Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    The chatter I have been hearing (unconfirmed) is that Verizon will simultaneously debut the Treo 700w, Moto Q, and PPC6700 at the upcoming CES. We all know how close the Treo 700w is (or should be).

The Moto Q FCC docs were posted last week and the device has been confirmed by Motorola for a Q1 2006 release.

Some folks have found images of the PPC6700 on Verizon's test website and members of Best Buy's "Geek Squad" have been spotted with the device as far back as October.

Apparently Verizon is tyring to catch up to the WM5 train in one fell swoop which would make my decision very tough. Somehow I still see VZW pushing back the release of the other two phones and pushing the Treo 700w out first, followed by the PPC6700 and finally the Q in March.

I'm guessing we see the Treo 700w corp rollout 1/18-19 followed by a consumer release on 2/1-2. Verizon seems to prefer a Wed/Thurs release over a Monday/Tues release, or has in the past (650, i730). Bear in mind these are just my stabs in the dark.
    Last edited by fumblerooski; 12/18/2005 at 08:37 PM.
    If your data connection is ACTIVE (i.e. downloading or sending), it will not ring through. Otherwise, it will.
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Hair
    If your data connection is ACTIVE (i.e. downloading or sending), it will not ring through. Otherwise, it will.
    Perhaps if you are talking about Sprint (I haven't used their EVDO yet), but on Verizon's network, an active data connection is interrupted (paused) by an incoming phone call.
    Last edited by Kupe; 12/19/2005 at 11:10 AM.
    Any reports or guesses on when the camera-less 700w will be available on Verizon?
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe
    Perhaps if you are talking about Sprint (I haven't used their EVDO yet), but on Verizon's network, an active data connection is interrupted (paused) by an incoming phone call.
    That is the way my 6700 works on Sprint's EVDO too.
    Jeff
    I looked the 6700 at the sprint store in Commack NY this weekend and I was disappointed. I tested both the 6700 and treo 650 using DSL reports site and speed was about 60K on both phones so doesn't seem like EVDO is that much faster. Even my verizon EVDO data card does not seem taht much faster than 1xrrt

Also, the 6700 did display web pages horizontally but the display did not seem that much bigger to me

End result, I will wait til early Jan & then replace my verizoned treo 600 w/ either treo 650 or treo 700

Hope this helps
    Quote Originally Posted by trragtops
    I looked the 6700 at the sprint store in Commack NY this weekend and I was disappointed. I tested both the 6700 and treo 650 using DSL reports site and speed was about 60K on both phones so doesn't seem like EVDO is that much faster. Even my verizon EVDO data card does not seem taht much faster than 1xrrt
    I suspect you weren't on EVDO then. Here' in DC, I routinely get speeds of 500-700kbps on dslreports. I have since I got my first EVDO card back in the summer of 2003. My i730 currently gets that speed as did my XV6600. The worst EVDO test result I've gotten during that time was in the high 200s.

If your experiences with EVDO don't "seem taht much faster than 1xrrt," then you haven't actually experienced EVDO yet. It's like saying you can't tell the difference between your dialup modem and DSL (it's literally like that).
  8.    #68  
    Got an e mail today from Microsoft about new/upcoming smartphones. Says Treo700w coming soon.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobi...s/holiday.mspx
    not that it's news, but it says "available in early 2006"
    Global Posts
    879 Global Posts
    Palm CEO Ed Colligan stated in todays Palm's earnings conference call that Palm will announce three new smartphones next year, in addition to the Treo 700w which will ship on time in early January.

read more here: http://www.wmphones.com
    Some new release information on the 700w. Looks like January 5, 2006. Scroll down to VZW Employee's posting.

http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...&page=15&pp=15
  12.    #72  
    Getting closer, the Treo 700 is now on Verizon Wireless homepage.

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/index.jsp
    It's been there for over a month.

Quote Originally Posted by newtonjack
    Getting closer, the Treo 700 is now on Verizon Wireless homepage.

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/index.jsp
  14.    #74  
    Quote Originally Posted by kirkeric
    It's been there for over a month.
    Not this particular ad and not on the home page.
    Global Posts
    879 Global Posts
    yup... its one of the pictures in rotation now.. on the home page...
    According to my local Verizon store, the 700w will be in stock on 1/12.

Newbie here - looking forward to buying my first Palm!
    Quote Originally Posted by stevenf
    Guess I'll most likely be holding off until EVDO is a little more widely spread then.

Calls do ring through when a GPRS/EDGE connection is active on a GSM phone, though, right? Or am I crazy? I'm virtually sure that it has happened to me, but now you all are putting doubt in my mind.
    Yes, you are correct. Calls do ring through on GSM phones. CDMA phones go to voicemail. That's what I hate about Sprint right now, I miss alot of calls.
    Global Posts
    592 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 9thfloormaniac
    Yes, you are correct. Calls do ring through on GSM phones. CDMA phones go to voicemail. That's what I hate about Sprint right now, I miss alot of calls.
    This being the case basically makes EVDO worthless to me on Verizon. With the current Interent access my calls go through and then I can happily return to my online status.

Even more of an argument to wait or get a phone other than the 700w on Verizon...
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 9thfloormaniac
    OK, here we go again. Unless Verizon EVDO is different than Sprint EVDO (which I doubt since EVDO is a separate radio than 1x/Voice on both systems), calls ring through if you are on EVDO and accessing data (data is halted). Calls go directly to voicemail if you are on 1x and actively receiving or sending data.
    Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by jglev
    OK, here we go again. Unless Verizon EVDO is different than Sprint EVDO (which I doubt since EVDO is a separate radio than 1x/Voice on both systems), calls ring through if you are on EVDO and accessing data (data is halted). Calls go directly to voicemail if you are on 1x and actively receiving or sending data.
    That is exactly how it works. With EVDO on VZW, calls ring through. The data connection (e.g. radio streaming) will resume after the call ends.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast