Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Global Posts
    879 Global Posts
    All of these are just stock photos from Microsoft of WM5 screens. The one shot was probably from a device with Wifi..
    They are absolutely not stock photos of WM5 screens... it is probably from an earlier build of the 700w with palm's initial customizations.

Personally I don't get why anyone cares about Wifi in a phone...I fail to see the point when EVDO is almost as good without the restrictions
    I completely agree with this statement... on my i730 with EVDO I never use WiFi and wouldn't mind one bit if it wasn't built in.
    Quote Originally Posted by ckeegan
    Raise your hand if you care about the 700w at all.

Now raise your hand if you're waiting for something with a bigger keyboard, landscape screen(as opposed to the 700w landscape which makes about as much sense as turning my computer monitor on its side), and built-in wi-fi. Oh yeah, the XV6700.
    I'd like to direct you to the top of your browser. Good, now see that bit about the Treo? Perhaps it says "TreoCentral." Moron.
    Bigger keyboard? I sold my bb to get a 650 and found the keyboard to be just fine although not as good as the bb keyboard. All the other features that the treo has more than makeup for a slightly smaller keypad.

If I need to type a thesis I use my x41t and not my treo.
    Global Posts
    879 Global Posts
    Its now live... on vzw.com.
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by gex
    Its now live... on vzw.com.
    Live as for sale now?
    like the gsm/global thing but

-sprint/tmobile/cingular don't compare to domestic coverage quality
    -edge is a nice attempt but is not evdo
    -power users need data all the time...10 minute old messages don't do it for some
    -voicemail? that's what real-time email is for! for heavens sake!
    -razor's are nice as a second phone
    -wi-fi? wi-be-foolish?

have a vx6601 now, can't stand the thought of another pull-out keyboard....the 6700 is for some-time text'ers. only reason i have what i have is that i couldn't stand the palm os for another day. couple that with the slow-arse internet speeds that sprint offers (t650) and i wanted to put a gun to my head.

t700 come get me baby!
    Global Posts
    879 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by newtonjack
    Live as for sale now?
    no... sorry... should of been more expressive.. the test web site has been taken to the production web site for the general public to see the coming soon pages for the 700w.
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    I read somewhere on the 'net that CDMA phones cannot receive phone calls while the data connection is active. Is this true?
    Quote Originally Posted by stevenf
    I read somewhere on the 'net that CDMA phones cannot receive phone calls while the data connection is active. Is this true?
    True and neither can GSM
    Global Posts
    879 Global Posts
    The coming soon page has been updated with a new picture again....
    http://www.vzwshop.com/treo700w/
  11.    #31  
    Global Posts
    879 Global Posts
    If you are talking about 1xRTT then yes.. the call will go to VM. If you are in an active EVDO data connection the call will ring through. Your EVDO data connection will resume when the call ends.
    Global Posts
    879 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by newtonjack
    I wouldnt put much merit into that source...
    Global Posts
    879 Global Posts
    Picture updated again!!! Notice the logo placements have changed. I think this is the final version we are seeing now...

15.    #35  
    I just went there and noticed that.
    Our corp rep says no December, January is likely.
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rome
    True and neither can GSM
    Are you sure? My Sidekick seemed to be able to receive a call in the midst of a GPRS operation, and I've received calls on my Treo while web browsing.

Let me rephrase my question.

If I have a Treo 700w on Verizon, and it's checking my email, will I be able to receive a call at that moment?
    If I have a Treo 700w on Verizon, and it's checking my email, will I be able to receive a call at that moment?
    Only if you are currently on an EVDO connection - the call will ring through immediately. If you are on a 1xRTT connection, the call will be redirected to voice mail.
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe
    Only if you are currently on an EVDO connection - the call will ring through immediately. If you are on a 1xRTT connection, the call will be redirected to voice mail.
    Guess I'll most likely be holding off until EVDO is a little more widely spread then.

Calls do ring through when a GPRS/EDGE connection is active on a GSM phone, though, right? Or am I crazy? I'm virtually sure that it has happened to me, but now you all are putting doubt in my mind.
    Well, EVDO is expanding more and more everyday. So I figure by the time you get your hands on one of those Treo 700 you should get decent EVDO coverange on most popular places.

Al
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast