid Palm is truly in my rear view mirror.

    I am in agreement here. (This is also the reason I'm not exactly thrilled about a WinCE based Treo .. nor do I think it bodes well for PalmOne.)

    - If you want a Windows Mobile/WinCE device then the Treo 700w isn't the best in class. (At least what I know of it)
    - It screams that it's a "me too" device. There are other more capable devices out there.
    - If someone wanted a Windows Mobile/WinCE device they would have purchased one prior to getting the Treo 650.

    I think Palm is giving up on the one thing that's differentiating them.

    I tried the CE route. Didn't like it. If I give up my Palm, maybe I'll try Symbian. Who knows?
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by doh2000
    2 the 700 is coming out after christmas shortly and they dont want people to think well the new phone is coming out in january ill just get him a gift certificit... insted to think, it could be coming out next summer, i guess ill go ahead and get that 650.. wich i almost did.. but there is so much talk as to weather the phone is coming out before christmas.. im going insane just thinking about it!
    How about a nice pocket dictionary for xmas? Besides, the 700w is a BlackBerry killer and is aimed more at the corporate market than the consumer market.
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Treo
    I bet if I were to ask several average people on the street, many probably wouldn't know about the WM Treo either! Not everyone visits tech forums all the time to know these things.
    But the news of NOT only on tech forums. It was all over the place including the NYT, Wash Post, cnet, and every where else on the net... A simple google news search would have shown him the news...
    _________________
    aka Gfunkmagic

    Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w



    Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

    Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    Why would we talk you out of the HTC devices. They're clearly ahead of the WM5 Treo, and far more advanced than the Treo 650 (this comes from a guy who's dropped SERIOUS cash on the Samsung i500, then Treo 330, then 600, then 650). With the exception of input (I HATE T9), the Audiovox SMT5600 temp I've got is so much:

    Smaller
    Better Sound
    Better Voice
    Better Syncing
    Flawless email (with our MS Exchange 2003 server)
    NO RESETS
    Good MP3
    DID I MENTION SMALLER (just like a real cell phone)

    I can't wait for the tough choice between the HTC 2125 (smartphone) and 8125 (PPC). I'm afraid Palm is truly in my rear view mirror.
    I'm sorry, but I'm willing to wager that within the next few years Microsoft itself will moth-ball the entire MS smartphone platform and instead focus on a unified WM phone OS...that is actually what most observers believe anyway...

    Smartphone is great if you want a slim down PIM device, with a good email sync that is about where it stops. IMO.
    EXACTLY! Seriously, why would anyone want to buy a MS smartphone device when you can now or quite shortly get WM smartphones with similar or smaller form factors and much much more functionality and features? It doesn't make sense to me...
    _________________
    aka Gfunkmagic

    Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w



    Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

    Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by HobbesIsReal
    I agree in this case...but Palm for both Hardware and OS have had a sorry history of unveiling upcoming product WAY to early, and even in some cases before the version before it had even come out. A real shoot yourself in the foot approach IMHO.

    Yeah, but like I alluded to before, Palm really had their hand forced b/c of the Engadget leak. The info had already been released in the wild on the net and they had to formally announce the 700w b/c of this...
    _________________
    aka Gfunkmagic

    Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w



    Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

    Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions