Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 85
  1.    #1  
    Updated with pic and contact info:

    http://www.vzwshop.com/treo700w/
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by newtonjack
    Updated with pic and contact info:

    http://www.vzwshop.com/treo700w/
    were you able to sign up for the notification? It gave me an error.
  3.    #3  
    No but it should work soon.
  4. Cartman's Avatar
    Posts
    700 Posts
    Global Posts
    879 Global Posts
    #4  
  5. #5  
    Not to worry - if it's like previous PDA phone releases, you'll receive and email from Verizon about the Treo 700w about 2 weeks after you've found out from TreoCentral forums the phone is already available for purchase.
  6. sundstrom's Avatar
    Posts
    20 Posts
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    #6  
    if you look at the picture from verizon, the icons look like web shortcuts, not picture speeddials that you see on all the other literature (and the user manual). and the web search is a google search.

    interesting.
  7. jglev's Avatar
    Posts
    403 Posts
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by sundstrom
    if you look at the picture from verizon, the icons look like web shortcuts, not picture speeddials that you see on all the other literature (and the user manual). and the web search is a google search.

    interesting.
    Click the link again. They changed the picture on their website.
    Jeff
  8. sundstrom's Avatar
    Posts
    20 Posts
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    #8  
    i liked the old one better. although, perhaps the speed dial icons can still be like favorite buttons that could link to a webpage or program
  9. #9  
    Raise your hand if you care about the 700w at all.

    Now raise your hand if you're waiting for something with a bigger keyboard, landscape screen(as opposed to the 700w landscape which makes about as much sense as turning my computer monitor on its side), and built-in wi-fi. Oh yeah, the XV6700.
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by jglev
    Click the link again. They changed the picture on their website.
    I guess they didn't think the soccer ball really conveyed the image of a business device.
  11. BNelson's Avatar
    Posts
    67 Posts
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by ckeegan
    Raise your hand if you care about the 700w at all.

    Now raise your hand if you're waiting for something with a bigger keyboard, landscape screen(as opposed to the 700w landscape which makes about as much sense as turning my computer monitor on its side), and built-in wi-fi. Oh yeah, the XV6700.
    Treo 700w

    For pete's sake, go back to HoFo to whine about the 6700 not being out. This is TREOcentral.
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by ckeegan
    Raise your hand if you care about the 700w at all.

    Now raise your hand if you're waiting for something with a bigger keyboard, landscape screen(as opposed to the 700w landscape which makes about as much sense as turning my computer monitor on its side), and built-in wi-fi. Oh yeah, the XV6700.
    Raise you hand if you care about worldphones in GSM mode. The Verizon 700w and the 6700 are provincial phones only. While the quad band 650 and new HTC Wizard can be used not only here but overseas, which is great because we're in a global community and economy.

    See, we all have our preferences.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

    And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  13. Cartman's Avatar
    Posts
    700 Posts
    Global Posts
    879 Global Posts
    #13  
    wow.. thats interesting about the picture.. glad i took a snapshot or we never would of noticed
  14. Cartman's Avatar
    Posts
    700 Posts
    Global Posts
    879 Global Posts
    #14  
    Hey.. the original had a WiFi icon on the top menu bar!
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by gex
    Hey.. the original had a WiFi icon on the top menu bar!
    All of these are just stock photos from Microsoft of WM5 screens. The one shot was probably from a device with Wifi.

    Personally I don't get why anyone cares about Wifi in a phone, as it is currently, turning on Wifi kills your battery in 20 minutes, and makes you unable to make/receive calls. I fail to see the point when EVDO is almost as good without the restrictions.
  16. #16  
    Verizon's overpriced data, one reason I like wi-fi!! Cingular's overpriced data, two reasons I like wi-fi!! Paying for a service(and sometimes it's free!) only when I actually need to get online outside of my office, instead of being stuck on a monthly data contract, three reasons I like wi-fi!! As for battery drainage, I use it only to check what I need and get off. I hate talking on the phone a lot while out anyway, that's what voicemail is for!! Although I've heard this is only a Verizon restriction, nice going Verizon!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

    And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  17. jglev's Avatar
    Posts
    403 Posts
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorn
    Personally I don't get why anyone cares about Wifi in a phone, as it is currently, turning on Wifi kills your battery in 20 minutes, and makes you unable to make/receive calls. I fail to see the point when EVDO is almost as good without the restrictions.
    The problems with receiving or making a phone call with WiFi on only pertains to Verizon since they intentially crippled these devices. There is no phone issue on GSM or Sprint phones with WiFi.
    Jeff
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by jglev
    The problems with receiving or making a phone call with WiFi on only pertains to Verizon since they intentially crippled these devices. There is no phone issue on GSM or Sprint phones with WiFi.
    True, but using Wifi on any phone in which I've seen it makes for atrocious battery life.
  19. jglev's Avatar
    Posts
    403 Posts
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorn
    True, but using Wifi on any phone in which I've seen it makes for atrocious battery life.
    Yup. Absolutely true.
    Jeff
  20. #20  
    I signed up but don't expect Verizon to get me the info timely. I have call into our corp rep to get him ready to port my #'s back to Verizon and order my Treo 700w when its ready. Corp sales get it before consumer sales.
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions